Thread: Black Desert

Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone here has a spare guestpass I'd be really happy to use it :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh such a let down to know that there's no raiding, dungeons or other harder end game content in this game Can't imagine a MMO without it, especially if you despise PVP.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh such a let down to know that there's no raiding, dungeons or other harder end game content in this game Can't imagine a MMO without it, especially if you despise PVP.
    Combine it with WoW like me. Its really cool , i do my pve in WoW then log on bdo to do what WoW doesent offer atm. sadly cant have both ont he same game, but since bdo doesen't have sub price its nice

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Yeah. EvE is so bad. Have only been out and flourished since 2003.

Games is a form of art. Not everyone have the same taste. Something that one person likes another person will dislike. Games does not have to cater to everyone and that is okay. The developers create the art they want to make and the people that enjoy what they offer will buy it. Not every fantasy movie is the same, sometimes there are deviations and there will be people that enjoys those as well. Everyone does not have to enjoy everything, it is okay to not like something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Combine it with WoW like me. Its really cool , i do my pve in WoW then log on bdo to do what WoW doesent offer atm. sadly cant have both ont he same game, but since bdo doesen't have sub price its nice
    The thing is that when you have raiding in a game the developers feels forced to offer the best gear from those raids to make them exclusive and to give incentive for them. That means that any player that only plays to get the best gear will feel that all the other content "doesnt exist because it is not something that gives me anything".
    What Black Desert offers is that gear is centered around ingame currency. Currency you can get from every form of activity in the game pretty much. Which means that for those who feel that endgame and character progression is tied to gear, they can get their gear from any activity in the game.

So if people who paid $100 have been playing the game for 3 days already, why the heck have they pushed back the release time twice now. I'm hoping this launch isn't a disaster.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So if people who paid $100 have been playing the game for 3 days already, why the heck have they pushed back the release time twice now. I'm hoping this launch isn't a disaster.
    Because multiple things like the cash shop was not in the game with the headstart, and its better for them to get everything fixed before opening the gate because there will be more probably people today than all the past 3 days together trying to log on. Be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    People looking for "endgame" typically mean they are looking for raids/dungeons (possibly instanced) and structured and rated PvP (also possibly instanced) with clearly defined reward progression. I don't understand this mindset. Why look for the exact same gameplay loop in every RPG? If this continues to happ n the MMORPG genre will never advance. People complain that they don't want anymore WoW clones then complain when there is no raiding, etc. Lookng for the essentially the same game time and time again but with a different skin is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    People looking for "endgame" typically mean they are looking for raids/dungeons (possibly instanced) and structured and rated PvP (also possibly instanced) with clearly defined reward progression. I don't understand this mindset. Why look for the exact same gameplay loop in every RPG?
    Because that's the appeal of RPGs for most people. You start out a nobody, you get more and more powerful and finally one day you'll be able to tackle the hardest bosses the game has to offer. It really isn't a MMORPG thing either, it's the same in single player RPGs too and in all honesty it's the same with pen & paper RPGs.

Must be one of the most immersive mmos to date, small things like the pet hawk chilling on your shoulder really adds upp.

People looking for "endgame" typically mean they are looking for raids/dungeons (possibly instanced) and structured and rated PvP (also possibly instanced) with clearly defined reward progression. I don't understand this mindset. Why look for the exact same gameplay loop in every RPG? If this continues to happ n the MMORPG genre will never advance. People complain that they don't want anymore WoW clones then complain when there is no raiding, etc. Lookng for the essentially the same game time and time again but with a different skin is madness.
    That's basically like asking why people want game modes with their shooters.

You can't have actual challenging pve or fair / balanced pvp in a purely open world game. If I want to do more than just zerg down huge target dummies (world bosses) or have fair skill based pvp, it has to be instanced by necessity.

You can't create and tune a proper boss encounter when you can have anywhere between 1 and server cap people attacking it. With all kinds of variables like the people attacking it eventually declaring war on each other and attacking each other. The same goes for pvp, there is nothing balanced or fair about world pvp in any game its ever been in. Especially in a game like BDO where its gear based instead of skill based.

Hence why people want instanced content, the pure open world method only really works in single player RPG's because you don't have to worry about anyone besides the 1 player. For MMO's it only works if you want mindless content.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Because that's the appeal of RPGs for most people. You start out a nobody, you get more and more powerful and finally one day you'll be able to tackle the hardest bosses the game has to offer. It really isn't a MMORPG thing either, it's the same in single player RPGs too and in all honesty it's the same with pen & paper RPGs.
    And lots of different games that aren't RPGs, dare I say most games? Even though you don't deal with character levels, you still get more powerful as the game progresses so you can better handle the increased difficulty.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    And lots of different games that aren't RPGs, dare I say most games? Even though you don't deal with character levels, you still get more powerful as the game progresses so you can better handle the increased difficulty.
    There is no increased difficulty, hence peoples frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's basically like asking why people want game modes with their shooters.

You can't have actual challenging pve or fair / balanced pvp in a purely open world game. If I want to do more than just zerg down huge target dummies (world bosses) or have fair skill based pvp, it has to be instanced by necessity.

