Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Diversity != complexity

Plz keep strawmanning...
    Do you have any idea how to program or what is involved? It has nothing to do with diversity and everything to do with complexity. The interaction between the events is what makes things complex. The whole principle where you have a persistent world make is complex. Things like balance don't come into single player games. It's not relevant. If you look at GW2 and see how many of the initial complaints were about balance you might start to understand how much time they need to spend on development tweaking and testing that balance. People always push things to the limit in an MMO, try and see what can be done. They try and walk through walls to see if they can get a competitive advantage. When was the last time that someone tried to walk through a wall playing skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    but diversity necessitates complexity in an mmo.
    I'd say this is the opposite, complexity necessitates diversity but not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Do you have any idea how to program or what is involved? It has nothing to do with diversity and everything to do with complexity. The interaction between the events is what makes things complex. The whole principle where you have a persistent world make is complex. Things like balance don't come into single player games. It's not relevant. If you look at GW2 and see how many of the initial complaints were about balance you might start to understand how much time they need to spend on development tweaking and testing that balance. People always push things to the limit in an MMO, try and see what can be done. They try and walk through walls to see if they can get a competitive advantage. When was the last time that someone tried to walk through a wall playing skyrim?
    I'm actually a programmer.

Again I know what makes things complex I'm simply saying that I've never even brought up complexity when talking about skyrim, I only spoke of diversity (this is why you rambling on about complexity is one big strawman). If YOU want to talk about complexity by all means go ahead but then don't quote me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse throwing up some prize money.

http://www.curse.com/news/guild-wars...sts-tournament
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be playing in the tournament for curse, wish me luck xD

Zhaitan isn't really the largest or most powerful Elder D though. At least according to lore. There is some leeway to claim that Z would be the easiest Elder Dragon to finish off compared to the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Ill be playing in the tournament for curse, wish me luck xD
    Good luck!

Btw, another tourney with cash prizes forming - King of the Custom Arena Beta tournament for EU players.

http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240#info
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That whole argument kinda falls flat on it's face considering that you really don't even do anything to Zhaitan. You just get on a ridiculously huge airship and watch a cutscene where a gun pretty much shoots him in half.

If anything, the idea that "omg Elder Dragons are so huge and powerful and awesome and you're just an ant to them and blah blah" was pretty much totally debunked with the way the storyline ended.
    Yes, alone you're no match for the dragons. That was pretty much the point, alone you are nothing, but together with all the races and orders of Tyria, you managed to kill one of them off.

If you follow the storyline you will do missions that weakens Zhaitan. While the battle against Zhaitan was lame, it's just there to show that races and orders fighting together can bring him down.

The hell is the point of battling all these undead hordes and Fire-Crabs and Ice-Monsters when you have a fleet of airships with laser beams and crap?
    Well... true.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmorpg.com has announced they will be hosting monthly tournaments, no details yet on the prizes.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...urnaments.html
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    haha, this thread has gone all sorts of crazy off-topic and tsk, tsk @Fencers for busy co-signing it.

anyway, On-Topic: GW2 really has a lot of potential as far as viewership of matches/tournaments and with competent, energetic and analytical shoutcasters, games can be really exciting this is probably one of the best games i have watched of GW2 tPvP and it showcases the great potential that these systems can usher in for GW2 becoming eSports in the future: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42/c/2238395

i still think before they made the media push for eSport, they need to do some more profession balancing, separate group and solo queues and ratings, add PvP progression (e.g. permanent finishers, unique emotes) and bring back weekly 3 round tournaments. all the same things are definitely looking up for us tPvPers and GW2 as a whole.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

That shoutcaster is fcking horrible. He doesn't know the meta and nearly always misses all of the action. The only thing he's doing is saying what people are doing instead of saying what they will be doing.

This became very apparent when helseth joined in for 5minutes and simply predicted every move by both teams...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a couple of matches that Blu shoutcasted, he's really good! Has a keen eye, a good understanding of the maps and profession mechanics, an excellent nonrepetive patter and he's working with ANet to improve spectactor mode to help shoutcasters.

For instance, one of his suggestions was to let shoutcasters draw on the maps and on the last match I watched they've updated that function now.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    That shoutcaster is fcking horrible. He doesn't know the meta and nearly always misses all of the action. The only thing he's doing is saying what people are doing instead of saying what they will be doing.

