View Poll Results: Which class is most likely to appear in WoW?

Voters
254. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

96 37.80%
  • Tinker

86 33.86%
  • Neither (explain)

72 28.35%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I also can't even conceptually come up with an idea how they could add a new tank spec at this point.

They already had to go deep into unique mechanics to make Brewmasters unique (replacing armor with the Stagger/Purify mechanic), but their active mitigation and general survivability ended up being largely a cross between Druid and DK as it is. The design space for tanks isn't huge to start with since tanks have a very specific set of needs that can't be easily diversified like DPS. I've yet to see anyone, anywhere, come up with a tank spec that would be functionally unique and add something new to the game.

There's also the problem with too many healing specs - we've reached the point where a even a 25 man can't bring 1 of every healing spec to most fights, and to a lesser extent, healing specs have the same problem as tanking ones - there's only so much space for mechanics to make health bars stay full.

I'd suspect that the next class added, if they add another, will be pure DPS - maybe a pure DPS spec that has both ranged and melee specs to mix things up, or as part of a package of class changes that add that "support" role they were talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    I also can't even conceptually come up with an idea how they could add a new tank spec at this point.
    More homogenization?

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    More homogenization?
    Ok, you got me there.

Add "without making them the same class with different flavor text" in there somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

They already had to go deep into unique mechanics to make Brewmasters unique (replacing armor with the Stagger/Purify mechanic), but their active mitigation and general survivability ended up being largely a cross between Druid and DK as it is. The design space for tanks isn't huge to start with since tanks have a very specific set of needs that can't be easily diversified like DPS. I've yet to see anyone, anywhere, come up with a tank spec that would be functionally unique and add something new to the game.

technology-based tanking. There's plenty you do with that.

There's also the possibility of ranged tanking ala SWTOR.

There's also the problem with too many healing specs - we've reached the point where a even a 25 man can't bring 1 of every healing spec to most fights, and to a lesser extent, healing specs have the same problem as tanking ones - there's only so much space for mechanics to make health bars stay full.

I'd suspect that the next class added, if they add another, will be pure DPS - maybe a pure DPS spec that has both ranged and melee specs to mix things up, or as part of a package of class changes that add that "support" role they were talking about.
    I really don't see Blizzard ever adding another pure DPS to the game. With shortages in healers and tanks, they'll probably just do another 3-way hybrid class.

Ok, you got me there.

Add "without making them the same class with different flavor text" in there somewhere.
    how about a mechanism where you take chunks of your own HP (like warlocks using life tap) and store that HP for some time, so you can get some serious self healing when you'll need it. for instance, tap while there's little damage, and than use it when there's heavy damage. no current tanks have that.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    technology-based tanking. There's plenty you do with that.

There's also the possibility of ranged tanking ala SWTOR.

I really don't see Blizzard ever adding another pure DPS to the game. With shortages in healers and tanks, they'll probably just do another 3-way hybrid class.
    So you really need to post these images in every thread? Anyways....Shield tanks are taken by warriors and Pallies. monks and druids got the dodge down. So only thing I could see it making it something like a blood dk but I dobut they would do that. As for SWTOR that's a Scfi game Wow is not

also what does Atlantica Online Concept Art have to do with WOW http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...ncept_art.html
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-10 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    So you really need to post these images in every thread? Anyways....Shield tanks are taken by warriors and Pallies. monks and druids got the dodge down. So only thing I could see it making it something like a blood dk but I dobut they would do that. As for SWTOR that's a Scfi game Wow is not
    Don't need any of the those mechanisms. A technology tank could use its armor as an extra source of HP and resilience. However, the armor has to be constantly repaired. That's done by Robotic units that you summon while you fight, and the robots also assist you in a variety of ways throughout the battle; Shielding you, repairing your armor, etc. As your tech armor weakens, the more damage you take. Healing done to you heals you, but it doesn't repair you, or your robotic pets.

Tanking becomes a balancing act of keeping your tech up and running, and maintaining your mechanical army of bots. You should also have a few CDs that could rapidly repair your armor, give you additional armor, or heal you in case of emergencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Don't need any of the those mechanisms. A technology tank could use its armor as an extra source of HP and resilience. However, the armor has to be constantly repaired. That's done by Robotic units that you summon while you fight, and the robots also assist you in a variety of ways throughout the battle. As your tech armor weakens, the more damage you take. Healing done to you heals you, but it doesn't repair you, or your robotic pets.

