best way for disc to handle direhorn spirit on horridon HC

as the title says, in the final phase our disc was running away to push away direhorn spirit in between calls, but im sure thats not best way to handle it, what other other discs doing?

You can use dispel magic on it. Also throw a mindbender at it, knocks it back like half way across the room every min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mindbender; if you use penance at max range it will be hit back three times. SW:P in all other scenarios.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    I just use smite/solace on it, saving panance for boss for the ridicolous healing it provides, i am usually divine star speced as well for an extra instant knock. Dispel magic works as well, but its a hps loss, only use it if you really need it.

Btw i dont know how you do it to knock it 3 times with penance, with bl up i only knock it once, without bl i knock i 2 times.

For heroic, try to use mindbender right before you start using Spirit Sheld (about 18 to 15 sec before a Dire Call), this way in the last phase where the Dire Calls hit like trucks, especially when they coincide with a Bestial Cry from Jalak, you can just Spirit Shell away without having to worry about the Dire Spirit. Otherwise, just holy fire and penance when Minderbender and SS are on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you max range it the distance penance travels to the Dino allows for two-three bounces.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    As stated, mindbender (only fight I can come up with where it's a better choice than solace) and atonement. Just figured I'd mention that sw is a really bad idea for that as disc (awesome for shadow), the mana cost is massive.

Deleted
    What Cookie and many others said; Mindbender.
    Allows you to forget about your direhorn for a large chunk of the fight, especially handy in the latter parts of the fights where you want to focus on SS:ing the raid and whatnot.
    I next to never use Penance on it as it's just too good to waste on the direhorn compared to the healing you get out of it whacking Penance on Horridon, if your Bender is on cd using Smite / HF is plenty combined with DS (when you're stacked during the last phase) to keep it away until Bender is off cd again.

Yep, everyone's advice is spot on. What I personally do is...

Smite (Dispel works but I like the added hps from Smite since the raid damage is high) Direhorn Spawn to keep him at bay when he first spawns.
    Continue to use Penance and Holy Fire (or Solace) on CD on Horridon.
    20 seconds before Dire Call, cast Shadowfiend on Direhorn Spirit.
    18-19 seconds before Dire Call, cast and stack Spirit Shell as your Shadowfiend knocks the Direhorn Spawn halfway across the room.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by fixall; 2013-04-17 at 12:00 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mindbender pushed the pink add away... Till i lost the graphic link... But it's indeed an awesome way to manage it. Just keep it in focus so u don't Loose if the link break

Mindbender, but make sure you position yourself in the way so it knocks it back far far away. Then I have 2 macros, penance and shadow word pain.

Mindbender is by far the best for that, you don't have to think about purple Barney for 45 seconds after that. And penance pushes it back 3 times, so it's worth it. SW: Pain because you can cast it with it in your back is very useful too.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch