Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Brawler's guild rank 8 bosses

Anyone got any tips for doing these as a monk? 511 equipped windwalker with a brewmaster OS (just using my WW gear)

Closest I've gotten any of em so far is Sharkosaur, where it was just a fucked up interrupt which stopped me kiling him. The others tho... yeesh. Millhouse is basically "pray the first few sets of crystals all spawn close enough together that you can tank them both at the same time" - not had that luck yet so best go has been 54% berserk (still miles off tbh). Disruptron just seems to be completely ridiculous as melee and the eye thing I just need to practice more at - keep making silly fuckups with the eyebeams.

Anyone got any pro monk centric tips for these guys?

When you get to disruptron just /cry in a corner as you can't beat it. Something is funky with his beams even when I jump over them I get hit and that pretty much makes it impossible.

Deleted
    I haven't gotten all of them yet, but I had Zen'shar and didn't have any problems with enrage timer, it was just tricky to dodge the beams - finding a patter in phase 2. I will be going back for the others but the queue is always so long

10+ Year Old Account
    millhouse is an RNG fight (so much for skill bosses eh blizz?) because you need to get lucky with crystal spawns, as a general rule of thumb (from what i've observed/experienced) you want the first 2 sets of crystals to hit you, if they don't you wont get stacks quick enough to get him down

epicus and Zeh'shar i think you probably just need practise, altho it can be tricky to predict the eye beams

i havent seen anyone beat disruption since they got rid of the levitate bug, im pretty sure that fight needs to be remade or removed :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently rank 8 (as of now no rare boss died ^^). Do I have to defeat all those 4 bosses (millhouse, disruptron, etc) first and after that I am eligible to level up to rank 9&10?

I really want the mushan mount but those four rank 8 bosses are a real brickwall for me as elemental....so are they optional or mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Anyone got any pro monk centric tips for these guys?
    Well, sounds like you pretty much have Epicus Maximus down (run around in a circle away from his lazer beam, stay out of sound aoe and interrupt him when he does the splash).

As for Millhouse, you do need a bit of luck with the crystal spawns. I think a good idea would be to get a macro that casts Crackling Jade Lightning at the crystals (I used Chi-wave, but chi-wave does a shit load of damage, so you want to save it for hurting him).

(my PTT button is a bit awkward to push while DPSing, that's why you don't hear much from me)

I haven't really given Disruptron a good go for a while, but you have to get the jumping spot on. One thing that might help is to use EW&F because you won't always be on him (as you should be focusing on jumping over the beams), so you should be able to get some DPS on him with a clone up.

Zen'shar is easy DPS wise, you just need to avoid the beams. I think I followed a beam around and moved with beams if they were going to intersect, but I can't really remember as I did that one months ago (and didn't get to record it).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Oh I forgot to say, as for Zen'shar in phase 2, turn your camera down so you get a top-down view of the lasers so you can see their pattern movements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    When you get to disruptron just /cry in a corner as you can't beat it. Something is funky with his beams even when I jump over them I get hit and that pretty much makes it impossible.
    He's far from impossible seeing as I killed him 2 weeks ago, you just have to be extremely careful with the beams now as they were 'raised' I guess to fix the levitate exploit, Dampen Harm is king here as well, put it up just before your pre-pot and it will let you survive 3 laser hits (will be available again for the soft enrage).

Zen'shar is a joke as WW, can be done at 490 (perhaps lower), just SCK the eyes down asap and avoid the beams.

Epicus is a simple gear check, I'd say 500+ at least, the beam moves too slowly to really be an issue just make sure you watch your feet for the rings and iirc they're physical damage so Diffuse won't save you, I may have used Dampen here but can't remember, Blue Crush is cast almost immediately after the laser beam ends so if you miss the interrupt you're not paying enough attention.

Millhouse if a mixture of gear check and RnG, iirc took me till about 504 before I could kill it and required the first 2 sets of totems to be close enough for me to soak them all, more gear removes some of the RnG obviously but good starting totems is pretty much the entire fight.

Oh and killing the totems powering Millhouse up before you hit 90+ stacks is top priority, you want him to be as weak as possible at around the time you hit 100 so you can pop everything and just tunnel him for the remainder of the fight.

/cast [@mouseover] Spinning Fire Blossom

Use that macro to gib the totems you don't need, takes a few stacks till you can 1 shot them but it's a massive dps gain over switching targets all fight long.

