Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    What's with all the hate for "The Oathbreaker"? I think I'd be an awesome title, I'd use it.

Smile

I don't really dig it, honestly.

It sounds bigger than what we're doing in 5.3, and I don't really like that kind of "confrontational" titles. They only cause bad feelings among people. Too specific.

If it were a PvP title and the Horde had an equivalent one, that would be okay. But now there will be ticked off people who will want compensation for that, and I'm sure if they ever get it, it will be a thorough stomping greater than whatever it is that the Alliance does in 5.3 :P

Oh well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    I don't really dig it, honestly.

It sounds bigger than what we're doing in 5.3, and I don't really like that kind of "confrontational" titles. They only cause bad feelings among people. Too specific.

If it were a PvP title and the Horde had an equivalent one, that would be okay. But now there will be ticked off people who will want compensation for that, and I'm sure if they ever get it, it will be a thorough stomping greater than whatever it is that the Alliance does in 5.3 :P

Oh well.
    Well, at least the Alliance fanboys will stop whining now.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    "We get the title for, what, piloting a robot cat? Seriously, that's our role in 5.3? Hordebreaker is going to have as much prestige as Kingslayer or Jenkins!!!"

See? Nothing can stop the whining! mwuhahaha!

"Hordebreaker", sounds too negative. I prefer peace between the Horde and Alliance, like Jaina...

We just need to get along..., after we've brutally murdered those sons of $#%^#s called Lo'Gosh and Garrosh of course! Muhuhaha~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But that's exactly what the Horde players are doing, so it fits.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 02:27 PM ----------

To serve the Warchief unquestionably.
    yeah I know that's what they're doing, but it still doesn't sound like something you would use as a title, breaking oaths isn't something you take lightly. Nobody would ever want to have to break an oath unless they absolutely had to, so having that title seems a little off to me, Idk, just my opinion is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So the Alliance get's "The Hordebreaker" as title in 5.3 Compared to that the Darkspear title seems pretty lame. How about the Alliance gets "The Hordbreaker and we as Horde get "The Oathbreaker"?
    The Hordebreaker? Why? WHY? Did they do anything to the horde like killing a lot of them or anything?
    The Alliance should probably get The Horde Bootlicker as a title.

Oathbreaker would be perfect for a Warlock toon:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/warlock

warlock [ˈwɔːˌlɒk]
    n
    1. (Spirituality, New Age, Astrology & Self-help / Alternative Belief Systems) a man who practises black magic; sorcerer
    2. (Spirituality, New Age, Astrology & Self-help / Alternative Belief Systems) a fortune-teller, conjuror, or magician
    [Old English wǣrloga oath breaker, from wǣr oath + -loga liar, from lēogan to lie1]

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind something like <Name>, the Kor'kron Slayer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    "We get the title for, what, piloting a robot cat? Seriously, that's our role in 5.3? Hordebreaker is going to have as much prestige as Kingslayer or Jenkins!!!"

See? Nothing can stop the whining! mwuhahaha!
    Ya, it's kind of silly. But hey at least it's a cool "I kill Horde! Muhahaha!" title. Just don't tell people how you got it. >.>

Deleted
    Because horde have never had things better than alliance? riiiiight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    Because horde have never had things better than alliance? riiiiight.
    I don't think that is what is being implied. You're simply drawing words out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The Hordebreaker? Why? WHY? Did they do anything to the horde like killing a lot of them or anything?
    The Alliance should probably get The Horde Bootlicker as a title.
    By supplying the rebellion with kor'kron supplies from the Barrens, they're allowing the civil war to continue, leading to more trolls and orcs killing eachother. Maybe horde breaker is a bit of an exaggeration, but the Alliance is benefiting by stoking up Vol'jin's war effort without losing anything in the process. Take from the kor'kron and give to the trolls to stoke the flames of the war and keep them killing one another to save Alliance lives once they land. The trolls will give the Alliance the opportunity to land at Orgrimmar's doorstep rather than having to wage a bloody ground war through the Barrens orAzshara to get there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    "Hordebreaker", sounds too negative. I prefer peace between the Horde and Alliance, like Jaina...

We just need to get along..., after we've brutally murdered those sons of $#%^#s called Lo'Gosh and Garrosh of course! Muhuhaha~
    Except Varian wants peace and Jaina if anything is more aggressive than Varian now. (Though she seems to have cooled off at the finale of 5.2's story. )

Feels like a candy bar to shut up some of the vocal whinority of the blue team for a moment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    i play horde main, but i love that alliance title! not too pleased with the horde one, hope they come up with something better than that for horde.

Deleted
    Both titles are lame to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Now, if only we could quench the Horde fanboys' whining... that would be perfect. But that one's a real beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Now, if only we could quench the Horde fanboys' whining... that would be perfect. But that one's a real beast.
    Have to admit I cackled aloud at that Well played!

OT: Loving the new title as an Alliance player, feels good /giggle

Kor'kron's Bane for alliance IMO.

Hordebreaker should DIAF, it's a silly title.

Peacebreaker would make a sweet PvP title though. Or Trucebreaker!
    Last edited by Maios; 2013-04-18 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    By supplying the rebellion with kor'kron supplies from the Barrens, they're allowing the civil war to continue, leading to more trolls and orcs killing eachother. Maybe horde breaker is a bit of an exaggeration, but the Alliance is benefiting by stoking up Vol'jin's war effort without losing anything in the process. Take from the kor'kron and give to the trolls to stoke the flames of the war and keep them killing one another to save Alliance lives once they land. The trolls will give the Alliance the opportunity to land at Orgrimmar's doorstep rather than having to wage a bloody ground war through the Barrens orAzshara to get there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 01:28 PM ----------

Except Varian wants peace and Jaina if anything is more aggressive than Varian now. (Though she seems to have cooled off at the finale of 5.2's story. )
    Considering what you said they should replace hordebreaker with <Name>, one who always keep trying. Or Cleanhands <Name>.