Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Burqa-clad woman kidnaps 5 year old girl from school.

No, this isn't in the Middle East or anywhere you expected.

It happened in Philadelphia.

Honestly when did schools decide respecting one's religion was more important than guaranteeing child safety?

Deleted
    bit of a fail for the school, they should ask for ID if letting the child leave the school with an adult. religion isn't much to do with this it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Honestly when did schools decide respecting one's religion was more important than guaranteeing child safety?
    I don't think people should be walking around with their faces covered in public spaces in the first place. If I walk into a store with a ski mask on, I'm guessing they'll be unimpressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    when did schools decide respecting one's religion was more important than guaranteeing child safety?
    the safety of children is all that matters.
    Hi

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, this isn't in the Middle East or anywhere you expected.

It happened in Philadelphia.

I'm not sure where you are coming up with the "respecting one's religion." What she's wearing, what her religion is, or anything else is irrelevant. It comes down to her not being IDed according to the district policy. The school released a student to an unknown adult. That's the problem here.

Another article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3180782.html

"The woman had said she was taking the girl out to breakfast, according to school officials, who said school policies weren't followed in releasing the girl." Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I'm not sure where you are coming up with the "respecting one's religion." What she's wearing, what her religion is, or anything else is irrelevant. It comes down to her not being IDed according to the district policy. The school released a student to an unknown adult. That's the problem here.

"The woman had said she was taking the girl out to breakfast, according to school officials, who said school policies weren't followed in releasing the girl." Simple as that.
    Why blame those who do not follow policy, when you can make more policy for them to not follow?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post

Seems like it'd be pretty hard to ID someone wearing a burqa. I would think that's the reason the policy wasn't kept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Seems like it'd be pretty hard to ID someone wearing a burqa. I would think that's the reason the policy wasn't kept.
    You think it's easy to obtain an ID of a parent or guardian listed as having permission? You think stealing or forging an ID to match the name is easy?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I don't think people should be walking around with their faces covered in public spaces in the first place. If I walk into a store with a ski mask on, I'm guessing they'll be unimpressed.
    People get mad when I have "SEE ID" on my ATM card and I have my giant biking shades on.

Damn, I was just in Philly over the weekend. The North side (the nice side).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Damn, I was just in Philly over the weekend. The North side (the nice side).
    Glad you got out safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You think it's easy to obtain an ID of a parent or guardian listed as having permission? You think stealing or forging an ID to match the name is easy?
    I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm saying that it's nearly impossible to ID someone if you can't see their face.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    People get mad when I have "SEE ID" on my ATM card and I have my giant biking shades on.
    I don't blame them! I'd actually appreciate it if someone ID'd me a bit more seriously for moderate sized purchases.

Islam sucks.

Religions like that should die already.

I don't get why this "faith" started by some pervert and child molester who touched 9 yr old girls is still around, alive and well.

Infracted, discussing religion is forbidden on these forums.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-04-30 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm saying that it's nearly impossible to ID someone if you can't see their face.
    I'm saying it's very possible to ID their name. Unless you think schools should have a record of faces attached to names on permission slips. An ID of their face is not as relevant as the name on the ID and the permission slip. You do not need an ID with the right face, you need one with the right name.

Now, if you think they should start keeping face ID on file for school records. What will happen if this policy is ignored, just like the name check here? A DNA sample policy?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Islam sucks.

I don't get why this "faith" started by some pervert and child molester who touched 9 yr old girls is still around, alive and well.
    Hey look, the response blaming religion is looking for. Lets give this fellow a hand for succumbing to a stereo type. Bow for the crowd amigo!

I'm saying it's very possible to ID their name. Unless you think schools should have a record of faces attached to names on permission slips. An ID of their face is not as relevant as the name on the ID and the permission slip. You do not need an ID with the right face, you need one with the right name.

Now, if you think they should start keeping face ID on file for school records. What will happen if this policy is ignored, just like the name check here? A DNA sample policy?
    Every time I get ID'd, someone looks at the picture on the ID, then looks up to see if the I'm the person that handed them the ID. If that's the procedure for buying a beer or walking into my workplace, it seems reasonable to have the same procedure for picking up a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to work as a bouncer in a bar. Two women came in with burqas on, not full face covering, but partial. They looked young, so I ID'd them, and asked them to remove the face covering. They did, I verified their age, and we all moved on.

Really wasn't a big deal. Major fail on the part of the school here.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

The bitches who work the desk at schools are the idiots who couldn't cook or clean but ended up married anyway. They're useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Islam sucks.

You do realize that Christianity is like this too right? Just the culture of the actual Christians is vastly different.

Hey look, the response blaming religion is looking for. Lets give this fellow a hand for succumbing to a stereo type. Bow for the crowd amigo!
    Point out the part of my post where I blamed religion or 'a religion' for this exact act. It is obvious that the school is to blame directly atleast rather than religion or any religion for that matter.

My post was simply critique, and not of religion in general but rather of a particular religion.

I just mentioned some uncomfortable facts that evidently struck a nerve with you, despite your best attempts to disguise it with sarcasm.

Either way though, if the world of islam had "moved on" and changed to accomodate modern values and logic we wouldn't have people being hesitant to ask this woman to remove her burqa and be identified properly.

Or rather we won't have people being allowed to enter schools, hospitals and libraries in a full "costume"/disguise just because they call it their religion.

Whats next? I'll be allowed into a toddler school dressed as Pennywise the Clown because my "god" tells me all young men and women must dress as creepy clowns if they wanna get into heaven and recieve 72 cute furry pet cats?

Sad when folks impersonate camel jockey sand niggers because they know americans are fucking terrified of offending them at a government level.