You can't create and tune a proper boss encounter when you can have anywhere between 1 and server cap people attacking it. With all kinds of variables like the people attacking it eventually declaring war on each other and attacking each other. The same goes for pvp, there is nothing balanced or fair about world pvp in any game its ever been in. Especially in a game like BDO where its gear based instead of skill based.

Hence why people want instanced content, the pure open world method only really works in single player RPG's because you don't have to worry about anyone besides the 1 player. For MMO's it only works if you want mindless content.
    But that's kind of my point, isn't it? If you want a game with those kinds of systems there are countless examples available to play right now. People want something different but then complain that it's too different. I'm not saying BDO is better or more advanced than a theme park MMORPG, it's just different, and criticizing it for not having an endgame model similar to games which are many years old seems silly.

Deleted
    so glad im going back to work in 10 mins.. delaying the launch for 3 hours, now the forums have crashed. lol so much chaos

But that's kind of my point, isn't it? If you want a game with those kinds of systems there are countless examples available to play right now. People want something different but then complain that it's too different. I'm not saying BDO is better or more advanced than a theme park MMORPG, it's just different, and criticizing it for not having an endgame model similar to games which are many years old seems silly.
    Amen to this, BDO is exatly what I was looking for in a MMO. There are plenty of others options for me if I ever want to raid or do instanced dungeons.

On another note, 1 h extended according to their twitter :

Black Desert Online
    ‏@BDO_News

One extra hour of maintenance is needed to fix one remaining issue. We thank your for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Have they had any content patches in Korea so we know what to expect once we've pimped out or character from the launch content?

BDO isn't really... unique though, if you took instanced content and flying out of wow you'd have largely the same experience. World pvp is entirely unfair in open world wow and completely gear based instead of skill based. People used to just converge / zerg on a single point in the world prior to instances for pvp. World bosses just got zerged down by massive groups and were fairly trivial, and mobs in the world are just aoe farmed.

BDO doesn't have something new or innovative (besides the graphics), all of its systems are just the cliche stuff you'd have seen in an mmo 10-15+ years ago without any of the innovation that happened over the years. They basically just took insanely dated design philosophies and packaged them in insanely good art and forgot to make any content after the leveling content.

I'm not sure where the appeal is in that, and if you're like me you got really excited at the combat and really wanted to sink your teeth into it... only to find out that there's no content in the entire game that actually lets you do that. That doesn't mean that I necessarily wanted verbatim wow raids and dungeons, but I did want something challenging and fair. Which again requires instancing by necessity.

This game could very easily go from *eh* to amazing for someone who wants what I want in a game, without taking away anything away from what people who like the game as is enjoy. All that takes is for them to put challenging instanced pve content, and instanced pvp content somewhere in the world. They wouldn't have to change anything about the world, and I should still have to travel to that dungeon or what have you just like the open world ones they have... they just need to prevent other people from interfering and make the content itself actually challenging instead of one of the worst mob AI's in recent mmo history. Really nothing about the game would change for people who don't care about that content, it doesn't have to give better gear or anything... it just has to have appropriate challenge in a fair environment.

Exactly. I'd say "go back to <random established MMO name here>", but that wouldn't be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    BDO isn't really... unique though, if you took instanced content and flying out of wow you'd have largely the same experience. World pvp is entirely unfair in open world wow and completely gear based instead of skill based. People used to just converge / zerg on a single point in the world prior to instances for pvp. World bosses just got zerged down by massive groups and were fairly trivial, and mobs in the world are just aoe farmed.

BDO doesn't have something new or innovative (besides the graphics), all of its systems are just the cliche stuff you'd have seen in an mmo 10-15+ years ago without any of the innovation that happened over the years. They basically just took insanely dated design philosophies and packaged them in insanely good art and forgot to make any content after the leveling content.

I'm not sure where the appeal is in that, and if you're like me you got really excited at the combat and really wanted to sink your teeth into it... only to find out that there's no content in the entire game that actually lets you do that. That doesn't mean that I necessarily wanted verbatim wow raids and dungeons, but I did want something challenging and fair. Which again requires instancing by necessity.

This game could very easily go from *eh* to amazing for someone who wants what I want in a game, without taking away anything away from what people who like the game as is enjoy. All that takes is for them to put challenging instanced pve content, and instanced pvp content somewhere in the world. They wouldn't have to change anything about the world, and I should still have to travel to that dungeon or what have you just like the open world ones they have... they just need to prevent other people from interfering and make the content itself actually challenging instead of one of the worst mob AI's in recent mmo history. Really nothing about the game would change for people who don't care about that content, it doesn't have to give better gear or anything... it just has to have appropriate challenge in a fair environment.
    You don't really have to convince me of anything. Your feelings are completely valid. I'm not currently playing BDO. I might after launch insanity has calmed down and reviews have come out, but my beta experience let me know I'm not interested right now. Animations felt a bit janky and the voice acting is absolutely atrocious. Lore and story are important in RPG's for me and if I want to skip the dialog, I can't get invested. Even if the quests don't give XP and the main focus is the life dim/sandbox element, those quests are there for context and I can't back shit voice acting. It kills any immersion. I'd rather have text for quests than shit voice acting.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask for this, but if someone could spare a 7 day trial I'd appreciate it