Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just make the 65% baseline resil only apply in instanced PvP. Keep resil on PvP gear.
    There, the whole issue of PvE gear trumping PvP in WPvP is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    1. PvP gear will get weaker (not weaker as but compared to before) compared to PvE gear then it is right now. Losing 33% of the PvP effectiveness, with PvE gear gaining 25% resilience for free and so on.
    2. PvE gear will reign supreme in World PvP. Without the item ceiling 522 (530) PvE gear will destroy PvP gear in World PvP.
    3. Aside from the item ceiling none of these changes favor PvP players or PvP gear. For example the PvP gem nerf (and resilience) doesn't do anything to adress the problem of extra sockets on PvP gear. Since the players will all just end up using main stats (or the most favorable other stat) and will just have some additional gems of that.
    1. They are letting PvE players not get destroyed in random BGs. So what? No one will take you seriously in an RBG group if you're wearing full PvE gear, and you won't get anywhere in high level arena with PvE gear. You seem to not want PvErs in your random BGs which is an asinine ideology.

2. True world PvP hasn't existed since BC. Unless you're talking about ganking, which is completely separate. PvP outside of instanced zones is never going to be balanced and spending any development time on it is a waste.

3. It tones down burst, which the entire point of the patch. Gemming main stats isn't going to give you significant damage boost over gemming PvP power (as now gemming PvP power gives you a damage boost over gemming main stats). Go on the PTR and try it out.

Also, it's cute you reported my post. Sorry for hurting your feelings.
    Last edited by Lumast; 2013-05-03 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    For example, you must have learned about all the glad titles I have, or how you will never be as good as I am. Oh wait, I don't post that because I don't care to wave epeens, but for you I'll make an exception.
    That's funny because the armoury isn't showing glad on any of your chars.

Anyway, I'm sure Blizzard know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    That's funny because the armoury isn't showing glad on any of your chars.

Anyway, I'm sure Blizzard know what they're doing.
    It's funny you think you can find my characters. Or did you find the Rogue I leveled to play with a RL friend? Or maybe the Mage I leveled to play with another friend? My glad character isn't even 90. You guys are too funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow you are dumber than I thought. Good job looking at my 36 forum posts, you must have learned a lot. For example, you must have learned about all the glad titles I have, or how you will never be as good as I am. Oh wait, I don't post that because I don't care to wave epeens, but for you I'll make an exception.

Back on topic, for some reason you seem to think PvP gear has all it's PvP power cut in half too? Maybe you never learned how to read. A PvE geared player will tickle compared to a PvP geared player. Have fun inside that little fantasy inside your head.

This is the only thing in the thread I agree with. However, like other people pointed out, wPvP has been dead for awhile now.

EDIT

Actually after reading your forum posts, it's clear you have absolutely no idea what's going on in 5.3 so I'm done responding.
    keep posting and trying to spin this anyway you like.the bottom line is pvp gear is getting nerfed and pve gear will get stronger,its that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still tweaking all the numbers, and the best way to do that is 1 part at a time. PvP power scaling, then it's the pvp gems. Next step I think is increasing the PvP power stat on pvp gear itself, not by a huge margin probably around 15~20% at most. That way PvP will still beat the living crap out of PvE gear for the most part but not to the extent where the gear gap is as big as it is on live right now.

However with numbers sitting as they are 5.3 is going to be a mass re-gem for a lot of pvpers (myself included).

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    keep posting and trying to spin this anyway you like.the bottom line is pvp gear is getting nerfed and pve gear will get stronger,its that simple.
    The bottom line is you're making it seem like PvE gear > PvP gear which simply will never be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Another stupid change. Just remove pvp power from the game already and put pvp gear back on par with normal raiding gear primary stats.
    This is exactly right. They are promoting PvP for raiders, but the item levels are growing SO far apart that PvPers can't even come close to doing PvE.

By next season, the ilvl gap could be 60-80 levels at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    They're still tweaking all the numbers, and the best way to do that is 1 part at a time. PvP power scaling, then it's the pvp gems. Next step I think is increasing the PvP power stat on pvp gear itself, not by a huge margin probably around 15~20% at most. That way PvP will still beat the living crap out of PvE gear for the most part but not to the extent where the gear gap is as big as it is on live right now.

