Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Curious line in the April 2nd Hotfixes

Assassination Rogues should no longer be receiving non-dagger agility weapons from bonus rolls and Raid Finder.

If I'm reading that correctly, if you queue into LFR as Assassination you'll never get one of the other weapons from loot/bonus rolls? I know in the previous tier I've gotten daggers as Combat. Any ideas?

I suspect it's to make it more spec-specific. In 5.3, players will have the option of queuing as one spec while marking that they want to receive gear for a different spec. It also makes the "ARGH, I AM ASSASSINATION, WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME AN AXE" problem go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Assassination Rogues should no longer be receiving non-dagger agility weapons from bonus rolls and Raid Finder.

If I'm reading that correctly, if you queue into LFR as Assassination you'll never get one of the other weapons from loot/bonus rolls? I know in the previous tier I've gotten daggers as Combat. Any ideas?
    Daggers can be used as an OH for combat, so combat will continue to roll everything. Assassination can't use anything but daggers, so they're fixing it so you can't get fists/maces/swords on your LFR and coin rolls.

Don't you use daggers as combat? Isn't that the point, so assassination rogues don't get weapons they don't use for their spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    This change just makes it so there's no reason to run LFR as Assassination unless you already have the weapons you want. If I have a pair of the 476 LFR daggers and a 463 Blue Sword, I'm going to run ToT with the 463 Blue Sword as Combat so I'm not restricted in my rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually submitted a ticket last week complaining about this very thing. During a LFR I receieved a fist weapon while I was assassination. I was not too pleased because I still have a 450 and 463 dagger and thought the weapon I received was a dagger.

This change just makes it so there's no reason to run LFR as Assassination unless you already have the weapons you want. If I have a pair of the 476 LFR daggers and a 463 Blue Sword, I'm going to run ToT with the 463 Blue Sword as Combat so I'm not restricted in my rolls.
    In 5.3, you'll be able to choose the spec you're rolling for.

If you play assassination, you want daggers. If you play combat, you want non-daggers and daggers. It's not restricting your rolls, it's making them more useful.

i got 2 axes from the 3boss in lfr, too bad assassination is way better even with 489 daggers

Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    i got 2 axes from the 3boss in lfr, too bad assassination is way better even with 489 daggers

Not really. Two 502 with(And if even you're that far in the legnegedary quest) two haste gems can be better

Well, a nice change. At least we won't waste anymore coins for weapons we don't use.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

...I'll just choose to roll as combat come 5.3.

Deleted
    Why can sub still get weapons other than daggers? Did lfr with my sub rogue one week ago and received an axe. Isn't this very unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    Why can sub still get weapons other than daggers? Did lfr with my sub rogue one week ago and received an axe. Isn't this very unfair?
    Because Sub only requires a dagger in the mainhand, therefore it's perfectly viable to use something else for off hand. Assassination requires daggers in both hands for Mut so it makes sense that they can't win other weapons.

Deleted
    Agreed, but isn't a dagger in the offhand still way better because faster speed leads to more deadly poison procs? So now I still have to go mut to get my sub gear.

Sub can actually have a use for a slow MH if you ditch BS from the rotation and only spam hemo. OH a dagger will be always better than a slow weapon for Sub.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's about freaking time! I submitted 3 tickets related to this issue last patch after receiving 2 fist weapons and a caster dagger!!! I was so mad, I had no luck with the daggers drop and getting weapons that I'm not able to use was really upsetting.
    Last edited by Gnu; 2013-04-03 at 04:02 PM.

Bizarre. Well, I guess this nets a buff- you can always switch to a second spec and roll coin on weapon bosses, or choose to exclude.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Bizarre. Well, I guess this nets a buff- you can always switch to a second spec and roll coin on weapon bosses, or choose to exclude.
    To clarify, you roll for the spec you were when the boss died. You can't swap after and coin for the new spec. It's been that way since 5.1. Only 5.3 offers a way around this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    It's about freaking time! I submitted 3 tickets related to this issue last patch after receiving 2 fist weapons and a caster dagger!!! I was so mad, I had no luck with the daggers drop and getting weapons that I'm not able to use was really upsetting.
    A caster weapon really?

Anyway about the changes, those who were playing Assa because of the weapons they had are kind of screwed then, having to carry combat spec in RF... Not a big deal though in my opinion, as it will only last half a patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    A caster weapon really?
    Yep. Issues have been going around; my bear-friend got a shiny caster belt out of his last LFR, which is, you know, really exciting to tank with.

This should* stop assassination/sub from getting 2.6/caster weapons. Any other issues are likely to follow another hotfix, or show up in 5.3