Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it. Would make changing specs a tad easier for me as a shaman.

Chance and mystique are what bring people back.

A safety net option, like Kirin Tor/Sunreaver, would be fine. Valor Points, expensive, i496 by equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

Guaranteed loot = no reason to raid past a certain point. Sure, you can replace those players, but the behavior will continue. Giving people boss loot, even with some convoluted token system, is just going to make raiding worse. Anyone who has ever seen a person gquit/quit the game after getting a Legendary should understand where I'm coming from.

WoW is a gear based game.

Sorry, but guaranteed boss loot is not a good idea.
    Because there has never been any loot drama issues that have caused people to quit ?

And do we see people who are extremely lucky and get all the upgrades they care about in the first 4-5 weeks Gquit or quit as well ? The other side of the coin is for someone like me who's gotten the main upgrades items now, I don't mind sitting the first 6 bosses to let someone else come in and get a chance at loot. Off and on, I've gotten to a place where there was nothing left for me to raid for, but I showed up anyways, because after I got all the drop, my goals was to see how high I could rank on world of logs.

Blizzard mostly agrees with you, so I'll have to take their word for it. But I still predict that the MMO world (playerbase) is changing. People aren't going to continue playing purely the treadmill game. MMORPGs need to evolve, playing the game needs to be the focus, not the RNG loot. The company that can figure out how to make that happen will have the new WoW cash cow. Though arguably that game could be already out and called Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    If you're still rocking a 483-486 weapon and you have a lot of gold or you're really good friends with a blacksmith, look into the craftables that should be hitting the market this week.
    Note sure what it looks like on your server, but they are asking 70K for the 476 weapons on my server. Don't know that we have any 502 weapons up yet. Blizzard's statement was only a tiny percentage of people have 50K gold (their reason for the limit on server transfers) so if those prices hold you're selling to folk who probably already have a weapon.

** just checked, looks like Prices have dropped. 50-70K seems to be the going price for the 502 weapons now.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-24 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    If you're still rocking a 483-486 weapon and you have a lot of gold or you're really good friends with a blacksmith, look into the craftables that should be hitting the market this week.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94579
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94580
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94585
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94586
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94591
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94592

Of course there are only 6 of them and a lot of classes aren't covered, but they could be an upgrade.

This has been a commercial announcement from your friendly neighborhood blacksmith.
    Woah, thank you for this. Had no idea there were 502s. Picked one up for a "mere" 45k.
    Screw LFR for refusing me a 2h throughout all of MoP <.<
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    without a doubt weapons should be purchaseable with valor, even if they make it an absurd amount i'd be fine with it. I'm kind of getting tired of my ilvl 483 staff, even after doing every LFR and some normal mode fight every week since LFR came out...also i still have a ilvl 463 healing shield on my holy pally, for like 7 months...

Deleted
    At least we have usable 502 weapons from blacksmithing now. Not for all classes but it's something at least.
    On my huntard I ran normal and then HC progression with a blue gun for 4,5 months (from MOP release to early February when the damn lei shi gun finally dropped)
    Then TOT comes out and I still have my 504 sha touched gun, no ranged weapons seen so far (2 full clears now, about to do third this week)
    At least this 504 ilvl sha touched weapon is kind of good, paired with +660 main stat from Wrathion but there are players that still have some 476 LFR shit equipped (talking about 12/12 TOT and 8+/16 HC T14 players!). Our guildmaster (resto druid) got inscribed jade fan OH at release, he replaced that with 2-handed staff only a week ago. Second healer is STILL using item level 476 off hand, with little hope of ever seeing an upgrade, since the one he needs is on Iron Qon, a Tiertoken boss with only 1 regular item dropping aside of the Tier.

If I'm correct we will have another window of opportunity at good weapons from those daily Heroic Caches, from challenge mode daily and HC scenario. RNG, yes. But 2 chances PER DAY is nice, encouraging people to do more CM's, at least the no-medal completion. I saw weapons on the i516 loot list so it may be good option to fill those shitty RNG spots, because weekly reset RNG can screw you really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    There needs to be some sort of ability be it a vendor or priority with coins on weapon drops as they are for many classes the MOST important piece of gear.

