Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hey its just fully canon alliance lore that describes him as unbearable. I just believe that even demons have some standards. And i doubt they have other showers than lawa ones so it would be hard for them to wash up.
    Unbearable? Because of what? That silly optional dialogue everybody is needlessly upset about?
    He has a very reason to distrust Alliance, since Dealin Proudmore was following Darkspears since they left Stranglethron Vale, He sent his fleet on Echo Isles, to give them extra traumatic experiences. Darkspears were the most humble and intelligent among tribes, and Alliance soldiers were hunting after them for the sake of hunting them becuase they're "Evil trolls".

And later they still had some troubles with Kul'Tiras who stationated on Durotar. He had very bad experiences with Alliance, and he has much more reson to keep them at bay. The question was:
    - why should he outright tell Alliance soldier in what deep trouble and stress he is?
    - why would he be nice, if so far they had been fighting for so long.
    All he did was being straight with them, there was no room to be extra polite.

And really Vol'Jin did a favour to Alliance by telling them about the Zandalari uprising. He is much more fair than Garrosh and Sylvanas. And yet people get to this ridiculous statement that he is far worse than those two becuase he acted mean. Big shock- he is a troll after all. They're meant to be sarcastic, distrustful and foul at some point.
    I disliked Vol'Jin for not siding with Zandalari, beceause as a huge fan I wanted to see at least one Empire to get restored, and brought back to it's former glory, msot troll players wished this to happen, wished to see all tribes united, and yet we're forced to fight them.
    but as Horde leader he is at the moment the most balanced among the rest of the leaders (Baine is too peaceful imo, and i'd be afriad that we would have Thrall 2.0)
    He distrust and yet respect the enemy, to the point he can see thier purpose.

So again? Why is he "unbearable" while Garrosh and Sylvanas did much more harm to the Aliance, and are open threat to them?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    It seems really silly that the demons would use Vol'jin to bring all the Horde together (and ally them with the Alliance) to remove the warmonger Garrosh if their ultimate goal was to cause as much conflict as possible.

They could just leave Garrosh go and the Horde would fall apart as he kept redefining what makes a race "legitimate" Horde, and the whole time he'd be fighting the Alliance "just cuz".
    The fact that a ex-demon controlled war loving race, controlling many aspects of old demon Azeroth invasion plans plus new ones (forsaken, Sun-well, Heart of Yssarrrjjjjjjjjjhghg + Titan compounds etc etc). A planet that has defeated you more than any other planet EVER. The Demons aren't just going to walk onto Azeroth in any number. It's gotta be from within an existing powerbase almost like we let them in.

@Ramz
    I'm pretty sure they're just operating on the stupid notion that demons have the same standards of beauty as they do and would allow that to dictate who they possess and manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    trolls have black humour....
    I take offense to that

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Um, I'm Horde. I just don't like the idea of a future Horde leader condoning the use of raising undead enemies to wage war. Plus the the Dreadlords are known to try and destabilize a planet before the BL moves in. I'm not saying I care either way, just looking at the way the story could unfold.
    If they want to destabilize the planet, Vol'Jin is not the target, considering he is uniting with the Alliance and likley will come to peace terms with them, not sowing more discord and chaos and war.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I take offense to that
    Good for you. No one cares!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    If a Dredlord is posessing anybody at the moment it'll be Garrosh, by all appearances he's trying to recreate the old horde and shows equal contempt for all 'lesser' races even those of the Horde.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the guy wasn't altogether himself when we met him in Outland all those years ago.
    It would be an interesting prelude into the next expansion !

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that this is not the first time that Vol'jin has asked the alliance for help. He also did so in Cataclysm. Seems like a move Thrall would have made (asking adversaries to aid against a common adversary). Vol'jin has but nothing if not patient, and considering.... Considering what the horde would do with or without Garrosh. His "posturing to the alliance regarding the use of corpses was likely tied to a quiet part of this story where he had pleaded for aid, and was previously denied (alliance races, and even Jaina, while keen to prevent all out chaos, do believe that internal affairs should remain internal, even if it involves overthrowing leadership I assume).

My concern is not the way Vol'jin will act, my concern is how the other trolls will act once the war starts. As has been said before, they are a VERY sadistic, cruel breed of troll by nature. You can't just talk that kind of shit out of people. Maybe this is their foot in the door for sub-plot of next expansion? Seems a bit early, but it could work if they lead into it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Unbearable? Because of what? That silly optional dialogue everybody is needlessly upset about?
    He has a very reason to distrust Alliance, since Dealin Proudmore was following Darkspears since they left Stranglethron Vale, He sent his fleet on Echo Isles, to give them extra traumatic experiences. Darkspears were the most humble and intelligent among tribes, and Alliance soldiers were hunting after them for the sake of hunting them becuase they're "Evil trolls".

And later they still had some troubles with Kul'Tiras who stationated on Durotar. He had very bad experiences with Alliance, and he has much more reson to keep them at bay. The question was:
    - why should he outright tell Alliance soldier in what deep trouble and stress he is?
    - why would he be nice, if so far they had been fighting for so long.
    All he did was being straight with them, there was no room to be extra polite.

And really Vol'Jin did a favour to Alliance by telling them about the Zandalari uprising. He is much more fair than Garrosh and Sylvanas. And yet people get to this ridiculous statement that he is far worse than those two becuase he acted mean. Big shock- he is a troll after all. They're meant to be sarcastic, distrustful and foul at some point.
    I disliked Vol'Jin for not siding with Zandalari, beceause as a huge fan I wanted to see at least one Empire to get restored, and brought back to it's former glory, msot troll players wished this to happen, wished to see all tribes united, and yet we're forced to fight them.
    but as Horde leader he is at the moment the most balanced among the rest of the leaders (Baine is too peaceful imo, and i'd be afriad that we would have Thrall 2.0)
    He distrust and yet respect the enemy, to the point he can see thier purpose.