However with numbers sitting as they are 5.3 is going to be a mass re-gem for a lot of pvpers (myself included).
    They already did that when removing resilience from gear, I doubt they'll increase it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    They already did that when removing resilience from gear, I doubt they'll increase it again.
    They only changed the 4 peice of 1k resil to 1k power. At least that's the only power buff I remember happening at that time, am I forgetting something? 1k isn't that much power now being it's only 2.5% damage. So I still think or at the very least hope that they will give some power buff to pvp gear to push pvp gear a little more ahead of the raid counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bottom line is you're making it seem like PvE gear > PvP gear which simply will never be the case.
    That's just ignorant to stupid.

On PTR, gemmed STR, as human with dual trinkets, I have 38.7% pvp power, remove weapon, 23.22%, remove trinkets, 15.64%.

496 pvp chest:
    1063 STR
    1835 Stam
    655 crit
    489 haste
    326 mastery
    488 pvp power
    2 sockets

541 Raid Chest Carapace of the Core
    1620 str
    2790 stam
    1157 crit
    1059 haste
    3 Sockets

The pve gear seems to have 50% more stats on it. You really think that is not going to make up for a 15.64% loss in PvP power.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That's just ignorant to stupid.

On PTR, gemmed STR, as human with dual trinkets, I have 38.7% pvp power, remove weapon, 23.22%, remove trinkets, 15.64%.

496 pvp chest:
    1063 STR
    1835 Stam
    655 crit
    489 haste
    326 mastery
    488 pvp power
    2 sockets

541 Raid Chest Carapace of the Core
    1620 str
    2790 stam
    1157 crit
    1059 haste
    3 Sockets

The pve gear seems to have 50% more stats on it. You really think that is not going to make up for a 15.64% loss in PvP power.
    In an arena or BG/RBG that chest will only be i496 though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    In an arena or BG/RBG that chest will only be i496 though...
    Yes, this was in regards to posts about it in World pvp.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    With the new gem changes ( See front page), there's absolutely no point to stack PvP Power.
    I'm really really starting to struggle on how these apparent changes are supposed to make pvp gear better than heroic raiding gear is of pvp.... its a really really small margin at best. It just appears that blizzard is forcing pvpers to raid again, just like they always have.

As it stands, I'm thinking you are going to see lots of pve off set items to boost preferable stats in pvp gear, like blood dks with pve mastery boots, or fire mages with crit pve bracers. You will probably also see a lot of primary stat stacking on classes like warriors, rogues and hunters, since you will get more effective damage out of stacking your primary stat than you will get out of pvp power. This also may lead to the return of stam stacking tanks.

With some of the other changes though, with the nerf of pve trinkets in pvp, I cant help but feel their are more changes to come, because what we have seen is completely illogical. Nerfing pve trinkets for pvp? then nerfing pvp stats as whole so that you will better off picking up pve items as a offset. Also this gear gating system for rbgs, arenas, and bgs? None of it makes any since. We must be missing pretty vital info at this point
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-05-03 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yes, this was in regards to posts about it in World pvp.
    I wish you all would stop talking about world PvP like it actually matters. This change doesn't effect real PvP at all.

Hey Lumast you talk about pve gear in terms of damage being so bad in such a manner as if the pve gear doesnt have better dmg dealing 4 set bonuses? Alot of classes pve 4 set dps bonuses will probably be better than 1k pvp power as it will stand in the next patch will it not? And shall we not get started on the healing 4 set bonuses?

Does this mean rogues are going to go full agi again?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I don't know that there's really a point to PvP gear period after 5.3

My Mage lost a considerable amount of Spell Power/important sub-stats all so that he could gem for PvP power and Resilience. However, with the HARD unnecessary nerf to PvP power coming, that low spell power will be like tickling them.

With 65% as a base resilience, I'm not sure there's a point to not be PvE geared in PvP. PvP gear substantially lowers AP/SP by a huge margin but the way to make it up for that was via PvP Power.

However, going down to 256 per 1% or something stupid like that is unacceptable and I can't imagine the brains behind that change or what they were thinking. I'm not sure what the purpose of owning PvP gear will even be once the patch hits.
    its 400 pvp power for 1% in 5.3

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    People way overthinking world pvp.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Does this mean rogues are going to go full agi again?
    Well, I hope so, but as long as we still don't have patch 5.3 I can't really say.