Poll: Do you think it might happen?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I hate the concept of someone having a birthright to a ruling position. One of the things I like about Sylvanas is that the Forsaken themselves have chosen her as their queen. She's essentially a complete foreigner to Lordaeron, she doesn't have any kind of right to the position she holds. She's only there, because it is the will of her subjects.
    It's the primal route of selecting a leader. The alpha male was alpha for a reason and naturally, his offsprings would have his genes and thus be as alpha/powerful as him.

Also, I feel like Sylvanas took leadership of the Forsaken and pretty much forces them to serve her. Any dissenters are put down or brainwashed (Koltira, eg).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It's the primal route of selecting a leader. The alpha male was alpha for a reason and naturally, his offsprings would have his genes and thus be as alpha/powerful as him.

Also, I feel like Sylvanas took leadership of the Forsaken and pretty much forces them to serve her. Any dissenters are put down or brainwashed (Koltira, eg).
    Koltira wasn't a dissenter, he committed treason by disobeying orders during wartime. Any military organization would take disciplinary actions (not to the extent Sylvanas did).

Death Knights aren't seeking the lands of others... they aren't seeking the destruction of every living thing... there is no comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Death Knights aren't seeking the lands of others... they aren't seeking the destruction of every living thing... there is no comparison.
    Then why bring up the fact that Forsaken are undead if it has nothing to do with your argument? DK's in the Alliance are just as undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And why do living need it, they are better of dead instead of suffering from the old god curse.
    Fix your eyes upon your crude hands: the sinew, the soft meat, the dark blood coursing within. It is a weakness; a crippling flaw.... A joke played by the Creators upon their own creations. The sooner you come to accept your condition as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

the forsaken aren't doing those things either lol

their objectives are to secure their lands and to survive. they don't care if living humans exist somewhere where they can't destroy the forsaken. in fact, if the living die out, the forsaken will also eventually die out because they can't reproduce, so the destruction of every living being goes against their goals of surviving against all odds.

the forsaken also don't appear to be invading anyone's lands to stay, outside lordaeron. they invaded arathi to steal a sword, than came back. they also went to hinterlands to research about spider poison, and that's it. gilneas doesn't count because the forsaken wouldn't have attacked it if garrosh hadn't ordered them to do so.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it won't happen.

I bring up land, because the DK's are NOT seeking lands, but reparations (Ebon Hold... is a floating necropolis). The Undead, as in the forsaken, are evil in that they want the destruction of everything living (including lands). It is in every living creatures best interest not to allow the undead land.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the forsaken aren't doing those things either lol

their objectives are to secure their lands and to survive. they don't care if living humans exist somewhere where they can't destroy the forsaken. in fact, if the living die out, the forsaken will also eventually die out because they can't reproduce, so the destruction of every living being goes against their goals of surviving against all odds.

the forsaken also don't appear to be invading anyone's lands to stay, outside lordaeron. they invaded arathi to steal a sword, than came back. they also went to hinterlands to research about spider poison, and that's it. gilneas doesn't count because the forsaken wouldn't have attacked it if garrosh hadn't ordered them to do so.
    Huh? http://www.wowwiki.com/New_Plague

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Do you think that the Alliance will ever attempt to claim Lordaeron again as capitol of the alliance? or do you think that its already too corrupted and will never return to the hands of the living. I feel like if it returned it would be sort of like Silvermoon.
    Almost certainly.

Just not while WoW exists and the Forsaken need it as a home. Right now, its protected by a large dose of plot armour. Once that goes...

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be talking absolute horseshit, but I believe the Alliance should focus on retaking Arathi, Stromgarde, Southshore and all that was lost that is indeed important (think about rebuilding Gilneas, for example). Yes, Lordaeron is important to maybe stay closer to Silvermoon, but I think there is plenty of other territory that can be easily taken/fixed and would not create a war.

I mean, reforcing Gilneas is not just easier, but would generate Forsaken/Horde uprisings... Or do you think the Horde (and specially the rightful owners of the territory, the Forsaken, former Lordaeron Humans) would just "give" Lordaeron, such a interesting territory when you want to get closer to Alliance soil? Lordaeron and Silvermoon are way too important to the Horde to be just thrown away.

