Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm a Brewmaster....

and I love Power Strikes. I tried going with 5k haste and Ascension and will probably go back to it once I finally get my 4 piece bonus, but for right now, Power Strikes just "feels" better.

I love looking at my Shuffle time during a fight and seeing it has gotten up to a 1 minute duration. I know that isn't optimal but it gives me the freedom of not worrying so much about blackout kicks during add phases when I'm running around trying to pick up mobs.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Ragethorn; 2013-05-10 at 01:16 PM.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I get up too 2 min shuffle without it and I am only 2 piece so yeah lol

10+ Year Old Account
    yes , yes you are, out of 8,3mil subscribes only you feel this way.

on a more serious note tho , yes its worth it if you have hard time mastering rotation and panic alot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all preference. Before a certain point (don't recall the exact amount of haste req - 14 ER?), Power Strikes technically gives more chi/min than ascension does. But for people who can keep shuffle up at all times, and especially with the lvl30 talents no longer requiring chi, ascension adds 'fake haste' making the rotation seem smoother.

I personally like power strikes more, but I find - like you have - that it just puts a lot of time into shuffle, which isn't bad, but on a lot of the ToT fights I need that 'fake haste' with ascension for when I might need to spam EH faster if shit hits the fan, or weave in SCK a little tighter. Both are viable; and I'm sure someone else can come in here and give a more detailed breakdown, but ultimately it boils down to preference. It also allows most people to take those stats from haste and put it into crit/mastery depending on their raid size/group.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    It's all preference. Before a certain point (don't recall the exact amount of haste req - 14 ER?), Power Strikes technically gives more chi/min than ascension does. But for people who can keep shuffle up at all times, and especially with the lvl30 talents no longer requiring chi, ascension adds 'fake haste' making the rotation seem smoother.

I personally like power strikes more, but I find - like you have - that it just puts a lot of time into shuffle, which isn't bad, but on a lot of the ToT fights I need that 'fake haste' with ascension for when I might need to spam EH faster if shit hits the fan, or weave in SCK a little tighter. Both are viable; and I'm sure someone else can come in here and give a more detailed breakdown, but ultimately it boils down to preference. It also allows most people to take those stats from haste and put it into crit/mastery depending on their raid size/group.
    Agreed. There are also times when I do healing globes on myself or other raiders to take pressure off healers, and ascension helps this while power strikes does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used Ascension ever since they changed it. Much prefer being able to bank 2 Chi and not have to worry about tracking the proc so I don't waste it. Plus being able to more finely tune your haste rating.

Since someone mentioned a more technical difference PS provides more Chi/min than Ascension than I think about 9150 haste. Considering it only takes 24 Chi/min to fuel Shuffle + Guard you technically don't need either talent to accomplish this. Since L30 talents are free you only need enough extra Chi to fuel Purifying Brew (which is further reduced by the 4P) so picking a choice due to superior Chi generation isn't a very strong argument this tier anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Power strikes seems logical to me for a low haste build. I only use ascension on aoe fights. Eg bat killing on tortos. Horridon if I remember, which I don't.

I don't take it because I need more Chi. I take it because I need more energy. I cannot heal myself with Chi unless we are counting Guard.

Power Strikes is fine to use if you like it. It's more Chi per minute than Ascension at all relevant haste levels (as in, before you get so much haste that you have more Chi than you'd ever need anyway regardless of which talent you take), but it can be a bit more clunky/non-user friendly. I prefer Ascension because it gives me one less thing to worry about, in a class/spec that requires very active management to succeed in. It may be why a lot of Brewmasters prefer it; Power Strikes is a fine choice though, if you like it.

Minor annoying niggle: saying 'am I the only one who feels this way?' is annoying. You are never, EVER the only one. It's impossible. It's a logical fallacy, designed to generate an emotional response. Internet discussions around the world will be better off if this phrase was never uttered again.

Deleted
    I find it totally unusable seeing how it refreshes whenever it feels like and not the 20 seconds stated.
    Seriously I tried making a timer icon for it and not once did the buff appear when it should have.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

Minor annoying niggle: saying 'am I the only one who feels this way?' is annoying. You are never, EVER the only one. It's impossible. It's a logical fallacy, designed to generate an emotional response. Internet discussions around the world will be better off if this phrase was never uttered again.
    Post edited to more accurately convey what I was trying to ask. :P
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.