Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1. Wooty
    2. Undead Rogue
    3. Cant really recall the origins of the name but ive stuck with it ever since the days of diablo 2
    4. Err.. no?
    5. -

10+ Year Old Account
    Kivana
    Mage, female, Alliance
    Name i used in another online game and was/am still attached to.
    Nope
    My mage was a female in the other game too so i just stuck with it, glad i did too

1. Hitmonlee
    2. Troll Monk
    3. Do I need to say? Because pokemon are awesome?
    4. My name has no impact on how I play
    5. Pokemon are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Narsila. It's always supposed to be Narisha as it sounds cool and fits perfectly to orc female toon imo, but it was taken so i gone with Narsila.
    2. Female Orc Warrior
    3. Narisha was taken
    4. In game on vent everybody calls me Narcy, which became the name of my alt

Deleted
    1. What is your main character's name? Utakata
    2. what is their class and race? Undead Rogue
    3. Why did you choose this name? I watched anime once and heard about this name, then i thought it would fit great for a rogue.
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others? No it does not.
    5. any other info you think would be helpful! No.

Deleted
    1. Drbn
    2. Human paladin
    3. It was my first character and wow was the first online game i bought. To be honest i thought i was logging into a website and just choose to type in my initials, but Bam i was inside the game and playing. Before i stopped my first playing session i had reached a point where i didn't want to delete him again to start over with a new name and just stuck to it.
    4. Doesn't affect me.
    5. Later i started making alts with another common name (Sisk) and i got to be known by that instead. It was a lot easier to pronounce on vent, but when i am in a pug group that doesn't know me i still have to explain that i don't even know how to pronounce my own name (Drbn).

1. Nelle
    2. Hunter - Alliance
    3. Was watching some Ally McBeal on TV the day I created the character and it had some super hot blonde lesbian named Nelle in it. (Portia de Rossi) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005577/
    4. I RP a super hot blonde lesbo every single day.... oh wait.... just no!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    My serious names include Heylin, Kastre, Elyriaan, Kaliaan, and Aziel. I chose them because I like the sounds of them and they kind of have a fantasy heroic ring to it.
    My only character without a seriously thought out name is my Rogue, Yoloswagboi. I chose it because I knew it would rustle jimmies, and because Blizzard didn't like when she was named Phuglyskanq.

1. Citizen
    2. Tauren Death Knight
    3. Because i can make names like Citizen of Thunder Bluff
    4. Nope just a name....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Sorry it is not really in the format you specified:

Xareph the night elf rogue: This is my main. Tried to create a realistic proper noun that is fairly unique. I wanted to make a name that was not derived from an action or another name but was completely new (and sounded cool in my opinion)

Limikeen the night elf druid: From limikkin (shapeshifter)

Errorgon the human protection paladin: Mix of Eragon (Inheritance Cycle Book), Aragorn (LOTR Book) and Error

Eloone the healing human priest: Derived from Elune, Night Elf Goddess

Libitinaa the human (was undead earlier) Death Knight: Derived from Libitina, goddess of death

Saaruman the gnome warlock: Derived from Saruman, wizard from LOTR Book

Aphrobyte the good looking draenei shaman: Mix of Aphrodite and Byte (implying digital)

Zergernaut the dwarf warrior: Juggernaut who zergs!

Medivhaa the human mage: Derived from Medivh from Warcraft Lore

Arjoon the worgen hunter: Derived from Arjun, legendary hero in Hindu Mythology. He is an excellent sharpshooter

Yamraaj the gnome death knight: Derived from Yamraja, god of death

Zaumbie the undead rogue: Derived from the word zombie

Pawnisher the Pandaren Monk: Mix of Punisher and Paw

My first toon was named xareph but that was on a different account. When I created a new account, I had to choose a different name, so I chose Darthxareph (I am a big star wars fan), guildies shortened it to Darth, so thats what I am known as in my guild. It turned out to be a common name (darth) though, so I reactivated my old account, freed up the name and did a name change back to xareph

I don't think any of the names that I have chosen affect how I play and interact. They however are what you are known as...so I think it might be a good idea to think ahead and understand what people might call you (they often shorten or simplify names) and what the new version means (and how common etc it is).

1.Raegin
    2.Draenei Paladin
    3.It was given to me by the name randomizer for female draenei
    4.My guild mates sometimes refer to me as President
    5.I found out a while like it almost spells some racist word spelled backwards

1. What is your main character's name? Ishámael
    2. what is their class and race? Human DK
    3. Why did you choose this name? Its one of the forsaken in WoT series, and I kinda like the sound of it. (When people manage to pronounce it)
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others? Not realy
    5. any other info you think would be helpful! I do believe this name is mentioned in the Bible aswell? Not sure though.

