Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Meta gem - dps decrease?

Hey guys,

i got my gem today, and the simcraft calculations resulted in a approx 2k dmg decrease.
    eu battle net/wow/de/character/tirion/Vaancleave/advanced (had to remove the dots due to lack of posts )
    W T F?

How is this legendary? I thought that i might be the time to reforge to haste, but mastery is still a whole lot better than Haste.

Do someone have a logical explanation?

The gem did approximatively 4% of my damage, a little bit less.

Greetings,

Vancleave

Player Rabidz has unknown 'gems=' token 'capacitive' at slot head

I got that error, you probably need to manually put it in or download an alpha.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    But is see the procc in the damage done section of the results, so it seem to be working..

Latest simcraft with legendary meta 161.6k with normal meta 156.7k. Lightning strike 3.7% damage done or 6k dps. You might need to update simcraft to a newer version, but using some logic 3.7% extra total damage can never be less then 3% extra on just crits.

Deleted
    Pretty sure simcraft is undervaluing the proc as well. Its average hit in my simcraft breakdown is lower than the proc hits for on a training dummy with no external raid buffs/flask/food. On live the proc works out for me as about 7% of my damage, while simcraft only lists it as 3-4%. Though that is admittedly 520-6, not tried out 520-7 yet.

Edit: closer to 6% on live, but still hits quite a lot harder than 520-6 predicts.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 03:36 PM ----------

After testing I'm 95% sure I've figured out why simcraft's predicted damage for the legendary meta gem proc was significantly lower than my in-game results. Pretty sure it's due to simcraft not applying the 35% smf damage bonus to the proc, while that does get applied in-game. I've submitted a ticket on the issue detailing my testing, so hopefully they'll be able to confirm that's what's wrong and get it fixed soon.

If this is what's wrong, fixing it will bump the SMF t15H profile by 1.19% from 206,947 dps to 209,410 dps.

Further edit: actually simcraft is also simulating deep wounds as being buffed by SMF when on live it isn't, and someone else has submitted a ticket on this issue. This is artificially buffing SMF in simcraft at the moment. With both issues fixed SMF should stay pretty much where it is now.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-04-16 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    This meta proc issue's now been fixed in simcraft, though it's not made it into the latest t15h dps predictions yet. The deep wounds fix is reflected in the t15h chart, resulting in a 3.5kish dps loss, the meta being fixed should mostly cancel that out once new charts are generated. Seasoned soldier for arms also buffs the meta proc despite tooltip saying it only buffs physical damage by the way.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-04-17 at 03:28 PM.

Never trust solely in what a sim says, always test test test and form your own conclusions on things

@ Marsius
    From my own logging and those I've seen on WoL since they reset and it works again... its a 3-5% gain depending on mechanics and should be riiight below Bloodthirst'ish (assuming decent RNG and you can stay on target). FYI I found a great boost for it on fights where you're just running for your life that if you can throw or Heroic Throw (or spit maybe lol) to build and discharge its just as good ranged.

The stacking buff never drops off which is good for switching targets.

Deleted
    Considering brewmaster monk tanks use the dps meta-gem, should we also go for it?
    (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aster-Meta-Gem)

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Considering brewmaster monk tanks use the dps meta-gem, should we also go for it?
    (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aster-Meta-Gem)
    Well they have the added benefit of crit actually being useful. I am not aware how good it procs for prot wars but the damage it deals is flat out ridiculous for tanks because of the vengeance scaling and likely actually deserves to be fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsius View Post
    Hey guys,

i got my gem today, and the simcraft calculations resulted in a approx 2k dmg decrease.
    eu battle net/wow/de/character/tirion/Vaancleave/advanced (had to remove the dots due to lack of posts )
    W T F?

How is this legendary? I thought that i might be the time to reforge to haste, but mastery is still a whole lot better than Haste.

Do someone have a logical explanation?

The gem did approximatively 4% of my damage, a little bit less.

Greetings,

Vancleave
    What you are looking for is not a dps increase, but a QoL improvement.

/theese are not the droids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockren View Post
    What you are looking for is not a dps increase, but a QoL improvement.

/theese are not the droids
    What are you talking about? I don't understand.

Anyway, think about it. From what you posted, how could 3% crit damage be worth less than 4% extra damage?

Why dont they just keep the 3% crit damage increase and add the proc so it must be a dps increase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Why dont they just keep the 3% crit damage increase and add the proc so it must be a dps increase?

It already is a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It already is a DPS increase.
    I would prefer if they kept the 3% and nerfed the proc a bit, pretty sure many other players would agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer if they kept the 3% and nerfed the proc a bit, pretty sure many other players would agree
    Why? If it's the same, what difference does it make. If it's less, it's a nerf. If it's more, it's a buff. If it's a balance issue, I'd prefer they buffed BT and nerfed EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Why? If it's the same, what difference does it make. If it's less, it's a nerf. If it's more, it's a buff. If it's a balance issue, I'd prefer they buffed BT and nerfed EX.
    The proc is RNG after all, sometimes you get 5 stacks in 10 secs sometimes 20 secs?

Deleted
    If you don't need the extra survivability from the tank meta but lack of dps (twins hc is a good example imo) go for the dps meta imo. Over all my logs it did pretty consistently 8% of my damage.

Deleted
    The proc is RNG after all, sometimes you get 5 stacks in 10 secs sometimes 20 secs?
    And sometimes you'll crit lots making that 3% extra crit damage more useful, and sometimes you won't? Playing warrior dps, especially fury, is all about RNG. But the meta performs pretty consistently anyway, what you're suggesting makes little sense.