Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    and your mark on mobility... are you serious? with portal and gateway on duel (gateway isnt lay on hand or somthing) your unreachble if intended....
    anyways this isnt the point as 1v1 is not even a 1/100000 of the game...
    What are you going to do with gateway and portal if your enemy is not going into that direction? You can go away from someone with it, but going to someone is a different story. If the portal/gateway is not in the direction you want to go, it's useless... If a hybrid, healer, rogue, whatsoever runs out your range to heal up/reopen, what are you going to do?Nothing, you can't catch them due no controlled mobility. Ïf a ranged is sitting on max range, good luck landing any of your casted spells, they can easily out range you and your instant cc doesn't have enough range to hit them.

Aside from that, in battlegrounds you'll very likely not have gateway up, nor teleport so it's just a matter of training a warlock till he's out of cooldowns. Not that it really matters because the gateway will be killable in 5.3 anyway so it really won't last long in battlegrounds anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Nah, we are supposed to keep discussions alive and to punish dem trolls and flamers

Honestly, I don't care about 1v1 myself, I'm just stating it how it is. Warlocks have 1 massive weakness which is their mobility, anyone who can exploit that can win without too many problems. We are by far the slowest class in game for PvP, that's just a fact. Many people don't see it, but those who are aware of it, can exploit it to a point where you just want to /forfeit because there's so little you can do against it.
    Indeed, as destro I feel like a turret that hits like a wet noodle. No, really, pretty sad how a 'so hard to get-off' spell like CB hits for so low.

I do love destruction, but I want affliction back.. and I feel like they don't want to make it viable for PvP, at least not for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    What are you going to do with gateway and portal if your enemy is not going into that direction? You can go away from someone with it, but going to someone is a different story. If the portal/gateway is not in the direction you want to go, it's useless... If a hybrid, healer, rogue, whatsoever runs out your range to heal up/reopen, what are you going to do?Nothing, you can't catch them due no controlled mobility. Ïf a ranged is sitting on max range, good luck landing any of your casted spells, they can easily out range you and your instant cc doesn't have enough range to hit them.

Aside from that, in battlegrounds you'll very likely not have gateway up, nor teleport so it's just a matter of training a warlock till he's out of cooldowns. Not that it really matters because the gateway will be killable in 5.3 anyway so it really won't last long in battlegrounds anyway.
    Eh well this is why you dont discuss 1v1, any hybrid can just doze off while you gateway and heal to full i guess...
    and in 5.3 it will be destroyd everywhere not sure why they made this change, the gateway wasnt really all that op.

anyways some numbers of dmg from the ptr, as i see nobody cares about our survivbility (which is why i made this thread) and everyone keep on with the low dmg... i know we have shit dmg, but we arent getting any meaningful dmg buffs in 5.3, yet we might lose alot of healing. just some numbers i pulled out with recount ( every gem state was tested few times to see that the numbers arent rng)

On dummy, with curse of element on, with 3 state of gems, full pvpower, full int, full mastery i found some intresting results...

65.6% - stacking pvpower
    41000 - 23763
    45000- 26082

57.3% pvpower stacking int
    46300 - 25500
    42700 - 23508

57% pvpower stacking mastery
    50000 - 27500
    46000 - 25277

the left numer is the dmg on dummy rounded up close numbers, bigger number is agony, the other one is UA ( didnt show corruption since it's emberassing)
    right number is (left number * pvpower [1.57/1.65]*base resil [1-0.65])

stacking mastery seems the best, got to around 74% mastery with some 3k mastery buff class this would actuelly get some nice numbers.
    *note these numbers are afflic first 10 sec with procs and cd
    *note tested few times on each gem state same numbers stable results

on diffrent note, respeced destro got 433k chaosbolt with mastery stack, while int stack got me 417k.
    also healed for 197k regular embertap with mastery stack + 559k hp in ptr.
    (im guessing in pvp take 50% off that).

was simply bored, so tested ^^

EDIT : I just cant see this title anymore, i was way too much shocked from the sights in ptr, can any mod change it to somthing bit more relaxed.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-04-25 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Edited HUGE font size

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post

EDIT : I just cant see this title anymore, i was way too much shocked from the sights in ptr, can any mod change it to somthing bit more relaxed.
    Changing the title only happens with small obvious typos or when a title is inappropriate. If we change the title now, after 4 pages of replies people will lose the thread, or think this is a different, new thread, and get confused. There's nothing wrong with the thread title, but if you feel bad about it then keep that in mind when creating new threads in the future: it's easier to create a thread with a good title then it is to change it afterward.

hehe i guess you are right.
    oh well, i conclud that we must wait till 5.3 realeses.