Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How about RoP also disarming friendly targets inside it and preventing them from casting hostile spells?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    How about RoP also disarming friendly targets inside it and preventing them from casting hostile spells?
    Would make sense. It's ring of PEACE after all.

Most annoying skill:

1. Deterence
    2. Ring of Peace
    3. The rogue talent that makes them stealthed for some secs after opening
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-04-24 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    When I first saw the spell this is how I thought it was going to be. Kind of like how pally`s Hand of Protection works, though that`s 100% immune to physical while the ring is just a consequence for hostile actions within the bubble/ring. Hopefully ring of peace will end up like that when it can, because at the moment monks kinda need it in it's current form which is sad I know.

Now I think the main reason people are pointing at Ring of peace being the most annoying spell is because it's the newest and indeed very powerful. However the spell itself is indeed annoying with it being coupled with the monks amazing mobility is what makes the spell annoying as it is, much like how solar beam is in combination with vortex. Though the spell itself is strong I don't believe it the singled out spell to be 'most annoying'. Most annoying award would have to go to Vanish. Though I know Vanish has it's weaknesses and isn't perfect but not much more is more annoying then a rogue vanishing just before getting them into execute range and getting away because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can still cast inside Hand of Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard wants more monks in PvP, so working as intended..
    This^

The spell is being reworked in 5.3 last I heard. It will still be very good though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Well the worst part about this ability is that for Death Knights it completely locks you for 8 secs. You are silenced and disarmed. There is nothing you can. You can trinket but still you come back in the circle.

Its annoying and frustrating cause it takes no skill to use it. One of the reasons why Dks Frozen Ground or whatever that spell was removed. It was too OP. Ring of Peace is completely broken in its current state. Even if it was a 45 sec CD, at least remove the silence. Currently it does both so there is nothing you can do. You can't use any of your CDs.
    You do realize that it doesn't silence for 8 sec right and that you can cast in it?! The silence occurs after the cast is complete. So you get one cast in the ring, but then you are silenced for 3 seconds.

Ring of Peace
    Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing all nearby enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and nearby enemy players unable to auto-attack. In addition, enemies who cast a harmful spell within the ring become silenced for 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.
    Last edited by Injinjpow; 2013-04-24 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    You can still cast inside Hand of Protection.
    Yes I know, hand of protection was probably not the greatest example to give but it was the first thing I thought of. I was using it to compare how with that hand on you can`t be hit by physical but can`t preform physical abilities yourself. How enemies in the ring that does a hostile action has a consequence I originally thought the ring would also do the same for friendlies as well. Hence the Hand of Protection comparison. My apologies for any confusion.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious how so many people have no idea how the spell even works, and still bitch about it.
    It doesn't silence you for 8 seconds, it silences you for 3, IF YOU CAST. So DK's can still cast for 5 seconds in it as much as they want. It doesn't silence healers.

And... if you're getting hit by an 8 second Grapple Weapon, you better damn well be a DK or you're an idiot. Learn to use a weapon chain. You deserve to be disarmed for a full duration if you aren't equipping yourself to deal with it. And yeah... many classes have ways to get out of the ring. Or... heaven forbid your teammates actually CC someone when they use an ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Yeah, the only class I feel sorry for during Ring of Peace are Boomkins. If their displacer is down there is literally 0 escape mechanics to get out of it. They can't even powershift because it silences them. Every other class has some sort of snare/root/cc which they can do to 'somewhat' counter it.

Ring of Peace will just take a while to get used too for most people. If you really think it's stupidly overpowered just play Monk on PTR for a couple of BGs/Arenas and you'll realise why they need it.
    You can get wild charge and get out of it.

I play a monk so I might be biased but monks do not have many true cc's, rop is strong but you can get out of it and go on someone else and actual do things. But like paladins cc you can't, monk really have a small amount of cc if you think about it in that way. I have paladin and priest easily cc me and kill my 2's partner when I could never be able to cc like them. It is strong against melee but next patch is changing it and it will nerf it for them while casters are going to take a hit, I think they are going the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Hilarious how so many people have no idea how the spell even works, and still bitch about it.
    It doesn't silence you for 8 seconds, it silences you for 3, IF YOU CAST. So DK's can still cast for 5 seconds in it as much as they want. It doesn't silence healers.

And... if you're getting hit by an 8 second Grapple Weapon, you better damn well be a DK or you're an idiot. Learn to use a weapon chain. You deserve to be disarmed for a full duration if you aren't equipping yourself to deal with it. And yeah... many classes have ways to get out of the ring. Or... heaven forbid your teammates actually CC someone when they use an ability.
    If it is a offensive heal or spell they do get silenced, I get silenced if I use chi torpedo.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-04-24 at 07:12 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    In 2s it's pretty cheesy. A Monk can lock down nearly every single kill attempt on his healer from a melee class, and it can be very frustrating for melee classes to try and land kills against Monks. It's probably why Hunter/Disc is strong at the moment, it's one of the only comps that counters WW/Healer.