Tanking becomes a balancing act of keeping your tech up and running, and maintaining your mechanical army of bots. You should also have a few CDs that could rapidly repair your armor.

Lets open with the part you ignored

So you really need to post these images in every thread?
    also what does Atlantica Online Concept Art have to do with WOW http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...ncept_art.html

So like druids armor and hp based. resilience is a pvp stat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Lets open with the part you ignored

So like druids armor and hp based. resilience is a pvp stat
    I'm just using the concept art as a visual to what I'm talking about with the mechanical backpack tank.

Arns with Hands= Tanking, Guns= DPS, Nozzles and Hoses= Healing.

Not like Druids at all, because the additional armor provided by the Bear form can't get destroyed by consistent attacks. Also a significant portion of Druid tanking is dodging.

Also when I say resilience, I'm talking about withstanding blows in general.

Demon Hunters would fit lore (duh they are here), but I vote for neither - because this game is already impossible to balance, and 12th class would not help that ...

also Tinker would be extremely stupid ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-09-10 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

LEts see
    image 1 World of Warcraft Trading Card Game
    image 2 Dota 2
    image 3 MOBY FRANCKE

So 2 and 3 have anything to do with wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, you got me there.

Hey! Some of us live for flava text!

Demon hunter is the next WoW class.

I explain it in this thread here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ext-hero-class

Both would "fit" just fine in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Both would "fit" just fine in WoW.
    No doubt about it. Any of teh "heroes" from WC3 are automatically prime candidates. Nothing could be more fitting.

I don't expect to see either, but between the two I'd guess tinker due to the overlap issue with demon hunters, and think that tinkers would be an easier class to keep relevant in future expansions than say dks were or dhs would be outside of a demon expansion.

If the demon hunter is based on the WC3 version, it's not going to happen, period. There's way too much overlap with warlocks for it to be at all viable (okay, it's mostly due to Metamorphosis). If, however, there was another theme introduced for it that differed from the WC3 version (even going into something like the D3 version) then it might work, assuming they can make something that doesn't overlap with hunters if it's to use ranged weapons. The name would probably not hold up though since having both a demon hunter and plain vanilla hunter likely wouldn't work too well.

I'm not sure what to think of with regards to tinkers. Even with engineering as a profession, there is still a lot of possibilities using Blizzard's steampunk stuff in WoW. I'd expect tinkers to be capable with either ranged or melee weapons, depending on spec. They might also even tanking or healing options.

If Blizzard were to go for another hero class like the DK, however, then it might be the demon hunter in some fashion, if they do a similar thing like what happened with DKs but instead of the character becoming undead then freeing themselves from those shackles, the character falls under demonic sway and then escapes. That might be too cheesy and/or difficult to do, but it might work. Druids and shamans had quite a lot of nature and balance stuff, but Blizz was still able to pull stuff out for monks, so I imagine they could do something like that between warlocks and demon hunters.

However, I will not say whether either will be the next class because only Blizzard employees would be privy to that info. There is no way for us to predict what Blizzard is going to pull out of its hat, and even if we could it's a bit pointless because Blizz would still have plenty of time between announcing the new class and it going live to hammer out things to actually work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither (explain)

neither - pronoun
    1: not either <neither black nor white>
    2: also not <neither did I>

Although use with or is neither archaic nor wrong, neither is usually followed by nor. A few commentators think that neither must be limited in reference to two, but reference to more than two has been quite common since the 17th century <rigid enforcement of antique decorum will help neither language, literature, nor literati

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    The Tinker would be much more entertaining, though I don't know how it would fit thematically into an expansion.
    Somehow they made werewolves in top hats fit thematically into an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Tinkers, as a concept, have a lot going or them. I know a lot of engineers feel like their profession isn't really given the respect that it deserved. Having a whole class centred around technology...

Very cool.
    That's my reasoning anyways. It would just be flat out awesome. Nothing against demon hunters, but meh, they seem pretty much like any other class out there. Tinkers are so different.