Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MMO-champ didn't even cover the release of the expansion?

I honestly believe some occasional new coverage would significantly help players come back to swtor. I know this site has done news on swtor before, but not much as even a mention when the expansion was released? What gives? are they being paid by blizzard to keep quiet?

What have they changed that would make someone like me, who played until they went FtP and quit because the experience went from a 7 to a 1?

Be the news you disparage MMO-Champ from giving.

There is a reason noone plays swtor - also the expansion has the same content as any standard mop content patch, hardly worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    I honestly believe some occasional new coverage would significantly help players come back to swtor. I know this site has done news on swtor before, but not much as even a mention when the expansion was released? What gives? are they being paid by blizzard to keep quiet?
    mmo champion is a wow fansite, there is a wow patch on the ptr, theres no need for filler news
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    There is a reason noone plays swtor - also the expansion has the same content as any standard mop content patch, hardly worth talking about.
    You're absolutely right except they called it an expansion and gave 5 meaningless levels. So why not even a brief front page mention?

MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies is what this site is labeled as. They don't need to be paid by Blizzard to not cover other games. The site is about WoW.

Edit: And while what I said is true, they do Boubouille does occasionally link to DiabloFans, which iirc, he also runs. He does also post some of those gaming/general MMO videos once in a while.

But the main thing is, running a fan site for one game usually deters you from posting about another game of the same genre which is considered 'competition.'
    Last edited by Renley; 2013-04-24 at 06:18 PM.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. They pretty much only cover Blizzard related news. On occasion I have seen them post news about other games but only very rarely.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    does MMO champion conver the news about any MMO, beside world of warcraft. I mean, it's not like dozen of new mmo are release every years, with diferent public in mind. How many got cover by MMO-champion.

This is, by any meaning of the term, a wow fansite, and we are here, in an off topic forum.

I've seen some swtor news before, when it first released anyway. And I've seen them cover some news about GW2 on occasion.

You're absolutely right except they called it an expansion and gave 5 meaningless levels. So why not even a brief front page mention?
    Because the vast majority of visitors to the site don't give a shit about SWTOR or any other MMO? This is MMO-Champion, not MMO-WentFreeToPlayBecauseEveryoneWasQuitting.

I'm sorry if that's a bit too blunt for you, but there's no business in advertising an expansion for a failed-MMO-turned-free-to-play.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I swear you are on to s.th.

/tinfoilhat
    Is that seriously how you phrase something? Because if thats serious, you have mental deficiencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's because Starwars has fallen on old times. They did report SWTOR stuff but not so much anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Look at the lack of traffic on the SWTOR forums as a reason they coverage on the game is limited. They had mentioned it, but there isn't much to say about a few dozen new quests on a new planet and rehashing old content. In many ppl eyes this expansion is nothing more then a patch they charged people 10 to 20 dollars for, if you have that mindset how much coverage is it going to get?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe it's because Starwars has fallen on old times. They did report SWTOR stuff but not so much anymore.
    Pretty much this. SWTOR isn't what it was a year or so ago (the hype/anxious playerbase). New game news is updated on the front page if there's a reason to believe traffic to the site will increase a good amount due to it (more traffic = more $$ from ads and such). The (lack of) forum activity on the SWTOR section is probably one way they judged whether or not it was worth it (if it was even considered).

On top of many mmo fan sites dropping swtor from their coverage, there is also the issue that this probably doesn't meet many mmoers definition of an expansion. More a content patch with an arbitrary level cap increase.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I realize it is called MMO-Champion but honestly, you should know that this is primarily a WoW fansite
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Because the vast majority of visitors to the site don't give a shit about SWTOR or any other MMO? This is MMO-Champion, not MMO-WentFreeToPlayBecauseEveryoneWasQuitting.

I'm sorry if that's a bit too blunt for you, but there's no business in advertising an expansion for a failed-MMO-turned-free-to-play.
    They why are you browsing this forum? I'm aware that SWTOR is viewed as a failure, but having recently come back to it I realized that it is a good game, despite the massive hate.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

Rofl.

It thinks f2p means failure.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

They why are you browsing this forum? I'm aware that SWTOR is viewed as a failure, but having recently come back to it I realized that it is a good game, despite the massive hate.
    I'm not browsing this forum. It appeared in the "recent posts" section. I realize that I can change which forums that section draws posts from, but that requires me to be logged into the forum. This computer does not like to stay logged into any websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Rofl.

It thinks f2p means failure.
    It means that they failed to meet their original goals and had to change the way the game was financed because the old system failed.

What part of that sounds like a success to you?

Edit: Just to make things clear, I'm not trying to insult SWTOR. I played a bit of the beta and, while feeling like a generic MMO (read "WoW Clone"), I didn't necessarily have any problems with it. That said, a game can still be fun and a failure. Just look at the new Tomb Raider! It sold, like, 5+ million copies and is probably going to be a contender for game of the year, yet SquareEnix considers it a failure.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-04-24 at 07:59 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... What?

If TOR actually had something worth the front page then we would probably see it on the front page. There is nothing on the front page for the same reason this is one of the very few places left to talk about the game without having to pay for it. Not enough traffic to make it worthwhile.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.