Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My all time favourite is original Lady Vashj. If memory serves it was only killed 3 times before substantial nerfs (they removed a whole mind control mechanic from the fight) one of those kills was bugged.

Deleted
    Archimonde...never in my life have I seen so many players getting killed on a boss so much because of "lagg" on the tear.

Deleted
    I didnt do ICC HM nor Firelands HM so this goes out of the way.

We spent on lot of time on Hardmode Mimiron, so many things to watch, total chaos . Good times ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Deemed impossible.
    I'm sure I saw a cheeky couple of sub 5% wipes, I reckon he was killable.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Heroic Lich King 25 was a pain especially with 4 times a Guild Master switch.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm sure I saw a cheeky couple of sub 5% wipes, I reckon he was killable.
    5% Is huge like that's like not even a kill right there you know how brutal that shit was pre-nerfed? Friends crying again and again and again wiping to the same % over and over

Like they overtuned that fight so god dam bad haha

1-2% isn't even a kill

It's what I've learned the entire hardcore raiding of my entire career granted some bosses die within 1% aka Yogg. My point is a low % doesn't mean It's killable especially how overturned that fight was ''apparently''

Vanilla: Ragnaros, Vaelastrasz (8 priest woo), Nefarian, C'thun, Four Horsemen

Burning Crusade: Gruul, Kael, Illidan, Eredar

WOTLK: Firefighter, 1 light, Heroic Anub, Heroic Deathwhisper, Heroic Putricide, Heroic Lich King

Cata: Heroic Nef, Heroic Council, Heroic Alakir, Heroic Ragnaros, Heroic fucking spine

MoP: Heroic Garajal the first week fuck those 1% wipes and random deaths, Heroic Amber fucking shaper, Heroic Vizier dodge ring shit, Sha

5% Is huge like that's like not even a kill right there you know how brutal that shit was pre-nerfed? Friends crying again and again and again wiping to the same % over and over
    Yeah, I do get it, it came across as if the first kill would have been done by luck and not perfect execution - still, I doubt he was impossible.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael prenerf for sure. Spent 3 months on him before we killed it.

Sarth 25 3D. Spent a lot of time there, that was for sure a really good fight.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Personally, it was Kael'Thas. 8 weeks, 4 nights a week, 4 hours a night

Deleted
    Definitely Ragnaros HC before any of the nerfs.

Hahahaha I keep forgetting ahhh an honorable mention

''Heroic Vizier'' - Heart of Fear pre-nerfed

Deemed impossible.
    it was possible, the nerf just came in way too quickly.

Deleted

Like they overtuned that fight so god dam bad haha

1-2% isn't even a kill

It's what I've learned the entire hardcore raiding of my entire career granted some bosses die within 1% aka Yogg. My point is a low % doesn't mean It's killable especially how overturned that fight was ''apparently''
    Yeah, it just means that the raid need more gear, and this progressive and natural nerf should have been enough. My former guild and I brought him only a dozens of time on p4 before the nerf and I can't even imagine the frustration of those who were a few percents close to kill it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokk View Post
    Putricide was rough at 5%-10%. Those diseases... ugh
    I still have nightmares of that freaking buff lol, OUT OF MELEE OUT OF MELEE OHH FUCK... :P

Heroic Vizier took us about 80 trys and made me pretty mad dying with no orbs at me at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Kael prenerf for sure. Spent 3 months on him before we killed it.

Sarth 25 3D. Spent a lot of time there, that was for sure a really good fight.
    While I agree it was a fun fight...it wasn't hard. But it was a rare fight where a lot of class utility was used...I think it was one of the last even where all class utility was used to that level.

how overturned that fight was ''apparently''
    One of the most annoying things about the encounter from what I can remember was the way he used his abilities in the final phase. At best I think we saw almost a 10% health difference in how soon he spawned the first echo. Variance happened with the second one as well.

Deleted
    Lich King Heroic. +1000 wipes. I know, we're bad, but we have never before og ever since had the same trouble with a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyl View Post
    Vanilla - Four Horseman and Cthun are the hardest bosses in the game during current progression. Hands down.
    BC - Muru
    WOTLK - Professor Putracide And or Yogg 0 lights
    Cata - 25 spine and Sinestra
    MoP - so far H iron Quon just because were currently wiping non stop.

Overall - The Illidan Queue timer gets my vote. 4000+ in queue and a 2 hour wait.
    C'thun was technically impossible until he was fixed (he died within an hour of the fix going live).

25 man heroic Lich King. I think it took us close to 200 wipes before we got him. I was tanking. Killing him is among my best memories of WoW.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2013-04-25 at 12:18 PM.