Deleted

Problems Installing SWTOR

So the other night a friend suggested i download it since its F2P now so i thought yh lets give it a go, so i get up to installing main assests 111 and it installs the 11gb fine and then when it starts another download it gets to 18% and freezes the launcher and wont do anything, i read some advice on the SWTOR forums and it said delete some files and reboot the computer in safe mode with netwroking on so i did and it started downloading main assests 112 and did that 5gb fine then again when it starts another download it got to 18% and the repair tool started flashing so i clicked it then the launcher froze again.

Does anyone have any advice or reasons why its doing this? or should i just wait until after the release of Rise of the Hut Cartel?

I had a horrible experience with this in February and ended up buying a whole new system as my RAM was the culprit, believe it or not. I tried every step by step posted by the forums and nothing worked. I finally tested my system with http://www.memtest.org/ and it turned out to be a problem with my rig.

If you have a friend that has the game, have them copy the game files to an external drive and copy them to your disk. I know that works, I was hesitant to bypass the install errors until I found the actual problem myself as I am a techno-phobe.

Works if you install it successfully on any machine to copy the game files, don't have to actually run it, fyi.
    Last edited by Pensz; 2013-04-23 at 06:19 PM.