Thread: Mars War Logs

10+ Year Old Account

Mars War Logs

Anyone playing this yet? Thinking about picking it up.

http://mars-warlogs.com/

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Pity there is no demo, the game looks really awesome, but I've made that mistake before.

Hoping TB will do a WTF of it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Pity there is no demo, the game looks really awesome, but I've made that mistake before.

Hoping TB will do a WTF of it.
    I'm in exactly the same boat. Saw it, watched the video, looked at the screen shots then hoped that the Steam forums would make things a bit clearer. Sadly, since it's only just come out there isn't anything, not even any mini-reviews. I'm not sure we'd get a TB WTF of it though, since it's an RPG and he's always saying that he never has the time to finish them, but we'll see.

Looks fun, but i'm not burning money on a shallow, boring, 4 hour long stinker.

Deleted
    never heard of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it was in production without a release date and then suddenly appeared on Steam, seems to have taken most people by suprise. It looks pretty good for £14.99, I'll probably pick it up but will wait for some reviews first.

15+ Year Old Account
    20 dollars for a quality looking game that did not need kickstart? Insta-buy. Game had my eye since last year, it's supposedly short, but it looks like there will be plenty of do with the "RPG" elements. Either way, it's a bargain.

Dunno what's happening, summer sales upcoming? Cause I just bought this, Tomb Raider for 20, and AC:3 for 25 (I love the freeroaming, shh)

it looks a bit like fallout imo.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Deleted
    I started playing it last night; I've only played around an hour so far though so this is literally, first impressions. I like it, but so far the dialogue is very uninspired, the scripting and voice acting are definitely not a strong point and there are a lot more cutscenes than I was expecting. I haven't really reached much combat yet only a few tutorial style fights.... but the combat looks like it's going to have a lot of potential.

The skill system, crafting system and inventory/item upgrades I've seen so far look like they're going to offer some good depth so I just need to have time to get to where the combat really starts going. Mechanics seem solid so far.

Didn't have much time to play last night but I hope to get a few hours in today. Voice acting and cut scenes being low quality isn't the end of the world for me, especially in a budget game, mechanics and gameplay are more important and I get a positive first impression there.