However, Ring of Peace isn't nearly enough for a monk to stay alive in 3s against burst cleaves. I've lost games vs multi-glad Thugcleaves in the opening 30 seconds, where they have trained me through touch of karma, last stand, ring of peace and the casted disarm (they actually broke touch of karma with damage in about 3-4 globals).

There is an argument to be made whether Mistweaver monks need it, though.
    I'm not too familiar with the Monk class, but I agree with the statements above. Whenever I do 2s for a quick cap, I cringe whenever I see a Monk. As annoying as they are, it's nearly impossible to balance around 2v2 so if there's a comp we can't beat...we just cut our losses and move on. I spent this past weekend farming the same team over and over again until I hit cap. I felt bad for them, but that's 2v2 for you.

I haven't seen the top rankings in a while, but I don't think there are too many monks up there. Monks aren't overpowered and at higher ratings, they're actually quite under-represented. I think Blizzard's strategy of buffing monks this season was to give them a ton of utility (incapacitate, silence, stun, disarm, trinket, etc.), but I don't think that's the best approach. As I said, I'm not familiar with the class, but I would assume upping damage output and removing some utility would put them in a better place than they are now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some complain about Monk stun then ask for MW Balancing. The arguments are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Kinda like how ever 45 seconds for 6(I think its 6) seconds you become immune to anything magic?
    Wait for Ring of Peace to lack a disarm and THEN compare?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like it matters, RoP is going to be pretty garbage next patch anyway. No reason to take a 3 second Disarm/Silence that requires positioning every minute over aoe stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had fun with 2 90 dks thanks to a combination of ring of peace, healing sphere and grapple :S

They were killing some low lvl npcs in westfall so i landed to take a look, they tried to kill me but after a couple of minutes they gave up and tried running...so i followed...and followed..and followed, stunning, slowing and chi waving all the way, one escaped but i followed the other to kara ';..;'

<3 ring of peace, I'm abusing it while it's OP :P

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I just had fun with 2 90 dks thanks to a combination of ring of peace, healing sphere and grapple :S

They were killing some low lvl npcs in westfall so i landed to take a look, they tried to kill me but after a couple of minutes they gave up and tried running...so i followed...and followed..and followed, stunning, slowing and chi waving all the way, one escaped but i followed the other to kara ';..;'

<3 ring of peace, I'm abusing it while it's OP :P
    That's funny, because as soon as RoP went down you should have been obliterated into the ground. Literally. Monks have no increased armor or damage reduction, and even if they mess up with Touch of Karma, they can just Magic Shell and take no damage from it. So... yeah. RoP isn't OP, they are just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    shuriken toss however, i have no words for how much i hate this ability, and its not just the noise. i can deal a ton of damage from range, but all of it has a fairly steep resource cost. shuriken toss being spammable as it is would be like my judgement and exorcism having 1 second cooldowns. and i can just spam those and beat into people with harsh words. thats what shuriken toss/deadly throw is like.
    "Shing, shing, shing, shing" *Trying to imitate the shuriken toss sound*. I can't really decide about shuriken toss. On my other chars I feel it's actually "okay" dmg wise, it doesn't need to build up combo points with that insane speed. As a rogue I just love the heck out of this ability. I killed an hunter out of the smoke bomb with shuriken toss.

have i mentioned the god damn noise?
    "Shing, Shing, Shing..."

On topic. I think we should petition Blizzard not to remove or change RoP. I think "Ring of Bullshit" as someone on my RBG team named it is far more appropriate. We're actually using that now instead of Peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny, because as soon as RoP went down you should have been obliterated into the ground. Literally. Monks have no increased armor or damage reduction, and even if they mess up with Touch of Karma, they can just Magic Shell and take no damage from it. So... yeah. RoP isn't OP, they are just bad.
    What's touch of karma 0o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    On topic. I think we should petition Blizzard not to remove or change RoP. I think "Ring of Bullshit" as someone on my RBG team named it is far more appropriate. We're actually using that now instead of Peace.
    Pentions do not worj for blizzard, thing that really made blizzard change their mind is the real id thing.
    Not to even count it stack double on resilience.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Pentions do not worj for blizzard, thing that really made blizzard change their mind is the real id thing.
    You mean thousands of players going berserk on ALL language forums? I was there! It was fun. I loved how threds with hundreds of posts popped up in hours and went on and on till Blizzard finally yielded. It was the day the community smashed them flat, good memories.

It still does not make up for how not fun monks are. I can't see many people maining them next expansion. I see them replacing rogues as the least favorite class in the years down the road.