Poll: What is the Sexiest Race?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Night elves for the win, they look wild and elegant at the same time. I really hope, the new models will look like Tyrande and Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    sure, more options are always good. i very much doubt they'll end up looking like that artwork though, since many wouldn't like their cutesy-face girls to look more "exotic" or "alien".
    i personally would prefer something in between.

i also think we'll see them next expansion, although draenei and blood elves might actually not make it, since they are already considered better looking (from a technical pov) than the vanilla ones.

unlikely we'll see worgen, goblins or even pandaren any time soon

They said they'd do all models aside from Cataclysm ones, and of course Pandaren ones. And if the Burning Legion is the theme of the next expac, it'd be really silly if the race it will likely be most based on/focused on (draenei) look worst in terms of model.

Also, why not with such a face? All we have now are cutesy-ish faces because they are directly copied from the blood elves. They can still keep cutesy faces in the new model, but faces like those in the art can also be added. Why would an exotic, alien race need only cute faces in their arsenal of face options? Not that I think that the face in the art is ugly. Better looking than the current draenei, in an exotic way - even.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    They said they'd do all models aside from Cataclysm ones, and of course Pandaren ones.
    ah, neat.
    And if the Burning Legion is the theme of the next expac, it'd be really silly if the race it will likely be most based on/focused on (draenei) look worst in terms of model.
    draenei sure are in need of some attention/love from blizzard in general..
    Also, why not with such a face? All we have now are cutesy-ish faces because they are directly copied from the blood elves. They can still keep cutesy faces in the new model, but faces like those in the art can also be added. Why would an exotic, alien race need only cute faces in their arsenal of face options? Not that I think that the face in the art is ugly. Better looking than the current draenei, in an exotic way - even.
    as i said, more options are of course always good. i merely meant that actually converting and changing the ones people use now to something rather different would not be well received by many draenei players.
    blizzard already stated that that is a big concern of theirs regarding the model revamp in general, so chances are they'll keep the changes as small as possible with better tech, rather than giving models/faces a new overall design in addition to that.

ah, neat.

as i said, more options are of course always good. i merely meant that actually converting and changing the ones people use now to something rather different would not be well received by many draenei players.
    blizzard already stated that that is a big concern of theirs regarding the model revamp in general, so chances are they'll keep the changes as small as possible with better tech, rather than giving models/faces a new overall design in addition to that.
    Well, yeah, but we have no idea of knowing what they mean with that. After all, we're still not sure if the player updates will make the orc male character stand up or if orcs will forever remain hunched.

It's an update from the ground up, by the way. They've stated that they are going to start from scratch. So it's gonna be a complete overhaul, not just a skin/texture/model update.

Secondly, Ghostcrawler has said that it's pretty likely that there'll be the option to choose the old models, so that would take care of most of the complaints anyway. Don't like the new model? Doesn't seem true enough to your old character? Keep the old model, so we can do with the characters what we want.

Deleted
    Undead females with no maggot holes

ah, neat.

Yeah, problem is that they have been making the new models ever since Cata started and they are still on the Dwarves and Orcs. I fear that once they finish up the Draenei and the Blood Elves - since it's obvious they are going to be last - it will be the Pandaren that will be in need of a model update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a while since I used this, but here you go boys and girls, wow's official studoff contest poster.

Dwarves won the contest btw.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Well, yeah, but we have no idea of knowing what they mean with that. After all, we're still not sure if the player updates will make the orc male character stand up or if orcs will forever remain hunched.
    hmm, true.
    It's an update from the ground up, by the way. They've stated that they are going to start from scratch. So it's gonna be a complete overhaul, not just a skin/texture/model update.
    well yeah, that's what i meant.
    Secondly, Ghostcrawler has said that it's pretty likely that there'll be the option to choose the old models, so that would take care of most of the complaints anyway. Don't like the new model? Doesn't seem true enough to your old character? Keep the old model, so we can do with the characters what we want.
    oh okay, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yeah, problem is that they have been making the new models ever since Cata started and they are still on the Dwarves and Orcs. I fear that once they finish up the Draenei and the Blood Elves - since it's obvious they are going to be last - it will be the Pandaren that will be in need of a model update.
    i was mainly hinting at lore, actually. draenei didn't have any major role in anything since bc.
    blood elves were the strong focus of the last bc tier, had some important development around ToC in wotlk, and i guess to some extend now with sunreavers.

meanwhile on azuremyst isle, draenei are still trying to build makeshift huts out of smoking spaceship parts >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Actually, was it ever stated that they started in Cata? I'm not sure. I think they actually started in MoP, and we've only heard of them doing humans, dwarves and orcs so far. Doesn't necessarily mean they are stuck on them; just that they haven't updated yet. In fact, they've never actively admitted they are working on any player model at a given time. All we know is that it was implied dwarves were done because 1) GC said they look "sexy", and 2) because dwarves were the first to be worked on and they said they were on orcs around.. halfway towards 5.1 it was, I think?

