Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Mouse, keyboard and headset.

This is what I have found so far cause I know I want the laptop feel buttons, very thin etc.
    http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathSta.../dp/B009SJR28W

Please give suggestions to mouse and headset if you know any good for more games then mmo-games

What's your budget?

Deleted
    250-300 euro for mouse and headset combined, maybe more if its needed!

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 02:52 PM ----------

Anyone got any suggestions??
    Last edited by mmoce137f26f8d; 2013-04-19 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have this setup, cost me around 250ish when they first came out in total, of course you can find them cheaper. I bought mine at a popular electronic goods chain.

Razer anansi keyboard (I switch from time to time due to the double usb port taking up room in my computer, will probably just unplub the backlit portion so i can use pure razer accessories in my setup and not use a regular keyboard when i use my headset)

Razer 2012 Naga

Razer Nostromo GAMEPAD- this is something a lot of gamers are iffy about, but read the reviews and honestly...totally worth it and such an advantage with the razer naga once you get the hang of it (totally worth the generally steep learning curve)

will be getting the Razer Cacharius(sp?) headset as well, as I stepped on my previous razer headset months ago and have been using a pair of turtle beach x12's for the time being (THE CORD IS SOOOOO FREAKING LONG! LOL!)

Will also be purchasing a razer mousepad soon as well

I have a thing with keeping all my accessories the same brand and I haven't had any serious bad luck with Razer, they are generally really good product. They also have warranties that people seem to forget about!

Deleted
    Think I will buy:
    Keyboard
    Headset
    Mouse
    Mousepad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    Think I will buy:
    Keyboard
    Headset
    Mouse
    Mousepad
    Own all those and more,
    Headset is my favorite, perfect choice. That being said, its not for everyone. The performance is unparalleled in my experience, but comfort can be an issue for some. Are you ok wearing a headset that is intended to make you not hear your surroundings? You won't hear anything outside of the game, and they do this through the cushioning on the headset that sticks to your ear. I cannot wear the Tiamat for a very long time and remain very comfortable. Also, if I speak through Skype or to someone, it is INCREDIBLY annoying because you hear a muffled echo of yourself and it isn't clear because your ears are being covered. I find it incredibly annoying to hear myself speak whenever I'm on Skype/Vent because I hear a muffled reverberation of my voice. The most comfortable headset they have is the Megalodon. Less expensive, less performance, not noise-cancelling so you can hear everything around you, no noise-cancelling cushioning, can go 10 hours+ and not feel a thing. Its virtualized surround sound. Performance vs. Comfort here.

The keyboard, are you sure? It's good but after I used the Blackwidow (mechanical keys) I could never touch a non-mechanical keyboard. Try gaming on a mechanical keyboard once. It'll take a bit to get used to but it feels great and a truly tactile response.

Also, avoid that mouse. I got the Naga hex and I HATE IT. 6 Buttons are NOT enough!! What games do you play? If anything outside of Diablo/LoL such as WoW, go for the normal Naga or the Naga epic. Much more comfortable, much more potential, much better. If you are an FPS gamer with no use of buttons, get the Ourobors.

Can't speak for the mousepad other than the fact that I prefer the Vespula above everything else for its wrist-comfort thingy.

That being said about the headset, if you play for long periods of time and you need comfort, get the Megalodon. The only time you'll need the performance increase in the Tiamat vs. the Megalodon is in very competitive FPS games. Do you play FPS games competitively? If not, honestly just get the Megalodon. You'll save a bit and will be better off, comfort wise. The Tiamat's surround sound in FPS games is CRAZY. I am constantly turning my head around to see if the footsteps were IRL or from the game, and I'm not joking.

Deleted
    About the headset, I do want a headset that covers my ear completely, cause the Sennheiser I have now is more ON my ears and I get a bad pain on the ears after a couple of hours!
    And about the keyboard, I want a keyboard that have low keys, I dont know about the Blackwidow, could check it out tho before I make my final decision!
    Whats mechanical by the by? how does it feel compared to a normal?

I have the normal naga too, but I dont want so many buttons, they are placed too tight for my hand!

I play loads of games, mmo, fps and rts. I have heard about the 7.1 surround, but you do need a 7.1 soundcard for it to work, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    What computer do you have? For the Tiamat's surround system to work, you do need a compatible 7.1 card, which could be integrated in your mobo already, do some checking. If you lack one, the Megalodon's virtualized surround sound is not far behind in terms of performance and does not require a 7.1 card, also since you mentioned not liking headsets that are on your ears, avoid the Tiamat because the Tiamat is exactly that. The cushioning is outwards meaning its all stuck on your ears. This is how I feel when I use my Tiamat, at least. The Megalodons are very concave and will be super comfortable its not even funny. You note MMO and RTS, performance gain in Tiamat vs. Megalodon in MMO's and RTS' is minimal. The Megalodon still allows you to pinpoint people in FPS. For this to work, a compatible game where you can enable a surround sound option is required. The difference in the Tiamat vs. the Megalodon in FPS goes like this: With the Megalodon, you can identify North, South, East, and West directional sound. With the Tiamat, you can identify North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West, Northwest. Make sense?

