Poll: Who would you vote for?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    There is equal rights, and then there is special treatment, gay people are going for the special treatment, same with feminists.
    Oh be quiet. "Equal but separate" isn't equal. It's going to be Gay Marriage, not Gay Civil Union. Get over yourself.

Deleted
    There is equal rights, and then there is special treatment, gay people are going for the special treatment, same with feminists.
    Homosexuals do not want special treatment, they want to be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Homosexuals do not want special treatment, they want to be equal.
    They are equal.

Definition of the word marriage is the union of a man and a woman, it makes sense to call the union of 2 people of the same sex a different thing.

Suprised you are not complaining about being called homosexuals either.

Like I said you all just want special treatment.

Deleted
    No other option boo! Moster Raving Looney all the way.

If you vote UKIP or BNP you are a clown. Saying that I'm all for someone like Farage to be an MEP, its good to an opposition view in there however wrong it may be.

Deleted
    They are equal.

Definition of the word marriage is the union of a man and a woman, it makes sense to call the union of 2 people of the same sex a different thing.

Suprised you are not complaining about being called homosexuals either.

Like I said you all just want special treatment.
    Separate but equal, I get it.

"All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others".

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at UKIPs policys is leaving me worried. They seem very short-sighted and give the impression they are put forward to hook voters. Short-term fixes to current problems just adds to the long-term issues that people will have to deal with. Some of them seem to be contradictory too;

Support GM foods research and require all imported produce to be labelled so consumers can make informed choices. In the meantime, we will continue to oppose production of GM foods and be open to evolving scientific advice
    Are GM foods really that harmful? Being open to evolving scientific advice seems to be pandering to those who don't agree with an outright opposition of it. How can you be open to evolving scientific advice that may change your opinion if there is no scientific advice that justifies opposing it in the first place?

Actually their entire stance on various subjects seems to be based on an individual in charge of said subject being slightly ignorant about it, then saying "I'll believe what I believe and enact policys based on that belief, but I'm open to proof that I'm wrong. I will, however, ignore all current proof that suggests I'm wrong"

Then there is this little niggly thing...

ceasing all free IVF treatment on the NHS; cutting unecessary waste e.g the destruction of drugs in care homes when residents move on to the next care home or the next world; the pregnancy abortion time limit; compulsory abortion when the foetus is detected as having Downs, Spina Bifida or similar syndrome which, if it is born, could render the child a burden on the state as well as on the family.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-05-05 at 06:47 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Separate but equal, I get it.

"All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others".
    They aren't seperate.

You have the same chances in life as any straight person.

Marriage in Britain has been a religious thing in this country for 100's of years now. All your doing is trying to force peoples religious thought to change and totally intollerent to other peoples beliefs.

IF anything, you are worse than the homophobic people.

Personally I don't give a shit what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't seperate.

Marriage in Britain has been a religious thing in this country for 100's of years now. All your doing is trying to force peoples religious thought to change and totally intollerent to other peoples beliefs.

Marriage is bound by both tradition and laws. If you cannot get married legally then don't you lose out? I'm not too familiar with the difference in the legality involved between a civil union, a full blown marriage, and whatever the UKIP are proposing. As for forcing religious people to change, I think you misunderstand how old marriage is and how much it has changed. It has been a ceremony long before christianity or other 'modern' religions took it over and changed it.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-05-05 at 06:58 PM.
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't seperate.

Marriage for most of our history wasn't a religious concept. I don't see a problem with gay people wanting to use the word "Marriage," it doesn't affect me (or my religion) in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Racist, bigot, and one-issue party sums them up nicely.
    Nice prejudices you have there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Nice prejudices you have there
    Oh you're that poster who ignores all rebuttals and goes on and on with the same tired rhetoric. Have fun at it, I am not going to reply to any of your posts since it is a giant waste of time.

Oh you're that poster who ignores all rebuttals and goes on and on with the same tired rhetoric. Have fun at it, I am not going to reply to any of your posts since it is a giant waste of time.
    You really have a problem with all your prejudices against people who doesn't support mass immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't seperate.

You are aware that the right to marry a person of the same sex would then apply to straight people as well, right? They still wouldn't be getting special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Marriage is bound by both tradition and laws. If you cannot get married legally then don't you lose out? I'm not too familiar with the difference in the legality involved between a civil union, a full blown marriage, and whatever the UKIP are proposing. As for forcing religious people to change, I think you misunderstand how old marriage is and how much it has changed. It has been a ceremony long before christianity or other 'modern' religions took it over and changed it.
    So why don't they not call it marriage, call it a civil union, give the same rights and benefits as a married couple, and people can still loosely use the term "marriage" to describe it? I can understand that couples want to have that "final step" in a relationship, but what the hell is the difference if they take that route? Religious people keep their sacred thing marriage and gays still get what they want out of it. That way you can grow old together and hate each other too! Just like a real marriage!

Also, can someone explain to me why some gay men have an odd pitch to their voice? It's something I have never been able to understand and can never get a straight answer on. It sounds forced and unnatural to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really have a problem with all your prejudices against people who doesn't support mass immigration.
    Any neutral party here can go and check the other topic where you ignored anyone with actual rebuttal through out the topic.

Deleted
    Didn't get to vote in my area but would have been for Labour or Communist party.

Any neutral party here can go and check the other topic where you ignored anyone with actual rebuttal through out the topic.
    No, I didn't? What did I ignore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    So why don't they not call it marriage, call it a civil union, give the same rights and benefits as a married couple, and people can still loosely use the term "marriage" to describe it? I can understand that couples want to have that "final step" in a relationship, but what the hell is the difference if they take that route? Religious people keep their sacred thing marriage and gays still get what they want out of it. That way you can grow old together and hate each other too! Just like a real marriage!

Also, can someone explain to me why some gay men have an odd pitch to their voice? It's something I have never been able to understand and can never get a straight answer on. It sounds forced and unnatural to me.
    I believe the people opposed to gay marriage/union are also against the rights and benefits that union entails. Marriage isn't strictly a religious thing either, so there is no thing to really keep as it doesn't really belong to them at all. Marriage ceremonies pre-date pretty much all religions.

As for the voice thing; there's still some study about why a gay mans voice is different, but not all gay people sound that way, and not all straight people sound 'straight'. I think the best answer is "because that is just the way it is for some people"

Is that all you see in UKIP? Have you took the time to read their other policies and consider how horrible some of them could be?
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-05-05 at 09:48 PM.
    My Brand!

Always makes me laugh when people get really butthurt about what another party thinks. It's all im getting from this thread, people bitching and moaning about how somebody else might think.

Believe it or not this is a free country, and people can dislike black people and gays and speak there mind about it aslong as they don't act upon it by activily targetting these communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always makes me laugh when people get really butthurt about what another party thinks. It's all im getting from this thread, people bitching and moaning about how somebody else might think.

Believe it or not this is a free country, and people can dislike black people and gays and speak there mind about it aslong as they don't act upon it by activily targetting these communities.
    Do you think a party with racist policies isn't going to actually do all or some of the stuff they say they're going to do if they win?

A random person on the street being intolerant has the right to be that way, but a party leader or party member actively trying to win power with the same mindset as that random person on the speech isn't just thinking or talking about intolerant views. They will enact them. That is why they're actually trying to win power in an election.
    My Brand!