So again? Why is he "unbearable" while Garrosh and Sylvanas did much more harm to the Aliance, and are open threat to them?
    I was refering to him almost killing alliance player with his breath. Aparently voodoo doesnt involve toothpaste recipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    If they want to destabilize the planet, Vol'Jin is not the target, considering he is uniting with the Alliance and likley will come to peace terms with them, not sowing more discord and chaos and war.
    It's working so far is it not?

Without Vol'Jin and his uprising, Garrosh is pretty much unchecked, bar the lovey-dovey sunwalkers who are blinded by the "light".

On a side note, I'm also not against Jaina being Demon corrupted by her near death Theramore incident. I guess my biggest argument is Garrosh being a big bad controlled by some higher power, I just want him to be a nuts leader. The big bad (If a BL themed pack is next should be some shadowy dreadlord pulling strings to destablize a power on Azeroth and bring about full on arcane warfare).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    No lol. It is sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Vol'jin that's driving the war, it's the actions of Garrosh. Almost every Horde leader is opposed to Garrosh too, so unless they're all secretly Nazrethim, then Vol'jin being a Dreadlord would be a pretty useless twist - the war would happen anyway.

Besides, Blizzard would probably never get away with using the Nazrethim twist on a such a prominent character unless it was heavily hinted at and foreshadowed, to ensure that players wouldn't claim it came out of nowhere (and was therefore awful writing), which basically defeats the whole flawless deception deal (and would result in inconsistent writing).

Deleted
    Thoughts?
    Well, it would be an incredibly awesome twist if Garrosh somehow turned out to be the misunderstood good guy and a possessed Vol'jin is the true evil plotter that sought to sow chaos in the Horde to weaken them as the Legion arrives.

Yeah, nobody would see it coming. Don't see it happening though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    It's not Vol'jin that's driving the war
    Vol'jin commited insubordination and started the civil war. Vol'jin has an issue with authority, while Garrosh doesn't have an problem punishing his unfaithful subjects.

There's two sides to this coin, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Vol'jin commited insubordination and started the civil war. Vol'jin has an issue with authority, while Garrosh doesn't have an problem punishing his unfaithful subjects.

There's two sides to this coin, not one.
    Vol'jin has no issues with authority, just blood-thirsty tyrants.

He was replying sarcastically, I'm not sure why people can't wrap thier heads around that concept. The alliance player asks why they should even help him, and he retaliates with a smart remark, nothing earth shattering here.

It's working so far is it not?

Without Vol'Jin and his uprising, Garrosh is pretty much unchecked, bar the lovey-dovey sunwalkers who are blinded by the "light".

On a side note, I'm also not against Jaina being Demon corrupted by her near death Theramore incident. I guess my biggest argument is Garrosh being a big bad controlled by some higher power, I just want him to be a nuts leader. The big bad (If a BL themed pack is next should be some shadowy dreadlord pulling strings to destablize a power on Azeroth and bring about full on arcane warfare).
    Um... unchecked? I guess the Alliance don't count for anything. It seems to me like you're just scoping in on the Horde, and forgetting the rest of Azeroth. If the Alliance and Horde weren't at war, and if the revolution didn't have any valid complaints against Garrosh, you could be on to something. But the Horde revolution is just a smaller part to the bigger war picture. After Garrosh is gone, the war will not escalate, it could even end altogether.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    I actually Malokork (sp, lols) is more likely to be demon possessed.
    I'm guessing Malkorok is not demon-possessed, but actually a demon. I would have guessed "black dragon" but we're kind of low on those. Demon's the next best bet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Vol'jin has no issues with authority, just blood-thirsty tyrants.
    Exactly. He never showed any issue following Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm guessing Malkorok is not demon-possessed, but actually a demon. I would have guessed "black dragon" but we're kind of low on those. Demon's the next best bet.
    My thoughts exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    It's not Vol'jin that's driving the war, it's the actions of Garrosh. Almost every Horde leader is opposed to Garrosh too, so unless they're all secretly Nazrethim, then Vol'jin being a Dreadlord would be a pretty useless twist - the war would happen anyway.

Besides, Blizzard would probably never get away with using the Nazrethim twist on a such a prominent character unless it was heavily hinted at and foreshadowed, to ensure that players wouldn't claim it came out of nowhere (and was therefore awful writing), which basically defeats the whole flawless deception deal (and would result in inconsistent writing).
    I'm not saying they don't have reasons against him, I'm more worried about Vol'Jin and his seemingly blasé use of the undead warmachine. Something a Demon would have no quarms using. It would be a pretty big stretch knowing the Blizz creatives to make such a twist but if they want to tie in a big bad to the next patch. It should start from a lore character. I went with Vol'Jin because of the latest news. It could easily be Jaina. Her near death experience could have allowed Demonic corruption and she is now working to allow full blown Horde vs Alliance conflict erupt because Sargeas wants a beacon to locate Azeroth.

It may be far stretched as a story currently but I would like to believe a leader as bad as Garrosh is just a nut job Orc. Not corrupted, Or at the best using his Sha corruption as a weapon to halt the legion. Maybe Blizz doesn't havent the creativity for it. Hence a public forum for ideas and opinions to flow with discussion not MY OPINION IS THE RIGHT ONE SO BOW DOWN TO MY LORE NERDERY