Deleted

Fire mage in rbg

Hey guys, been playing rbgs lately as a fire mage, which is my favourite spec.

I'd say that I'm geared (like 488 ilevel) but can't top damages (between 500k or 800k) in rbg's and I'm so mad about it.

Do any one of you know any guide or have any advices to increase my deal ?
    I've read a lot of things from Hansol, watched videos about gear stats, but it seems like something's in my gameplay is missing and I don't know what...

If there's any experienced pvp mage to share few tips it would be very nice, thanks a lot.

Not sure if trolling, but what the hell...

Worrying about damage done in a BG is like fretting over your gas mileage at the end of a long road trip. Did you contribute to the team, and did you team win? Yes or no?

Fire's damage comes from big crits, and if you're in PVP, you're not going to have much time to stand still and spam Fireballs at people. Living Bomb and Scorch are going to be a majority of your damage done: a DOT and a wimpy nuke. And as always with Fire - if you're not critting, you're not doing any good damage.

My advice: stop worrying so much about big numbers. Help your team as best you can, and you'll be infinitely more valuable than some tard mage who did millions of damage but failed to silence a healer, sheep a rogue on your own healer, or Ring of Frost a hallways as an enemy group was approaching.

Deleted
    That's definitely my thoughts on the things actually and absolutely not a troll.

Sadly (eu player), most of the teams I've played with were blaming me for the low deal I produced.

On the other hand, I'm the only one to cc healers, slowing enemies teams on backup or kill fc in defense...

Tonight we played a 1k9 team (I'm playing with random teams between 1k6 and 1k7 via Oqueue) and we lost most of the team fights.

As we played cleverly, we draw, mostly I think thanks to many cc's...

So I'm very happy to see someo e telling me that´s much more a matter of control than dps...

Thanks !

Well good damage is important in PVP, but mindlessly tunneling on your DPS while ignoring utility is a sure way to lose. Keep playing your best and ignore the idiots who only look at big numbers.

Deleted
    Keep saying this.

Position-cc-focus damage-aoe damage

In that order.

Know your position, dont over extend, stay at max range to not be vurneble for ccs

Try to have 100% uptime on your sheep, and be sure to use counterspell at the right time, the more you disable opponents team the easyer your team get. Be sure to silence+sheep a healer right before a new target is called. And be ready to re sheep in middle of your burst.

Kill whats called out.

Keep aoe up to pressuare the opponents teams healers, make them use trinkets and dispells.

If you end the game with 400k damage but you won im sure you contributed alot to your victory. Some classes are just meant to do alot of damage, talking about those classes that add alot of aoe.

I always keep talking about 100% uptime of everyones cc. I mean a balance druid, mage and a warlock can disable 30% of a team if they rotate there cc around the opposite team. Thats 50% of the dps in a normal setup (1tank 3 healers 6dps) or 100% of thr opponents healers. And thats only with poly, fear, clone. Add a timed aoe grip, frost nova and vortex+beam..

Its not about how much damage, more about when you do damage.

Best regards

Deleted
    Well, that's what I'm doing and I'm pretty happy to see that I'm pretty right in my gameplay.

You don't even know how much lamers you can find in Oqueue groups...