Thread: H:Tortos 10M

H:Tortos 10M

We will be trying to down Heroic Tortos next reset which will be our 4th Heroic. Ive heard a couple different strats on how to handle the bats but would like some opinions from others on what works best....kiting them the whole fight or killing them in waves like we do on Normal. Our Blood DK is really good for Snapping Bite because he can absorbe A LOT of the damage with a Blood Sheild. But if we were to kite we would have him go Frost to Howling Blast due to Chillbains. Biggest worry is that DK's lack the mobility that a Monk Tank or maybe even a Warrior (shockwave, heroic leap, piercing howl) would have if kiting. Also the DK can't use Deaths Advance cause it's in the same Tier as Chillbains. So what should be do? Have the Warrior kite? The DK kite? Kill each wave? Our comp is as follows......

Prot Warrior/Blood DK
    Disc Priest/Holy Paladin/Resto Druid (Balance if 2 Healed)
    Rogue/Warlock/Mage/Hunter/Shadow Priest

You can just kill the bats too. Just make sure you hit them with a shell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    You can just kill the bats too. Just make sure you hit them with a shell.
    It's what we do, i just tank them, we get a turtle in there and GG.

Deleted
    I'd say kill the bats considering your comp, put your rogue and lock (if he's destro`) on them and maybe have your hunter MD then to the bat tank in start. If lock isn't destro jsut have your hunter full time on them. Also make sure to stun them when tortos is doing quake stomp so they can't pound on your tank while he's down. (Shockwave,Shadowfury should be up for every stomp I guess).

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I've always liked kiting better. Your DK can kite the bats really easily, especially given the fact that you have 2 misdirects. I've heard DKs doing it as frost in unholy or as frost in blood. That said... if any of your players has a monk alt, regardless of its ilvl, you could get it down in 5 pulls using him to kite.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

We have a prot war and had him go mastery to get a lot of blocks on the bats and killed them. Stam builds don't work very well for tanking bats as the crystal basically shouldn't be breaking much. Shell the bats and have 2-3 people aoeing them down, refreshing dots AFTER the shell goes through so you're gettin those big tics. Lust around 25 percent to nuke the last few turtles and finish the set of bats that you have up, then just have your warrior kite the last set or two.

That being said monk/dk are good for kiting, but I have 0 exp with this strat. Only other tip I can offer is that if you have a decent aoe melee toon (like a rogue) you can have them target the boss the entire time while they shred up the bats. Spread out for the stomp after they die so that the rockfall doesn't overlap too much.
    Last edited by AgilityTank; 2013-04-28 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    On our first kill, we had our DK dps kite all the bats, didn't kill them. We just made sure, they were slowed at all times and that the Hunter gave him MD. The DK did kill some of the bats with his diseases etc. but it was all about kiting- He did do some dmg on the boss as well though.

After we lost our DK, we had to use our Prot Warrior to kite. It was harder, since he doesn't have the same amount of slows as the DK and cause we had a dps less available. We've been 2 healing with Disc+Resto Druid.

The thing is, that the DK doesn't need that mobility, if he uses his DnD on the right time, keep his shield up, Warlock slow and Hunter MD. Your setup is honestly quite fine imo.

As soon as people learn to handle the shield properly and the one on kiting duty doesn't fuck up, it's quite easy.