Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Entirely true, but unfortunate for Rift because their players I feel are dominantly composed of people like us. It's why I fee like they've goofed in a severe way, because not many people play a niche subscription game as a casual event. Those people are playing GW2 and the plethora of available F2P games now...otherwise they are playing WoW for a subscription because it is has a wider variety of accessibility and rewards for less time.

And that's really the problem. If people like us, who recognize a quality product, cba to keep paying for it because the value is plummeting...that's a really bad sign.

Whoa...didn't even know you could do this. I've always wanted to get into DnD because my dad played when he was in college and the army. I have some old school books from the 70's and 80s, but have no one to play with. I'm going to send you a brief PM to just give me a write up of the basic experience when you get a chance.
    Yep, you are able to do this. It's unfortunately the only way I can play as there are no physical groups where I am. I play in 2 and run 1 game of my own. I find it much more fun than mmorpgs anymore.

As for more ontopic: I got 30 free days + SL through raptr, and tried going through the SL content using a bit of Instant Adventure, and the first zone you enter the new stuff, doesn't have the best layout in the world. Had 15 minutes to do an objective, and it took me 10 of those minutes trying to get up to the area. And like Skippy88, there seems to be a huge lack of people outside of Silverwood/Freemarch, and even in the first zone of SL. I remember enjoying Instant Adventures last year, and always having a full raid group each time, sometimes having a second group going as well. Even in Silverwood/Freemarch, I was lucky to have more than 1 5-man group. And trying to go through the SL content, I was the only one doing instant adventure at level 50, and at one point 1 person had joined me. I saw no one in the first zone doing any kind of quests or doing any gathering or anything. I also remember every zone being active, as everyone was out in the world doing something (unlike in another game where everyone had hung out in the major city of each faction). But now, if I go outside Sanctum/Meridian, or Silverwood/Freemarch (haven't been in Tempest Bay, I think it is called), I see absolutely no one, and this makes me sad. Rift was an awesome game, and seemed full of life in every zone. I honestly think going f2p or b2p would boost the population in the level 20+ zones.

Rift has amazing content updates.

But only for the remaining pve playerbase. The problem with Rift is they didn't expect that players would leave for a game that has both PvE and PvP. they thought PvE would be enough.

Trion pulled a blizzard.

Let's not go down this road, it doesn't lead anywhere nice. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-06 at 04:15 AM.

Sorry to distract the thread slightly, but we are having an issue with PMs.

Kitty, did you see the last PM I sent you? I saw the one you sent me. If you did not, PM me your e-mail address.

If a mod sees this, Kitty is having a wierd issue not seeing my PMs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Sorry to distract the thread slightly, but we are having an issue with PMs.

Kitty, did you see the last PM I sent you? I saw the one you sent me. If you did not, PM me your e-mail address.

If a mod sees this, Kitty is having a wierd issue not seeing my PMs.
    All's well, we're seeing messages fine. I was probably having browser issues tbh. Has anyone heard any updates on a tentative release date for the patch? I burned through GW2 and then got a little bored so started playing NWO, which is surprisingly fun. Curious on a release and if I'll actually be able to play Rift before my sub (that has been wasted for the last 2 months + now) runs out.
    BAD WOLF

All's well, we're seeing messages fine. I was probably having browser issues tbh. Has anyone heard any updates on a tentative release date for the patch? I burned through GW2 and then got a little bored so started playing NWO, which is surprisingly fun. Curious on a release and if I'll actually be able to play Rift before my sub (that has been wasted for the last 2 months + now) runs out.
    If I had to guess. Late May or Mid June

Dendrome has not even hit the pts

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If I had to guess. Late May or Mid June

Dendrome has not even hit the pts
    This is what game abandonment feels like...like...this is really sad.
    BAD WOLF

This is what game abandonment feels like...like...this is really sad.
    I wouldn't call it game abandonment really. I think they are trying their best what's left of the Rift team. I think Trion has spread themselves too thin. The problems with end of nations didn't help either and I suspect that may have something to do with a lot of the layoffs in Rift. I was hoping 2.3 would be up on PTS by now but sadly I don't think we will see it for another couple weeks at least. Maybe cross our fingers we will see the event to open up the Dendrome on pts this week. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do think while we wait it would be nice of them to give out some more info. Even if its just bits and pieces. I mean don't give away everything, but it would be nice to know for instance what strongholds are all about. More pictures of concept art and screenshots would be cool as well, maybe some info about what the questline will be like. Will it be a nice long one or can we expect another Ashora/steppes *with all the extra time this has taken it better be the first lol* Just little bits and pieces of info would be nice to keep people interested and subscribed and would help those unsubscribed but still sitting on the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    I wouldn't call it game abandonment really. I think they are trying their best what's left of the Rift team. I think Trion has spread themselves too thin. The problems with end of nations didn't help either and I suspect that may have something to do with a lot of the layoffs in Rift. I was hoping 2.3 would be up on PTS by now but sadly I don't think we will see it for another couple weeks at least. Maybe cross our fingers we will see the event to open up the Dendrome on pts this week. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do think while we wait it would be nice of them to give out some more info. Even if its just bits and pieces. I mean don't give away everything, but it would be nice to know for instance what strongholds are all about. More pictures of concept art and screenshots would be cool as well, maybe some info about what the questline will be like. Will it be a nice long one or can we expect another Ashora/steppes *with all the extra time this has taken it better be the first lol* Just little bits and pieces of info would be nice to keep people interested and subscribed and would help those unsubscribed but still sitting on the fence.
    "I wouldn't call it game abandonment really."
    Yes, it is. Tell me one person who doesn't feel like they are pouring all resources into Defiance while we are funding it. While this may not be entirely true, it certainly feels this way. "Oh wow, we got hellbugs." - look guys this is what we're working on - Buy defiance while you continue to pay your Rift sub! No, thanks.

