Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zelda returns to A Link to the Past

Not a direct sequel to "A Link to the Past" but The Legend of Zelda returns to the world of A Link to the Past:

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq.com
    A new top-down Zelda set in the "world" of A Link to the Past will be released in North America in Holiday 2013. While the perspective is the same, it uses the 3D effect of the 3DS to show depth in environments.

Link has a new ability that allows him to turn into paper and move against walls. This game will be out holiday 2013, and it's kind of nuts that it was announced just now, on some totally random Wednesday, instead of E3 or something.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/17/ne...k-to-the-past/

Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-04-17 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Turn into paper and move along walls?

God I hate where they're taking the Zelda franchise. Moving more and more away from the legends that were OoT / MM onto childish bollocks.

The gameboy games used to be awesome as well (LtTp, OoA, OoS etc). Now we get Minish Cap (shit) Phantom Lolglass (Shitter) and now this.

Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you.

Dear Nintendo,

MM 3DS plz

Love,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post

God I hate where they're taking the Zelda franchise. Moving more and more away from the legends that were OoT / MM onto childish bollocks.

The gameboy games used to be awesome as well (LtTp, OoA, OoS etc). Now we get Minish Cap (shit) Phantom Lolglass (Shitter) and now this.

Minish cap was amazing, you probably never played it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    Dear Nintendo,

MM 3DS plz

Love,
    Everyone
    Dear Everyone

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...e-retailer.htm

You're welcome

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Minish cap was amazing, you probably never played it.
    Excuse me?

I've played it. I completed it. I disliked it.

Problem?

Implying Zelda was ever super mature and super grim dark and edgy. You turned into a pink rabbit in ALttP. Pls

People like you are what makes me ashamed of the LoZ fanbase.

Could be okay I guess....Looks a little weird but its gotta be better than SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett;20854294[B
    ]Implying Zelda was ever super mature and super grim dark and edgy[/B]. You turned into a pink rabbit in ALttP. Pls

What is Majoras Mask
    What is Twilight Princess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Implying Zelda was ever super mature and super grim dark and edgy. You turned into a pink rabbit in ALttP. Pls

People like you are what are encouraging these mediocre Zelda games. If you think any of the modern generation have the right to even be mentioned in the same sentence then the newer games, then damn son, go play OoT/MM.

Ocarina of Time / Majoras Mask had a dark feeling. That ever sense of foreboding. I haven't played SS as I don't have a Wii anymore, but the art style is not to my liking. This is what I would like to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM
    Last edited by mmoc06ccea41fb; 2013-04-17 at 06:11 PM.

People like you are what are encouraging these mediocre Zelda games. If you think any of the modern generation have the right to even be mentioned in the same sentence then the newer games, then damn son, go play OoT/MM.

Ocarina of Time / Majoras Mask had a dark feeling. That ever sense of foreboding. I haven't played SS as I don't have a Wii anymore, but the art style is not to my liking. This is what I would like to see

The newer Zelda have a dark feeling as well, or did you completely miss those because of your nostalgia? Sure, not MM dark, but in their own right, it is still no where near just light hearted childishness. Even WW had some moments of darkness. However, just because OOT in particular had some dark stuff, doesn't mean the game didn't also always have some childish things as well.

That art style looks terrible. The more cartoony styles are much better because you get a better sense of atmosphere. You really want a cute colourful kid to pull through the hard ships he has to face. This link looks experienced, i dont even care if he succeeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Then you notes how good of a game paper Mario is.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

"Now" we get Minish Cap? Minish cap is like 10 years old or more - oh and it was awesome.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    That art style looks terrible. The more cartoony styles are much better because you get a better sense of atmosphere. You really want a cute colourful kid to pull through the hard ships he has to face. This link looks experienced, i dont even care if he succeeds.
    Nah I don't really want cut colourful link.

Adult link in OoT was awesome. Even young link on Majoras Mask had testicles the size of tennis balls.

That moment when you turn into Adult Link. Sheik is behind you and you pull out your sword and then turn around. Epic.

Nah I don't really want cut colourful link.

Adult link in OoT was awesome. Even young link on Majoras Mask had testicles the size of tennis balls.

That moment when you turn into Adult Link. Sheik is behind you and you pull out your sword and then turn around. Epic.

But, Windwaker link did everything they did. He was younger aswell.

He also KILLED Ganondorf. OOT Link couldnt do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Now" we get Minish Cap? Minish cap is like 10 years old or more - oh and it was awesome.
    Yeah I know. That's how long ago it's been since a decent Zelda came out (mm)

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 07:23 PM ----------

But, Windwaker link did everything they did. He was younger aswell.

He also KILLED Ganondorf. OOT Link couldnt do that.
    In terms of gameplay Wind Waker was OK. Still didn't like the pixel shading.

Yeah I know. That's how long ago it's been since a decent Zelda came out (mm)
    Twilight Princess came out in 2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    For me, I guess it's a case of first exposure imprinting. Legend of Zelda will always be an 8-bit, overhead, fixed screen scrolling adventure game. I know things evolve as they age, especially video games - but I could just never get into the Legend of Zelda games that don't keep faith in terms of the interface of the original... the side-scrolling, 3D, RPG, action, and other flavors of Legend of Zelda just don't seem like Zelda to me.

In other words, get off my lawn you hooligans... you whippersnappers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    i love how each LoZ looks and feels different (usually).. its one of the many reasons why i love the series.

the art style is brilliant and my favourite LoZ is link to the past / WW.. the atmosphere isnt achieved by the art style alone either.. thats just nonsense imo.

Deleted
    Mediocre and forgettable

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 07:28 PM ----------

Don't suppose your name is James is it?

Mediocre and forgettable
    But....its the type of game you wanted? You said you wanted a darker Zelda title and then when you get one you complain about it.

Minish Cap has a childish look, and you say the game was good....Perhaps you dont know what you actually want.