What we DO NOT need is another Sunwell patch vendor, where you got a SW ilvl weapon from running 5 mans and/or Kara.

Current top end weapons are ilvl 522 right and the rep ones are ilvl 476, what we could do with is a compromise of something in-between, possibly 496. Nothing top end and totally OP, but a weapon we can buy if RNG avoids us for too long.
    Not sure what vendor you're talking about.

The Isle of Quel'Danas vendor had weapons that were around BT item level (146) which is eight below an actual boss drop from SWP and eighteen below a Kil'jaeden weapon.

What we DO need is an alternate way to get a current-tier item level weapon. Period. I had a raidfinder Shin'ka until yesterday and I got it from my second LFR Sha of Fear kill ever, which was November last year IIRC - that's ridiculous. My guild may not be a top-shelf heroic guild but we did a few heroic bosses and relentlessly farmed normal T14 and we NEVER had a strength two-hander drop. No normal Shin'ka and no normal or heroic Starshatter for me to upgrade.

So don't be a drama queen. No one ever got a Sunwell Plateau-quality weapon from badges - if you want to complain (for whatever reason, despite my beliefs) about anything from that era, you should be whining about the trash drops. At least people had to work to get a Quel'danas vendor axe or fist or whatever; farming the first few trash pulls was not at all difficult and while I was actively raiding during SWP, even I did trash runs to get the offhand fist weapon.

Also, top-end right now (that is, items that are literally at the "top" of the loot threshold) are heroic thunderforged weapons, sitting at a strong level of 541.

So I'll agree with you - a vendor that gave any player with enough VP or time-invested in non-heroic boss modes a 541 or 535 level weapon would be vastly inappropriate.

Normal ToT isn't exactly pre-nerf Sunwell though; so having vendors that give normal mode raiders with awful luck and casual players a weapon of middle-of-the-pack item level would not be some great cosmos-destroying offense.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Previous tier non heroic sha touched weapons, yes i do. Old content gear being offered from fairly easy fights is ok.

Would like to see 502 weapons from valor, LFR sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    No no no. I don't think you should be able to purchase weapons with valor. If you really need weapons grab PVP weapons. Weapons are probably the biggest upgrade for players I think you should have to work for them to get them. And not just by running heroics.
    For some players like DKs they are huge. Others like prot pallies could be using a darkmoon faire "sword" and it wouldn't matter. For casters, meh, it's important but no big deal.

The fact that weapon damage is so important to DPS for some specs, and that weapon damage scales so steeply with ilevel, is the real problem.

I wouldn't have any problem with there being a reliable means of obtaining a 502 weapon, although having it given away via quest (or whatever) would be just fine. No need to grind 3 weeks of valor.

Deleted
    Don't see an issue as long as weapons are relatively priced well.

What they should do is allow us to buy tokens for VP that function like the "mogu runes of fate" except that when the boss dies, instead of winning loot, a menu pops up that allows you to use one of these coins. They would function by adding an increased % chance of dropping loot on a certain boss, usable once per wing of LFR.

For instance, if you really wanted the weapon from Jinrokh, you kill him, and use a coin. If you normally would normally have a 25% chance of winning an item, the coin would boost it by like, 60% to 85% and you'd more likely win an item from that boss.

This keeps the RNG (initial chance, final chance, and what piece drops) aspect of loot, while giving players a real chance at gearing up with what they need instead of winning 4 different pairs a glove from ToT, Nalaak, and Oondasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    What they should do is allow us to buy tokens for VP that function like the "mogu runes of fate" except that when the boss dies, instead of winning loot, a menu pops up that allows you to use one of these coins. They would function by adding an increased % chance of dropping loot on a certain boss, usable once per wing of LFR.

For instance, if you really wanted the weapon from Jinrokh, you kill him, and use a coin. If you normally would normally have a 25% chance of winning an item, the coin would boost it by like, 60% to 85% and you'd more likely win an item from that boss.

