Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I want the game to change in certain aspects, yes. That is what feedback is for. If no one ever did that, we would have the same game now that we had in Vanilla.
    Not really. Whining about pvp on a pvp server isn't feedback. Whats OBVIOUS feedback? Enough people play on pvp servers and enjoy them for Blizzard to keep them as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the point is to get people from your faction to fight them. The whole dynamic world pvp thing like what used to happen at Crossroads and South Shore.

And I enjoy constantly looking over my shoulder as well, but only if "looking over my shoulder" can do something to help me. That is not the case when there are higher level characters one-shotting me. This is only the case when I'm dealing with players in my level range.
    Of course it's possible, depending on the class and level. Sure, you might not get away from some L90 Warrior on low level Shammy as easy as a Rogue, but you always have other options, as other people have mentioned.

...People play on a PvP server to do compelling world PvP,...
    lemme fix it for you:

...People play on a PvP server to gank other players at whatever level and call it world PvP,...

Running around flagged on a PvE server doesn't allow me to kill all other players that are in my level range. I don't want to be unable to attack them, and I don't want them to be unable to attack me. I'm merely talking about players where the level difference is so big that no real fight could come of it anyway.
    If only we had some system where players could be placed into a hostile environment with level appropriate pvp adversaries. To ensure no higher levels get involved we could prevent them entering it. For convenience we could even put in a way to queue for it! That way we can wander around the world safe from high level insta-death untill such time as these appropriate opponents are about and then we can enjoy a short skirmish with them! It will be us who control our own destinies and not some random high level player with time to kill! Yes, friends, we can have our cake and eat it! This system will ensure that you dictate whether or not you want a fair fight. Away with all the PvP servers and let us impl-

Wait, battlegrounds you say? And Arenas? They have been busy, I guess blizzard beat me to it.

Fair PvP already exists apparently. It seems the purpose of the PvP server is for unfair PvP. I knew there was a reason I didn't play on them. What you want is what this game is not, was or will be.
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    lemme fix it for you:

...People play on a PvP server to gank other players at whatever level and call it world PvP,...
    What of it? QQ more nothing wrong with it.

I know that Level difference is a huge deal, but level difference is not the only advantage one side can have over the other. Why not make it impossible to attack if there's more of your faction within an X yard radius than the enemy? Or if your equipped gear level is Y item level points higher? Or if your pvp ratings are Z points higher than your target?

World PvP isn't about a fair fight and Blizz has made it clear they embrace this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I know that Level difference is a huge deal, but level difference is not the only advantage one side can have over the other. Why not make it impossible to attack if there's more of your faction within an X yard radius than the enemy? Or if your equipped gear level is Y item level points higher? Or if your pvp ratings are Z points higher than your target?

World PvP isn't about a fair fight and Blizz has made it clear they embrace this idea.
    I forgot I made a thread about this huh? I'll put this here again cause It's funny

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.

Looks like blizzard even beat me to dismissing the OP's POV. I'm really on the ball today... /sigh

Deleted
    I agree, to an extent.

I realise this isn't a popular opinion on MMO champion but I will put it out there anyway. I like PvP servers, I really do, and when it works well, it's great, I love encountering other players my level, and maybe even 10 - 20 levels higher than me, and skirmishing with them as I do my questing, that to me is very fun and I wouldn't want to move to PvE realm where that wasn't possible. I also like having to have that "Look over my shoulder feel" sometimes it's really cool.

But there does come a point, IMO, where it goes past that, sometimes people can just plain harrass you, and being killed over and over again to the point where escape is nigh impossible is not fun at all, especially when said ganker is one shotting you with no hope of surviving even an auto attack from them.

I don't really know what sort of path could be taken to stop situations like that. I find it strange that people will just say "thats how pvp realms are deal with it". Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it can't/shouldn't be changed, it seems like a pretty narrow argument to me.

As it stands though, I feel like nowhere near enough people are being adequately harrassed for blizzard to deem it necesary to change at the moment, I know I myself have been ganked on occassion for up to 2 hours, and at the time, it sucks, it really does and I find myself wondering what could be done to stop it. But really, those times were so rare that I just don't think about it that often.

