(spriest) Well over hit capped, what can I do?

This is me:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zznbuzz/simple

I think my gems are optimized for item bonuses... I use ReforgeLite, haste being the top stat as it should. I hate having SO MUCH hit over cap, what should I do? Screm gem bonuses and go all haste?

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    This is me:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zznbuzz/simple

I think my gems are optimized for item bonuses... I use ReforgeLite, haste being the top stat as it should. I hate having SO MUCH hit over cap, what should I do? Screm gem bonuses and go all haste?
    Change your leg enchant from the int spirit to the int crit

Drop the socket bonuses on your staff and belt, start looking for gear without spirit on it, pretty much every piece you have has it

If needed gem pure haste in boots too, as obviously the 60 spirit socket bonus does nothing for you
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2013-04-16 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say check a calculator like Mr Robot to see if dropping the haste/spirit gems will bring you to hit cap. Compare your gear rating before and after to see if you've improved, and run a simcraft for each to check for improvement.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can also ignore the +60 int gem bonuses. Try to match for the +120 int bonuses.

Anytime the bonus socket bonus is less than what you have to give up to get them, don't bother with it. In your case, you give up 160 haste (if that's what you're going for over int) for 60 int on your weapon, your boots have a spirit socket bonus on them (so don't bother), your pants could have the stam instead of the spirit enchant, your belt is giving up 160 haste for 60 int again. I don't know shadow priests stat weights for spriests, but ya, quick view on that.

Well, INT still greater than HASTE... for the feet, the Reckless gem is pretty much the best, or you want me to go full haste? (I'm still ~1100 haste away from next goblin haste cap of 9603). For the head, the bonus is 180 INT, so I keep Energized Wild Jade... I can change waist indeed, can't change pants, can change weapon.

Let's see...

Down to 16.27% hit, haste climbed a bit, spellpower lowered... I really do need other gear lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Well, INT still greater than HASTE... for the feet, the Reckless gem is pretty much the best, or you want me to go full haste? (I'm still ~1100 haste away from next goblin haste cap of 9603). For the head, the bonus is 180 INT, so I keep Energized Wild Jade... I can change waist indeed, can't change pants, can change weapon.

Let's see...

Down to 16.27% hit, haste climbed a bit, spellpower lowered... I really do need other gear lol!
    While int is > than haste, 2 haste is > 1 int, so you do want to change the boot gem, also a good idea to put a pure haste in weapon, not a reckless

You also could consider putting haste / stam in helm and legs. Stamina has some value, where as hit over hit cap has 0
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2013-04-16 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks hikamiro, I'm going with that now. In ToT (25N)... let's see how it goes!

You logged off in Disc so I can't tell what gear you have but you may just be packing too much spirit, lose some of it and you should be good
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.