This keeps the RNG (initial chance, final chance, and what piece drops) aspect of loot, while giving players a real chance at gearing up with what they need instead of winning 4 different pairs a glove from ToT, Nalaak, and Oondasta.
    Just increase the % of winning a item each time you only get a bag, not just for coins and make it impossible to get duplicate items you can't make use of unless you already have everything in the loot table.. then it should still be just random with no extra % push, i mean comn this is LFR.. not normal or even hc.. you only get 502 items and 0 mounts in LFR, there really is not much point in giving people in LFR the same chance for loot then in normal/hc.. if you roll in normal/hc you even get a much better item than on LFR.. also chance for thunderforged, there are no thunderforged items you can get on LFR, if you can't raid you are basicly getting screwed over by LFR.. it takes pretty long sometimes and in the end you might get absolutly nothing + wasting all the coins. Might as well drop nothing when the drop chances are so bad, on my character im so freaking unlucky, i ALWAYS get the same items or nothing at all, which makes for ultra slow progress in getting better gear thats a complete joke against normal gear

But to be on topic, there SHOULD be non-crafted LFR ilvl items you can either buy or bosses start to drop a new kind of coin (Get X Coins to get your reward from the vendor, kinda like DS essence) that you can trade in for either a Weapon or a Trinket, both of which are currently the biggest flaw in WoW, i don't see any reasons why Meele should have to waste more valor points than anyone else because it's a weapon they actually NEED to compete, while other classes only need it as stat stick.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-25 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Imo they dont need to add weapons, we need a valor version for shields/offhands

Been stuck with my Umbrella since lvl 85.... Havent found an upgrade or drop even thats better then my umbrella ( its upgraded with JP )

Shields and offhands in general is a Joke considering how many exists in all the raid instances...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay with weapons for VP -if- there was a gating system that prevented people from just buying them up.

Either

1) Make it like Honor/Conquest. You must earn X (10,000? 15,000?) VP this patch before you can buy weapons
    OR
    2) You must have X ilvl (515?) -equipped- (not in inventory) to purchase.

VP weapons ought to be the very last thing you buy with VP. Last resort.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'd be okay with weapons for VP -if- there was a gating system that prevented people from just buying them up.

Either

1) Make it like Honor/Conquest. You must earn X (10,000? 15,000?) VP this patch before you can buy weapons
    OR
    2) You must have X ilvl (515?) -equipped- (not in inventory) to purchase.

VP weapons ought to be the very last thing you buy with VP. Last resort.
    This is solid.

I like the second part especially - makes sure the VP weapon is a "last resort" and the iLevel requirement makes sure the items are (generally) in the hands of the people they're more or less intended for - the poor bastards who have had literally 0 luck with weapon drops.

+1 for that
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Yes, they should be equivalent to normal mode gear, but cost the current valor cap and required exalted reputation.
    That way, you avoid making them dirty easy to buy, and give enough time for equivalent weapons to drop in a raid setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it a tier-long requirement for "Total Valor Earned This Tier" much like Weapons in PVP. Something like 10,000 (10 weeks of capping valor). At that point, not having a Weapon is a feat of poor luck and reasonable. Then, give them matching costs-- 3000 (cap) for a 2-handed weapon, 1500 for 1-hands and offhand frills.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine with them putting up a previous tier's quality weapon on valor vendors. So, if they put up valor weapons tomorrow, they'd be 496 ilvl. Non-sha touched, of course.
    100% agreed, and non-rep-gated, mind you. Hell I'd actually play my alts then. That would actually be.... *gasp*... fun!

Been using the same 483 lfr agi staff since the first week of toes lfr release. And i ended up 7/16hc in t14, so i did empress normal/tsulong normal every week for normal staff or fist weps. Didn't see either one drop.

On the point, yes i would hope that they added weapons for valor. Not the same quality as normal modes, but higher than lfr weapons. So lets say you could buy a 2h sword thats ilvl 510, for like 2500 valor points. That would sound reasonable to me.