And more, if they would come to retake Lordaeron, wtf would they do? It's all rotten in and around it, destroyed by the scourge or by the Forsaken experiments. I believe the rightful owners of Lordaeron are the Forsaken, fallen humans from the Alliance of Lordaeron and now members of the Horde.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

they have a chemical weapon to use against their enemies. the weapon's creator was a traitor that wanted to kill everybody, but he and his buddies were already dealt with. your point?

also, let me guess: you've never rolled an undead toon in your life and never did the forsaken quests, am I correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I bring up land, because the DK's are NOT seeking lands, but reparations (Ebon Hold... is a floating necropolis). The Undead, as in the forsaken, are evil in that they want the destruction of everything living (including lands). It is in every living creatures best interest not to allow the undead land.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 05:01 PM ----------

Huh? http://www.wowwiki.com/New_Plague
    I still fail to see what's wrong with killing living creatures.
    In fact living creatures are responsible for 99% of BS that happens in azeroth.
    Deathwing was living creature and he was evil.
    Arthas was living creature when he purged stratholme
    Thrall is living creature.
    Twillight hammer are living creatures
    Qiraji are living creatures
    See the pattern ? My logic is flawless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I retake my first post back.

I only want to see the Alliance do something if it's Calia Menethil in charge or taking part in a grand chain of events.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they have a chemical weapon to use against their enemies. the weapon's creator was a traitor that wanted to kill everybody, but he and his buddies were already dealt with. your point?

also, let me guess: you've never rolled an undead toon in your life and never did the forsaken quests, am I correct?
    Not sure what being an undead has to do with any of this. I've played through each race starting zone before.

And I quote: "The Horde banned any further use of the Forsaken Blight after the Wrathgate, but Sylvanas had disregarded those orders on two occasions - by using it against the town of Southshore in Hillsbrad Foothills, and intending to do so during the invasion of Gilneas"

"Most, however, have embraced new philosophies of their own creation: the Forgotten Shadow, the Echo of Life, or the simple value of knowledge.[23] Some have even turned to the Burning Legion as a source of power, believing that only it is potent enough to defeat the Lich King.[20] The Cult of Forgotten Shadow is largely based out of Deathknell and the warrior quarter in Undercity.[24] Priests of the Forgotten Shadow believe that the faiths they held in life have failed them, and so they instead rely on the power and teachings of the Shadow.[25][26][27] The members of the Cult vary between lawful and chaotic, evil and neutral,[28] and are taught to eradicate anything having to do with the Holy Light — and life in general."

So... the majority of undead follow this. Some even follow the teachings of the burning legion... say what again?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I still fail to see what's wrong with killing living creatures.
    In fact living creatures are responsible for 99% of BS that happens in azeroth.
    Deathwing was living creature and he was evil.
    Arthas was living creature when he purged stratholme
    Thrall is living creature.
    Twillight hammer are living creatures
    Qiraji are living creatures
    See the pattern ? My logic is flawless.
    Sigh... but not as a whole? Name a whole race that is bent on the destruction of the living?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Most, however, have embraced new philosophies of their own creation: the Forgotten Shadow, the Echo of Life, or the simple value of knowledge.[23] Some have even turned to the Burning Legion as a source of power, believing that only it is potent enough to defeat the Lich King.[20] The Cult of Forgotten Shadow is largely based out of Deathknell and the warrior quarter in Undercity.[24] Priests of the Forgotten Shadow believe that the faiths they held in life have failed them, and so they instead rely on the power and teachings of the Shadow.[25][26][27] The members of the Cult vary between lawful and chaotic, evil and neutral,[28] and are taught to eradicate anything having to do with the Holy Light — and life in general."

So... the majority of undead follow this. Some even follow the teachings of the burning legion... say what again?
    Everything you cited is irrelevant. It's from the RPG and not canon.

Sigh... but not as a whole? Name a whole race that is bent on the destruction of the living?
    Umm ever race in the Burning Legion? They want to destroy everything living or dead.

Never gonna happen... always going to be undead city... to bad cry cry cry!

Some even follow the teachings of the burning legion...
    Even if that wasn't from the RPG, and therefore not necessarily canon, turning to the Burning Legion as a source of power doesn't mean that they follow the Burning Legion's teachings. Warlocks use demonic magic, and enslave demons, in order to gain power.

Not sure what being an undead has to do with any of this. I've played through each race starting zone before.

And I quote: "The Horde banned any further use of the Forsaken Blight after the Wrathgate, but Sylvanas had disregarded those orders on two occasions - by using it against the town of Southshore in Hillsbrad Foothills, and intending to do so during the invasion of Gilneas"
    your point? southshore is in lordaeron and gilneas was ordered by garrosh. the forsaken use their best weapon when they fight against their enemies, that's not surprising.

non-canon.

Deleted
    Lordaeron belongs to the people of Lordaeron, who are now the Forsaken. Where was the Alliance when the plague hit Lordaeron? ...

They are no longer a part of the Alliance just like majority of high (now blood) elves are not. The world has changed, nations were reshaped and if the only people that accepted and helped them are the Horde when they most needed it, why should they join the Alliance?

And people of Lordaeron are not corrupted ... they were changed, but they are still the same people, just with different views than what they had before the plague.