I'm not concerned about the when/if, but rather, what they're trying to achieve, especially with draenei. I hope they're brave enough to try and do something new with draenei: long tail with realistic flowing and arching motions at various segments of the tail (not literally seen as segmented, ofc.)

I'm scared the potential player backlash that they think might happen if they change certain models too much will keep the models from actually looking like a worthwhile upgrade. I'm fairly sure draenei faces will never look as they did, as that'd mean they'd have to copy blood elf faces again, and that was a time-constraint mistake the first time around. Like I said, I hope they're courageous enough to reinvent the models so much that they're fun to play again, but not so much that they become identifiable. The picture linked above is a good example for draenei.

Right now, for a species that is infamous for having a similar cousin-species (due to corruption), the man'ari, they look way too human. Of course there are traits that the corruption gave them, such as long, claw-like nails and fel green eyes, but I wouldn't believe that it's all that unrealistic for draenei to look like the art I linked before. I dunno what it is, but personally, draenei currently lack this exotic vibe and rather feel like blue humans with some pasted on alien traits rather than like actual aliens.

TL;DR: I hope Blizzard is brave enough to take the step to change some races to make them look as they should rather than stick to the original player models in fear that there'll be people who will no longer be able to identify with their characters. If that's the case, you might as well get it over with and only do some minor polygon work and texture updates, because the major model and skeleton work will more or less be redundant.

DON'T GET ME WRONG.I don't want your characters to be ruined forever, but I also want them to evolve the characters. What use is there in making a new skeleton, new model and completely new skins/textures if all it's gonna be is a higher ress version of the exact same base concept? What I'm saying is, currently we have only "beautiful" faces that almost look identical. Why not cut the quantity of the beautiful faces in half when remaking the draenei, and put different, more exotic faces like above in for the other half? Maybe even one scarred face.
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2013-04-21 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Draenei /waggle

Deleted
    Lots of new race models are ingame allready as some sort of previews. Blizzard just tests the player's reaction to them. Vol'Jin is such an example. There is a female troll boss in the ToT councill fight that is also a preview of that.
    Thrall is pretty much a preview of the orc model, hopefully, they wouldnt do a set of animations JUST for him.
    Jaina could also be considered such a remodel.

meanwhile on azuremyst isle, draenei are still trying to build makeshift huts out of smoking spaceship parts >_<
    the reason they are taking so long to finish their makeshift huts is because they are smoking too many spaceship parts
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the reason they are taking so long to finish their makeshift huts is because they are smoking too many spaceship parts
    Wasn't there something in the velen short story about how the exodar was finished and repaired storywise, meaning the draenei were able to leave azeroth if and as they please, and were almost prepared to with the coming threat of deathwing. But velen as a change of heart and decided to stay and make azeroth there draeneis now home.

you know, I love the draenei, but dang, they sure run away a lot after leaving a trail.
    #boycottchina

I will remain straight as long as Draenei aren't real. You just can't resist that /waggle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    I will remain straight as long as Draenei aren't real. You just can't resist that /waggle!
    I always wonder about those rings both sexes have. Are they actual rings they put on or something thats part of the tentacles
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wasn't there something in the velen short story about how the exodar was finished and repaired storywise, meaning the draenei were able to leave azeroth if and as they please, and were almost prepared to with the coming threat of deathwing. But velen as a change of heart and decided to stay and make azeroth there draeneis now home.

you know, I love the draenei, but dang, they sure run away a lot after leaving a trail.

Yeah, that was kind of an asshat move, or well, it would've been if they really left. :/

But yes, lorewise, Exodar has been repaired, even if it's still in shambles in-games.

As for the rings, it's decoration, I'd say. On the player models, they're supposed to look golden, but the textures look so dull, and there's almost no shape in the ring, so it makes the "rings" seem like a used band-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    ship beeing repaired doesn't mean they gonna leave. Velen (and other draenei in the quests, if i remember correctly) made very clear that azeroth is the world they will make their last stand on, no more running, right after joining the alliance in tbc.

and yes, the rings are jewelry of sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking both genders? Blood Elves.

Just one gender? Draenei Females.

10+ Year Old Account
    ship beeing repaired doesn't mean they gonna leave. Velen (and other draenei in the quests, if i remember correctly) made very clear that azeroth is the world they will make their last stand on, no more running, right after joining the alliance in tbc.

and yes, the rings are jewelry of sorts.
    No but again in the velen short there was a debate with velen on leaving azeroth, so he was prepared to do it. Some visions he has later on and he changes his mind. She.. he WAS, but.. yeah, now he isn't.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No but again in the velen short there was a debate with velen on leaving azeroth, so he was prepared to do it. Some visions he has later on and he changes his mind. She.. he WAS, but.. yeah, now he isn't.
    psh, sounds completely untypical for Velen. retracting promises and abandoning allies i mean, not the running away part