I'll post a pic of the Megalodons and Tiamats soon.

Mechanical keys are a gift on earth. They are loud, they are clicky, they feel so good. Very fast and tacticle response when gaming, complete control. The key caps are not chiclet-flat so you know your finger is on a button. You won't misclick as much, it feels much, much better. Try one.

This may interest you, as well.:
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...weaver-stealth

This is supposed to be used in accordance to a mouse, usually a Naga works great in WoW.

If you don't have a 7.1 surround card, get the Megalodons. If you don't need super-exact directional sounds in your FPS, get the Megalodons. If after 3+ hours of gaming you want to take off your headphones and not feel like your ears have been crushed, are red, and are painful, then get the Megalodons as they are the most comfortable headset I've EVER worn!

Regarding the Naga hex, keep with your normal Naga. Cutting down your numbers won't benefit you. In fact, try binding correctly with your Naga based on comfort and you will see how great it is. For example, my most commonly used spells I keep on the first couple of rows on my Naga. These tend to not have CD's. All my CD's and other abilities I put on the last few rows. So like #10 is Anti-Magic-Shell. #11 is Icebound Fortitude, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit biased against Razer, so take that into account.

I would not recommend any Keyboard from Razer. You can get better products cheaper from different manufacturers. Paying $80 for a mediocre quality keyboard that is basically a flat standard keyboard with some lights and a Razer logo, does not seem like a wise choice. The general reliability of their keyboards is not very good (but i do not know about this specific one).
    If you really want a flat keyboard, then i can recommend http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-eVoluti.../dp/B001QUDJX8
    It does not have lights, but aside from that it is of very high quality. We sell them a lot since more than 3 years and i think i had just a single warranty claim since then. Only thing to keep in mind: The button press is fairly heavy (compared to most laptops).

While i don't like the Razer Mice (they just have the wrong form for my grip style), they are generally ok.

Don't know much about the Razer Headsets, but i have heard that they can be a little bit flimsy.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    So Megalodon, the DeathStalker keyboard but I'm still not sure about the mouse, I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be satisfied with the 12button Naga I own, its too much of a clusterfuck with the 12 buttons, I would like to have like 4 buttons + back and forward buttons on the thumb position but havent found one yet :/

10+ Year Old Account
    So Megalodon, the DeathStalker keyboard but I'm still not sure about the mouse, I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be satisfied with the 12button Naga I own, its too much of a clusterfuck with the 12 buttons, I would like to have like 4 buttons + back and forward buttons on the thumb position but havent found one yet :/
    In my experience, those who don't want more buttons, don't really need buttons in the first place. I wouldn't recommend the DeathStalker still because when it comes to these membrane keyboards, you will get the same performance as a 2$ keyboard. When you go brand names for gaming keyboards, go mechanical. Try this one out: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...-stealth-2013/ Its perfect, its beautiful, it feels amazing, it is the best keyboard I've owned.

As for your mouse predicament, why don't you just go with a good gaming mouse (no numbers) and use your keyboard, it seems that you're pretty comfortable with your keyboard if you can't use the current Naga.

As a result, I present to you, http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-ouroboros
    Fully customizable in all aspects, has definitely got some buttons but they ain't numbers. Beautiful design, both wireless and wired. can adjust every single thing and its crazy how customizable it is. I love my Ouroboros! Very strong sensor, very durable. Where your thumb is placed (on the left or right of the mouse) you can unlock that 'wall' and turn it into a pressable button. The buttons you'll use the most:

First: [IMG]http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/752/ouroboros_brandproduct_slide_800x600_161012_01.png[IMG]
    You see the buttons under the scroll wheel? Those are pretty nifty and easy to reach. Also, the scrollwheel itself is a great 'clickable' button, just push down on the wheel. So far thats 3 very reachable and comfortable buttons

Next: [IMG]http://www.razerzone.com/?ACT=27&fid=1&d=752&f=razer-ouroboros-usp-3.png[IMG]
    You see on the right side (this also exists on the left side), there are two silver 'buttons'. Those are exactly where your thumb is at so they're very easy to press and are super comfortable.

Aside from that, the place where you have the thumb itself can be activated as a button, you simply 'push' where your thumb is. You can customize this to be a 'sniping' mode, very useful in FPS. I usually play at a high speed of 4200DPI (max on this mouse is 8200). So when I'm sniping in BF3/COD or aiming down the sight and I need a slow mode, I push my thumb. This reduces DPI to 800 while it is pushed, giving me a few seconds of super accuracy, it's very helpful when used correctly. Also, as soon as you let go, it goes back to the normal DPI. Have fun!!