"I think they are trying their best"
    Well, it's not good enough. Sadly, no matter how you look at it... the problems Trion has are "not our problem". We pay for a service and we expect delivery of that service. Poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on ours.

A customer pays for a game with expectations based on past performance. They have failed to deliver on those expectations when some of us have already paid for that product in advance. This is how a company turns a loyal fan-base into a lynching mob.

While I feel for the families of the Rift developers, I don't feel too much for Trion at this point. My money is not a charity subsidy. I purchased a product and I expect a decent product with content. Trion are not a charity.

I know I will be called harsh with this viewpoint, but a company can't expect hand-outs without repercussions due to a customer-base feeling cheated from being treated poorly.

I refuse to invest in companies who's lack of planning cause me to waste money. This is why I won't touch another Trion product until they've corrected their mistakes. Tell me... what is the difference between them at this point and a Movie Licensed game that releases product with false expectations? Do we pity them? No, we feel ripped off. At least we a have a vague suspicion we're going to get f--ked when we buy one of these games and not have a relationship built up before it happens. Granted, Rift is more polished, but based on the type of game it is, we're not getting what we're used to.

Heck, I would even advise strongly against Defiance as how can you believe their assurances of new, free content and support in light of the shoddy Rift PR?

"I do think while we wait it would be nice of them to give out some more info."
    Yes, this would be nice and would have helped to temper my viewpoint regarding them at the moment. Their current PR department, as I've said before, appear to be a real bunch of amateurs. This is my biggest problem with them.

For the moment, I'm spending my limited time in Neverwinter and any other flavor of the month mmo that pops along. Sad, really. Wocky has found a new home on Dragon EU
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-07 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Tell me one person who doesn't feel like they are pouring all resources into Defiance while we are funding it.
    *Raises hand*

But that's because I don't know what the fuck they're doing with Defiance. It's so anemic in terms of content that I'm not sure what is actually going on over there.

Yeah, I don't feel "abandoned" though. I'm not happy with relative lack of content as of late, but I'll feel abandoned when they stop talking altogether and don't even bother to do anything like a livestream to show upcoming content. We haven't hit that point yet though, so I'm still still cool. (I'm always cool, but you know what I mean)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    *Raises hand*

But that's because I don't know what the fuck they're doing with Defiance. It's so anemic in terms of content that I'm not sure what is actually going on over there.
    Really? I thought they were pumping out updates, etc? Thought there was quite a bit of content. I enjoyed the beta, but that was only a few hours or so of story and I quickly noticed a similarity of quests, so if you're seeing a pattern in beta and that wasn't improved on, I can see why Angry Joe had such harsh words to say about the game. My experience as beta was "average game" as well.

My biggest issue with Rift is just the silence from PR. That generally gets to me. A rough ETA on the 2.3 patch would be nice. In that sense, I feel like the game is a bit abandoned. It's not like I don't have things to do when I log in - it's just that those things feel like grind.

I've been looking at several mmo's the last few weeks and Rift still ranks as one of the prettiest, most polished. Going to be really depressed if they screw it up by neglecting it. They also really need to cut down on grind.

I was under the impression that Rift was dead?

[Don't post just to troll, infracted]
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-05-07 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    Um...
    <_< >_>
    Yes, it's dead! It's not like we told you that so you wouldn't play it with us or something...
    This subforum is merely an illusion!
    Go back to sleep!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    Game is alive. PR department is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Game is alive. PR department is dead.
    That's their community team, not their PR department. Community team hasn't been as communicative as they have been in the past, and it's showing : /

That's their community team, not their PR department. Community team hasn't been as communicative as they have been in the past, and it's showing : /

Well I think its down to just Elrar now right? Didn't there used to be at least 3 of them or something? I could be wrong.. But yeah they need to hire more community people asap.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 10:27 PM ----------

*Raises hand*

Yeah, I don't feel "abandoned" though. I'm not happy with relative lack of content as of late, but I'll feel abandoned when they stop talking altogether and don't even bother to do anything like a livestream to show upcoming content. We haven't hit that point yet though, so I'm still still cool. (I'm always cool, but you know what I mean)

Yeah judging by the comments I hear about Defiance I too have my doubts they are really pulling that much resources from Rift into that. If they are it doesn't appear to be working lol. I also don't feel abandoned at all though I do feel there could/should be more communication. They would probably have to hire more community people for that though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    It was according to their PR team, "Come join our horde" & "We're not in Azeroth anymore"

OT : there's nothing wrong with F2P if they do it right, most of the games I'm playing currently are F2P.

Dota 2, PoE, Tribes Ascend and Smite.
    Also one of their adverts said something like "A rift opened up and swallowed the cataclysm"

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Also one of their adverts said something like "A rift opened up and swallowed the cataclysm"
    Again... I suspect that's this thing called "advertising".
    If it weren't this practice commercials would look like this.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    That's advertising.

Positioning a product as the "killer" of another competing product is a very specific thing. It's not simply taking a jab at the competition [which Trion has done].

See: New Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    blizzard and trion seemed to have switched positions :S blizzard is now releasing more content than ever and its the opposite for rift >.<
    QFT! Couldn't agree more.