Lightbulb What game to play?

So, I got a new video card last week and I am looking for new games to try out.

System Parameters:

• Windows XP
    • Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06 GHz
    • 2,5 GB Ram Memory
    • 1 GB DD3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

List of criterias:

• Good performance
    • Good graphics and beautiful sceneries
    • Interesting gameplay and/or story
    • Preferably multiplayer

List of games I am currently playing:

• World of Warcraft
    • Guild Wars 2
    • Hearthstone
    • Magicka
    • Trine 2

List of games I have played/tried out:

• The Witcher 2
    • Diablo 3
    • Bloody Trapland
    • League of Legends
    • Rising Kingdoms
    • Warcraft 3
    • GTA: Vice City
    • GTA: San Andreas
    • Trine
    • Skyrim
    • Smite
    • Need For Speed (Series)

List of games I have heard about already:

• Magicka 2
    • Trine 3
    • Dragon Age (Series)
    • Mass Effect (Series)
    • Assassin's Creed (Series)
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • DOTA 2
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • Starcraft 2
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Long: WoW is my "home" game. I grew up with it - I've been playing it for 9 years now. And up until now, especially the last 2 expansions, I've been playing it with ridiculous FPS. I used to switch between WoW and LoL every now and then, playing both with 0-15 FPS. Now that I got my new video card... WoW runs with 70+ FPS on lowest graphics and 40+ FPS on ultra. LoL runs with 30+ FPS on highest settings. Trine 2, which my PC ran with 5 FPS on lowest graphics, now runs on my PC with 60 FPS on ultra. I couldn't even run Magicka on my PC back then, now it runs perfectly smooth on highest settings.

I am interested mainly in fantasy/adventure games. I am not a fan of sci-fi or horror/thrillers. I find those extremely boring. I want to play a beautiful game such as Trine 2, Magicka, WoW, Guild Wars 2. However, these 4 games don't really do the trick for me. I've been playing WoW for 9 years now, I've gone through all quests, zones, classes, races, every single aspect of the game - I have explored it. The only thing I haven't done all that much in WoW is PvP but I prefer leveling characters over PvP at max level. When the new WoW expansion comes out, bringing in new zones for me to explore ( I love WoW's graphics more than any other MMO out there ), new music, lore, etc, potentially a new class and/or race(s) - new gameplay to entertain myself with. Guild Wars 2 is a really nice game, I really like it so far. The graphics are quite pretty, I still prefer WoW's cartoonish style ( though the water is a bit better than WoW's ) textures and unrealistic weapons and armor ( though GW2 has 3D armor which evens things out ). The gameplay is quite fun with lots of different options and the true action combat is quite enjoyable, however there is one other drawback... GW2 runs on my PC with 10-20 FPS. In WoW that isn't so bad because the combat isn't that dynamic, but in GW2, it makes a huge difference. I want to play a game that looks good, runs smoothly on my PC and has an enjoyable story, music and/or gameplay.

Magicka and Trine 2 are perfect examples... except, I can't play them multiplayer. Both games run perfectly smooth on my PC on ultra graphics, but when I play multiplayer with my friends, my ping goes crazy. It becomes impossible to play. I can only play those 2 in single player mode which isn't as enjoyable ( which is why I am progressing so slow in both games ). Hearthstone isn't as time consuming as other games and I also play it on my new phone so it can't replace WoW or w/e other game I play during most of my free time at home. And by the way, I tried Skyrim and I really dislike its gameplay so I am not going to play that one for sure. Another game that I am definetely not going to play is the Witcher 2. I tried it as well and the interface and gameplay are so incredibly complicated. Open menu, go to another menu, go to third menu, select an attribute, resume game, fight. Even if you can switch them via some hotkey mid-battle, having to pause the game and browse the menu whenever I need something is really annoying. Dynamic combat is much more enjoyable.

Short: So, please recommend me a game to play ( doesn't have to be from my list above ) that passes my over-the-top criterias xD Preferably a multiplayer game which I could play with my friend, but if the game is good, I'm willing to sacrifice the multiplayer. I'm interested in the MMO, RPG and RTS genres, though if the game matches my other criterias, it's fine if it's not one of these genres. I especially love bright green forests and valleys in games with lots of beautiful rock formations, lakes, rivers and waterfalls. This has the biggest chance to win me over. Anyway, sorry for the wall of text and thanks in advance!

~Silverrendy
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2015-04-30 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    KotoR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher series all have amazing stories, characters, dialogues. KotoR might be a bit outdated, and Witcher 2 you didn't like, you say, but Dragon Age and, especially, Mass Effect is a safe investment, you are almost guaranteed to love them. If you want to pick one single series, go with Mass Effect: start from the first game and play through all 3 - the sequels are essentially continuation of previous games, and skipping one of them, you are going to miss on a lot.

Also, for an RTS, Starcraft 2 has surprisingly good story. Not as good as in Warcraft 3, some would say, but gameplay and inter-mission stuff are some of the best to date.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-04-30 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It doesn't fit your criteria but I would give Dishonored a try as it's one of the best games from last generation. The world is this weird Victorian era mixed with some cyberpunk and just a really good game. Runs really smooth too on weaker PCs. As far as RTS games go then I would give the first Company of Heroes a try alongside Warhammer 40k.

One game that might fit your criteria since I'm the same and love colourful games is Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a mix of WoW and Elder Scrolls style games with a more action based combat system. It's incredibly colourful and just pretty overall. Another one is Torchlight 2 which is a more colourful version of Diablo 3.

Dishonored is the kind of a game that is a complete opposite of what I am looking for :/

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    • Good performance
    • Good graphics and beautiful sceneries
    • Interesting gameplay and/or story

I especially love bright green forests and valleys in games with lots of beautiful rock formations, lakes, rivers and waterfalls.
    Have you played Kingdoms of Amalur? Came out in 2012, super underrated game, has all your preferences in check. Unfortunately single player, but very very solid. Combat is fun as all fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Have you played Kingdoms of Amalur? Came out in 2012, super underrated game, has all your preferences in check. Unfortunately single player, but very very solid. Combat is fun as all fuck.
    Ooh, that's indeed a pretty good suggestion, I will check it out today.

- - - Updated - - -

Just finished the intro of KoA, I must say this game really seems good. And as you said, matches all of my criterias ^^ I'm probably gonna stick with it, though other suggestions are also welcome, I can play more than one game at a time as I've got plenty of free time these days :P