For clarification, this is the button for the sniping mode: [IMG]http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/752/razer-ouroboros-gallery-5.png[IMG]
    the 'spotty' area where your thumb is intended to be, that is pushable if you 'unlock' it (there's a slider to control that at the bottom of the mouse)

I think you'll really love the Blackwidow
    [IMG]http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/54/razer-blackwidow-ulitmate-2013-gallery-5.png[IMG] Buy it, mechanical>>>>>>>>>>>>membrane, it'll change your life

As for the headset, for clarification, [IMG]http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/14/razer-tiamat71.png[/MG]

See those 'cushiony' parts? At least for my ears, those cushiony bits are ON my ears and not outlining them. This causes my discomfort but it may be because I have big ears? IDK

The Megalodons are perfect in comfort for me [IMG]http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/19/razer-megalodon-gallery-1.png[IMG]

Thumbnail large images; read the rules.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-04-22 at 01:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want some buttons on the side, but not as much as the Naga, you might want to have a look at the Corsair M95:

I overall prefer the button layout over that of the Naga, because you actually have a resting place for your thumb in the middle. It's much more natural to find a specific button, because you are starting at the center of the layout.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    <Snip>
    "True 7.1 Tiamat..." Such a dumb marketing scheme, you have two ears there is no way it's going to work very well on such a small area. Only decent option is surround through software. I wouldn't recommend any of the Razer stuff, simply because they tend break, they're flimsy or some other issue. The only decent Razer product I've owned is the Deathadder and even that one ended up having the damn double click issue.

Get something better quality like a Logitech G710+ keyboard. Corsair M95, Logitech G600 mouse. Sennheiser 350SE, 363D or takstar hi2050+clip on mic for headset/headphones (you can get it all at Amazon.com)

Deleted
    the m95, i do own that mouse and i really like it, came from a razer lachesis, will take some time getting used to the m95 but you will get there, also with headsets.
    its always better to get an actual decent headphones and a separate mic, this makes replacing cheaper if any bits come faulty.

personally i would get a mid end headphones that do go around the full ear, something like http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-...rds=sennheiser, its mid end in the audio world btw :P, but its very good, and pair that with something like http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10-USB-H...words=fiio+e10, though mics can be quite cheap so shouldnt be too much extra, get one that suits your ergonomics, the sound quality from that combo is better then any gaming headset to be found really, you could always just forget the DAC from fiio though, could be gotten later down the line
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2013-04-20 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    I read somewhere that the Razer Megalodon have a built-in sound card that removes some pressure off of the CPU, is this true? or do I need to buy a 7.1 sound card to get it working properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere that the Razer Megalodon have a built-in sound card that removes some pressure off of the CPU, is this true? or do I need to buy a 7.1 sound card to get it working properly?
    You do not need a 7.1 Sound card for the Megalodon to work afaik, it is USB. The Tiamat, however, is USB and all those plugs that you'd need a 7.1 sound card to get it to work

KB: Cherry Stream http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/ke...ice/G85-23100/ this thing is beast if you don't care about hardware macro buttons and i mean it, it even lasts forever, and forget Logitech "gamer" keyboards, if it's not one of the new mechanicals it's going to be sh*t, don't know about Razer
    As for mice, i only buy Logitech as they offer superb Support and they feel very solid, unlike their crap gaming keyboards which feel VERY cheap
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-21 at 12:58 PM.

He especially said he wanted a laptop-style layout for the keyboard, which means flat keys.

OT:
    I have a laptop-style keyboard myself and can't do things without it. It's the ThermalTake eSports Challenger Ultimate.
    Link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-KB.../dp/B004M3ECFU

Possibly best keyboard for that price range, lots of backlight colour choices, 2x USB 2.0 Ports, Audio In/Out ports, Extra "Macro" keys(I use mine for starting up programs, Eg. WoW, Chrome) and a small fan for the hand.

About the fan: it's small, and may break easily if you poke it. However I do find it more comfortable playing with it blowing air on my hand, less sweat and all

Only downside is that the keyboard takes up 2 USB 2.0 slots if you want all of the functions to work(I believe backlight doesn't work with just 1 USB attached to PC).

If you have a "quality"(read: costs more than $200) Motherboard, it should have 7.1 sound card built in. However they are fairly barebone, but still produce 7.1 surround. Going with an actual Sound card is always the best idea if you want to have the best sound quality.

For mousepad, I have Razer Goliathus XXL, it's about 1 meter long, so it's basiclaly a mat on your desk.

I hate how everybody blindly recommends razer while it is super overpriced and you pay for the name and not quality.

Buy steelseries or logitech.