I think this would be something far more people would have a problem with if more players were ganking, but at least in my experience, coming across someone that really impacts your enjoyment of the game is too rare for blizzard to concern themselves with, so no change will happen.

Just my 2 pence. :P

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    What of it? QQ more nothing wrong with it.
    did i QQ? did i say it was wrong? i was simply helping the OP to realize that his idealistic, organized, compelling "world pvp" doesn't exist.

Sometimes, things don't always have to have a positive outcome. Everything doesn't need to be as convenient for everybody as possible. Sometimes, bad things happen, and you have to cope with those things. This is one of those things.

Everything that upsets you doesn't need to be changed. Sometimes, you just need to get the fuck over it and quit taking it so seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    did i QQ? did i say it was wrong? i was simply helping the OP to realize that his idealistic, organized, compelling "world pvp" doesn't exist.
    Oh well carry on I apologize as I was saying blizzard even agreed there's nothing wrong with it as I've previously posted to the OP ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Of course it's possible, depending on the class and level. Sure, you might not get away from some L90 Warrior on low level Shammy as easy as a Rogue, but you always have other options, as other people have mentioned.
    No it's not possible. Killing a level 90 player when you're level 30 or 40 or 50 is not possible.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Oh well carry on I apologize as I was saying blizzard even agreed there's nothing wrong with it as I've previously posted to the OP ~
    That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Blizzard is not all knowing and all wise. They have their opinion (or more precisely that one blue poster) and I have mine. Blizzard is not infallible.

No it's not possible. Killing a level 90 player when you're level 30 or 40 or 50 is not possible.
    With a single track mindset, you're right. But you have MANY more options other than just running back to your body and rezzing over and over.... Switch toons, switch, server types, switch games. You are trying to take mechanic away from the game that more people are okay with than have a problem with.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 10:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:33 AM ----------

That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Blizzard is not all knowing and all wise. They have their opinion (or more precisely that one blue poster) and I have mine. Blizzard is not infallible.
    Blizzard can make the game how they see fit. You can change games as you see fit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    With a single track mindset, you're right. But you have MANY more options other than just running back to your body and rezzing over and over.... Switch toons, switch, server types, switch games. You are trying to take mechanic away from the game that more people are okay with than have a problem with.
    Where are the statistics on that? I have never met anyone that enjoys getting ganked, quite the opposite. Nobody turns PvP on when on a level 5 character in Elwynn to give level 90 players the chance to attack them.

Everyone wins! Or wait... I guess since Blizzard makes the server rules they win. You can see their stance on things and they're happy with it so I guess you can either go with it or...uh... leave pvp servers?

Where are the statistics on that? I have never met anyone that enjoys getting ganked, quite the opposite. Nobody turns PvP on when on a level 5 character in Elwynn to give level 90 players the chance to attack them.
    Being fine with the way the game works is not the same as enjoying being ganked. Not even close. When I get ganked, I either switch to my 90 and "real" world pvp ensues, or switch toons and craft, or maybe go workout.

You are complaining about something stupid, about gettin wet while on the beach. Don't like water? Get off the shore. You have MANY options, but those aren't good enough for you. You just want the game to bend to how YOU and only YOU want, for YOUR convenience. I don't have an orgasm when I get ganked, but shit.... I chose to be on a PVP server because I wanted random acts of fighting. I don't gank. I love being ganked and starting a war in zones.

AGAIN, you have many options, choose one that doesn't include whining about pvp on a pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know why is exists, because blizzard is living in this fantasy dream-WoW where everything is like it was during Vanilla-BC where lowbies could defend themselves against higher leveled players

as we all know (deep down inside), lvling is already a painful grind and being ganked by scum (mostly from a different server) just makes it even more painful and arduous

in short, its outdated and only used by bad pvpers who need to restoke their e-Peen after getting their ass handed to them by a similar lvl player

EDIT: "Wars" dont happen anymore, they're a thing of the past, you can never get to exact retribution because gankers just fly away to a different zone only to be replaced by another idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I never said killing. As mentioned in my previous two posts, you learn to avoid and escape.