This became very apparent when helseth joined in for 5minutes and simply predicted every move by both teams...
    Helseth was not there for that match and also Helseth did not "predict" anything he just said the obvious which was they were going to lose, so how is that being a perceptive shoutcaster. also, this is still in beta ffs let Blu get used to it and figure out the best way to navigate without keybinds. also, that match you are thinking of with Helseth was riddled with issues as the owner of the CA did not password protect it so they were just messing around by the time Helseth made it into Skype, besides Helseth does not have a great shoucasting presence so...yeah...exactly.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I've seen a couple of matches that Blu shoutcasted, he's really good! Has a keen eye, a good understanding of the maps and profession mechanics, an excellent nonrepetive patter and he's working with ANet to improve spectactor mode to help shoutcasters.

For instance, one of his suggestions was to let shoutcasters draw on the maps and on the last match I watched they've updated that function now.
    Please stop talking about anything PvP related. You've made a fool of yourself in the past and you just keep doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    Helseth was not there for that match and also Helseth did not "predict" anything he just said the obvious which was they were going to lose, so how is that being a perceptive shoutcaster. also, this is still in beta ffs let Blu get used to it and figure out the best way to navigate without keybinds. also, that match you are thinking of with Helseth was riddled with issues as the owner of the CA did not password protect it so they were just messing around by the time Helseth made it into Skype, besides Helseth does not have a great shoucasting presence so...yeah...exactly.
    helseth said well before that point in the game that red needed more cata control since the blues were dominating all team fights. he said this because blue had portal up on CT which made it possible to gank reds wherever they decided to go. The reason why you need treb to counter this should be evident. He didn't explain this since he's used to talking to people who are as knowledgeable about the game as he is so he simply said, they need to get cata control.

Secondly I never said he's a better shoutcaster, I wanted to point out the lack of knowledge of the current meta from Blu (and the lack of tactical knowledge). Just look at recorded games and you can tell that his partner has a way better eye (but no control of the camera).

Whether or not the OBS is in beta is irrelevant to "game-sense", he should know why/how people run certain ways and he should be able to predict the moves of the teams.

Games like this should be viewed as chess. Anyone can "shout-cast" the way blu did (and white just took the knight of black...) but it's not fun to watch and doesn't really add anything to it. Everyone can see that for themselves. A shoutcaster should be able to make predictions (and white just moved his bishop probably looking to pin black's knight...).
    I honestly feel that the only reason people watch Blu is because the games aren't otherwise available to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    stuff
    don't you listen during the games? the whole point of Blu shoutcasting WITH Fixi is so that Fixi can alert him to things that he might have missed; Blu is there for play-by-plays and Fixi is there for the analytics. and no, not ANYONE can just shoutcast so please stop with that nonsense. Blu is new to shoutcasting as well but he is learning rather quickly and he is knowledgeable of the current meta he was just so focused on the big action so could not switch to watch the backcaps and what-not. also, you do realize that people watch Blu shoutcasting because he energizes the viewers, right? which is what a shoutcaster IS supposed to do. haha and dude you need to chill, being such a hater will give you health issues.

Deleted
    too late, the game is already dead.

Yeah...but no...Don't troll, it doesn't end well for trolls. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-07 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    too late, the game is already dead.
    yeah, i was wondering why when i logged in there were still so many people around. they must all be waiting for the final event before they take the servers offline.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've stated that they planned the team that way, for one to shoutcast and the other to analyze. It's a good match
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    ~~~~
    Blu simply shouldn't be shoutcasting at all, he's not adding anything. Fixi does all the interesting stuff but he can't talk since blue is constantly screaming "OMG IT DIED RARARA". I agree not anyone can shoutcast. But anyone can "shoutcast" like blu (you know because he's bad...)

And no he's not knowledgeable about the meta at all (he frigin asks ppl to PM popular builds to him...).
    What does it even mean "energise viewers"? I thought ppl were there to watch a match.

I'm not hating, he's simply bad. I like Fixi a lot more and wish he could just shoutcast solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    They've stated that they planned the team that way, for one to shoutcast and the other to analyze. It's a good match
    I call BS, Blu simply doesn't know the meta so he needs someone to hold his hand and guide him through the forrest, basically he needs a shoutcaster...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can keep "calling it" but that's what he said :P

Yeah that is right, but of course also planned like that. It wouldn't make much sense for me to do the same thing as blu - I just complement the shoutcast with (hopefully good) analysis. I hope you guys feel the same way about it.
    Valar morghulis