Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

1-90 Level in One Sitting & Blizzard bans player @ 81lv.

Title tells alot, but I want to include question here also.

Don't take this text too radically, read it smoothly, I still love blizzard cos they keep up doing this game I've been playing for years.

I've been thinking trying to 1-90 one sitting with my girlfriend, actually her idea, and I would'nt like to see get my account banned because of it.
    So, this Rlenk got banned while leveling his toon 1-90 without boas or guild exp. I actually watched him leveling 4-7 and watched him at 81level too, and for sure he wasn't botting.

So Why didin't blizzard send private message to him, and ask "How are you", and check if it's bot, because we are customer, and blizzard should help us.

I don't want to start a war between players and Blizzard or getting banned from forums, but still wanted to bring this thing up, because I really don't want to get banned cos "I didin't chat to anyone :3".

It's like: I would go and buy new car, I pay it to carshop 1000e/month, then they come to me when I've already paid 15000e and say "You must give that car to us for 3 days because you didn't talk in car."

Also there is this one weird thing: Neya did 1-90 with BoAs and Guild Exp in 76hours, but he didin't get banned, and for sure he is alive.

Thanks for reading, also sorry for reading.

Deleted
    Even if you get banned, I can guarantee you that it will get sorted with a simple call at the customer support. I've been hacked, botted on, got perma banned because my credit card payment was rejected and the guys / gals there always did their best to help me out.
    I can just say it, but blizz support is the best I've see so far.
    Just go play the game, if you get banned, make a ticket and call support asap. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelein View Post

So Why didin't blizzard send private message to him, and ask "How are you", and check if it's bot,
    I see people ask this a lot. Blizzard doesn't need to talk to you, watch you, see you, or interact with you at all, to see if you're a bot. That's how players try to identify bots, not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't sit and have a discussion with a potential hacker when they see suspicious activity they shut down and ask questions later He stayed online grinding something that very very few people can do, for all intents and purposes he looked like a bot. In case of mistaken action the bans are immediately reversed.

Think about how ineffective they'd be if they asked hackers
    "hey what's your name"
    "Oh I'm (reads name off account they stole info)"
    "oh, well, what r u doing?"
    "just power leveling"
    "carry on"

not remotely effective.
    To elaborate on this: If a company suspects you of activity that breaks the ToS/EULA they provide, there is no reason to tell you at all. Additionally though, and this comes from my opinion working in the customer service field (sadly, not for Blizzard...), anything to do with any of my services, I want to be the one contacting them to confirm/restore things.

I know with Blizzard it's a bit more reliable cause faking the whole UI system for GM talk is, to my knowledge, impossible. In general though, anything that involves a service I pay for, if I get contacted by someone about my account, I will take the info they give me, call that company back and speak to someone, so I know I got someone directly that DOES work for the company I pay in to, not someone claiming to be. In the case with Blizzard, I call in, verify all my info with them (including product keys if needed) when I call them, not if I were to be contacted BY them.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I would prefer to hit people with "Suspicious activity" thing, like one you get while logging from different computer. So then it's fast, and easy way to make sure there is player behind monitor.

Because it is not botting for 100% sure, but for sure it's suspicious activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, think about it. It's WoW, one who never talks, is most likely a bot. Ofcourse people will talk in this game, so they assume, hey he doesn't talk, hes probably an bot. But, i'd say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't sit and have a discussion with a potential hacker when they see suspicious activity they shut down and ask questions later He stayed online grinding something that very very few people can do, for all intents and purposes he looked like a bot. In case of mistaken action the bans are immediately reversed.

Think about how ineffective they'd be if they asked hackers
    "hey what's your name"
    "Oh I'm (reads name off account they stole info)"
    "oh, well, what r u doing?"
    "just power leveling"
    "carry on"

not remotely effective.
    Sending a message would still check if it's a bot and in some cases GMs ask for secret question which someone who have stolen the acc probably can't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelein View Post
    So Why didin't blizzard send private message to him, and ask "How are you", and check if it's bot, because we are customer, and blizzard should help us.
    There's millions upon millions of people playing at a time. There is no way Blizzard can sit there and individually ask each and every single player (who looks suspect) if they're botting. That is why they have a system in place. It's not the best, but if you're caught in the cross hares and you weren't, as people have said, a simple call will sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Sending a message would still check if it's a bot and in some cases GMs ask for secret question which someone who have stolen the acc probably can't answer.
    That's not a good test, if I had someone msg me ingame and ask me the answer to my secret questions I'd ignore them immediately. Even if it had "Blizz" on the name

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Asking and expecting the answer to a secret question in-game in a chat seems like a horrible idea and really poor security.

ive done 1-60 a few times, but 1-90... jeeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    ive done 1-60 a few times, but 1-90... jeeze.
    Same, 1-60. Easy. But 1 - 90 .... Oh my days

That guy probably just had the right amount of reports. From what you said, he was probably streaming, so his "fans" decided it was time for him to take a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KazWiz View Post
    Because, think about it. It's WoW, one who never talks, is most likely a bot. Ofcourse people will talk in this game, so they assume, hey he doesn't talk, hes probably an bot. But, i'd say go for it.
    Ah, now i know why there're all the anus jokes in /1 . Bots use the most advanced antidetection ever: speaking. GG

Deleted
    Let me point out few more things:

1.There is people who doesn't speak any english, like my girlfriend, she sucks at english. She have studied english for like 7 years at schools, but no, she can't speak even word.

2. Blizzard use their own chat-window, and it clearly make sure they are it's the company when there pop "Game-master wants to chat with you".

3. They don't for sure have time to chat with everyone, so why not lock the account for Suspicious Activity, it's fast? Then if there is bot, he just dc's and nothing happens until player goes to battle.net and visits on email.

GMs aren't allowed to ask anything regarding the account. Password, secret question and all have to be sorted with the real costumer service. GMs are only allowed to sort out things in the game. Also asking questions isn't that good. You can make a bot that filters the chat and will answer to specific word with pre-made answers. If your activity is suspicious they will ban your account just to be sure. If you're innocent you can call them or use their website and your account will get unlocked in under an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, think about it. It's WoW, one who never talks, is most likely a bot.
    Talking doesn't have a whole lot to do with it.... straight from the TOS, "When running, the game may monitor your computer's RAM and/or CPU Processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with WOW". I'm sure the vast majority of botters and cheaters of any kind are caught this way. It also says Blizzard has the right to suspend or terminate an account for any reason or for no reason at all.

Stay in school kids, because it's fun to learn. AND KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Deleted
    He's not a bot. Rlenk is an active streamer on Twitch who has done many 1-90 in one sitting (with many fails tho). This was his first time on the EU, and probably because it's a new account it might be suspicious. I've also talked to him on real ID and offered boosts whenever he may think he needed them

Deleted
    I couldn't answer that...
    :|