1. What is your main character's name? Víndex
    2. what is their class and race? Human Pala
    3. Why did you choose this name? Because it's latin for Avenger or something like that, so long since I made the name. And I only used google translate so it's most likely wrong anyways ^^
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others? Not more than I'm a holy avenger that brings death on the foes that I meet in the dark night. Kidding, not realy (how can a name affect how I play?)
    5. any other info you think would be helpful! I'm a paladin, named Avenger in latin - dosnt get more holy and retribution than that in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Wildberry (Now Wildbery, darn server transfers and people already having your name, ESPECIALLY LEVEL 1 HUMAN WARLOCKS /endrant)
    2. Orc Death Knight
    3. WotLK had just launched and I had never been super creative with names, I just wanted to play my character and found myself eating a Wildberry Poptart at the time.
    4. Not really, although I have developed a love for ironic character names
    5. Nope :I

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Funeral
    2: Forsaken Rogue
    3: See 2.
    4: Maybe a little. I've had a number of whispers regarding the name that boil down to "Appropriate!" I made a couple of macros for Cannibalize and Will of the Forsaken that speak to his nature as a Forsaken with a dark sense of humor.
    5: Cannibalize macro: "Meat is meat... good to eat..."

Deleted
    1. Zhinjao
    2. Pandaren Shaman
    3. Well, the whole chinese thematic just screamed for it, then I rolled a Panda and took my chance.
    4. Not much.
    5. I always try to think of my own names.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Sym0N3(Symfone)
    2. Blood Elf Warrior
    3. I chose this name because it represent who I am. I've been called "Symfone" since my childhood.
    4. Well, yea. But only in good ways.
    5. Dont drink & Drive!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    1. Tolaana
    2. Draenei Shaman
    3. I wasn't very original. I knew that Draenei don't tend to have second names and they have sometimes have addition vowels in their names, hence the double a. I couldn't think of a good name so I kinda stole one off an npc in Azuremyst - Tolaan - and then added the a on the end in order to make it more feminine. Was pure lazyness but I think it worked as a Draenei name.
    4. Not at all. I don't rp but I make backstories for my characters 'cause I find it interesting. I love the lore of most playable races and try to stick with names that fit the race of my character because I find it to be more interesting than some random ass name that makes no sense.
    5. I usually play Draenei or Humans when Alliance. Draenei are by far my favourite race because they feel so alien, even in WoW, and Humans because they don't have one single culture... if that makes sense. Two humans from different factions can be as different from one another as two different races, they just seem to be very driven by what they believe in, which varies from faction to faction. When I play Horde I either play Blood Elves 'cause I like their story of destruction and rebirth and Trolls 'cause they look cool.

1. Ichorum
    2. Blood Elf Paladin.
    3. Ichor is a term used for the divine blood that flows through gods/titans. I felt it fit the sacred aspect of being a Paladin. -is was going to be my first suffix, because I researched the Paladin class and found Wings. I decided to go for -um instead because it sounds better to me.
    4. I treat every character different, if I were on a rp server, Ichorum would be a gentle soul, hard to anger, but reckless in his zeal. I have a warrior named Albrecher that would be rigid and crude, but truly caring underneath. Just the surface.
    5. Last name Dawnglint. Another definition of ichor is the foulness that comes out of wounds, he was a cruel Blood Knight when the Blood Elves controlled M'uru, now that he's literally seen the light, he has Risen to become what Anasterian and Lor'themar would be proud of. Everyone pronounces it Itch-er-umm or Itchy or something like that, unfortunately. Ick-urr-uhm.

1. Roulette
    2. Goblin Warlock
    3. The radio was playing while I was contemplating a good concept for a Goblin Lock. Lady GaGa came on and these lyrics struck me "Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun, And baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!" What's more of a gamble than a pyro Goblin with fel flames at her fingertips? I love the implications and feel SO lucky it wasn't taken on my server. It just fits her perfectly. The RP character, the class, all of it. <3
    4. Not really. Although as a fan of RuPaul I do love that everyone calls her Rou for short. ^_^
    5. I don't even gamble in real life. I really enjoy how different Rou is from myself, the player. Well...aside from her inclination to wear blue. I really like using word names. I just usually don't use English word names. Rou and her rogue cousin Bazinga are the exceptions.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    1. What is your main character's name? Uovu
    2. what is their class and race? Goblin Shadow Priest
    3. Why did you choose this name? It basically means evil in Swahili and no one else has used it
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others? Nope, don't get me wrong some names I put a bit more effort into than others but lately it has to fit the toon and be as unique as possible, but that's as far as it goes, it doesn't change how I act or how I play the game.