EDIT: for the guy that asked rank 8 and 9 in 5.3 are full of brand new bosses which you can fight after beating rank 7 and the current rank 8 bosses are moved to rank 10.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-05-05 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I've had that fight a couple of times and I get what you mean about the beams feeling weird. I've tried to just practise jumping the beams and I still get hit when it doesn't look like I am.

I did epicus and the eye the first week brawlers guild was out with a roughly 490 Ilvl. Went back when 5.2 hit just under 520 and did millhouse with my storm wind tele cloak on, which put me around 488, only getting to soak 1 crystal at a time until I hit 100 stacks, I simply ignored the other ones and let him get to about 80 stacks. I then killed disruptron with about a 522 in one attempt a couple weeks later, just make sure to save a potion, tiger eye stacks x20 and xuen for the last 40 seconds of the fight. I ended the fight sitting in a zen med and letting xuen kill him just to not risk the death. This was in BrM gear, not WW gear.

Let's see if I can shed some insight on this. I have spent hours upon hours at the brawler's guild on my monk and DK, even have all 4 kills on my monk (disruptron took 100 pulls). For me, the easiest by -far- is Zen'shar. The reason to this is because people seem to want to overcomplicate this fight, but they forget that Zen'shar has a blind spot! The best example I can give is by the horde arena. When you fight Zen'shar, he hovers above a line between two iron grates. This line is your friend. If you -never- leave this line, and just avoid his gaze, the beams can't ever hit you there.

If you're just after the brawler title, Zen'shar is your best bet. He's beatable at low ilevel (I did that kill around ilevel 480 ~ with an upgraded LFR staff before 5.2)
    What you want to do before engaging to maximise your gain is the following= Make sure you have 20 TeB stacks before entering a fight. This is a MASSIVE help. If you can, spend some time building chi before you enter too. Otherwise, the fight is pretty simple and straightforward. AoE the adds and strafe up and down the safe line. Since adds take up a good portion of this fight, jade wind isn't a bad idea to take instead of Xuen simply because you'll kill the adds so much faster. Blow teb on them too.
    Other than that, just stay in the line and it'll make this fight a piece of cake.

Milhouse is RNG. And that's it. Don't get lucky with the beams? Tough luck, try again. Simple as :c

Epicus is pretty easy as long as you just circle around him. Then it just comes down to keeping dps up.

Disruptron is almost impossible UNLESS you get some enormous RNG working in your favor. Horde arena is currently bugged so that when you try to jump lasers when you're on the iron grates, you'll get hit by the lasers anyway (they are fixing this in 5.3). Basicly, you need to have the luck that he doesn't run off the raised parts and that's it. What you want to do is put a slow on him and immobilise slow him when he's threatening to run a wrong direction. Leg sweep + FoF is worth gold here too. This fight is all about keeping him in a good place, but not too close to the center either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I've had that fight a couple of times and I get what you mean about the beams feeling weird. I've tried to just practise jumping the beams and I still get hit when it doesn't look like I am.
    Disruptron as melee in the Horde Arena is madness because of the 2 grates on the ground. they are lower than the normal ground which makes jumping over lasers there almost impossible.
    To get a kill on him you have to hope that he doesn't walk onto the grates or at least doesn't set up camp there like he does for me all the time. also, you can only pray that he doesn't walk into the center when the 30% phase starts because guess what - grates on both sides ...

If you can, do it on an alliance char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    Disruptron as melee in the Horde Arena is madness because of the 2 grates on the ground. they are lower than the normal ground which makes jumping over lasers there almost impossible.
    To get a kill on him you have to hope that he doesn't walk onto the grates or at least doesn't set up camp there like he does for me all the time. also, you can only pray that he doesn't walk into the center when the 30% phase starts because guess what - grates on both sides ...

Meh, one of those silly bugs Blizzard cba to fix then

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    EDIT: for the guy that asked rank 8 and 9 in 5.3 are full of brand new bosses which you can fight after beating rank 7 and the current rank 8 bosses are moved to rank 10.
    Source for where that was said?
    Last edited by Jellypaw; 2013-05-06 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post

Wow, that's ridiculous. I thought it was because of my latency ("oceanic" servers) but this also makes sense. I'm not sure how they expect us to kill it.

I think Brawler's guild has a lot of potential, but the one shot mechanics are absolutely horrid.

One shot mechanics are NOT fun. I think the fights could be more memorable and exciting, and more people would participate, if they weren't worried about a lag spike from time to time. As it stands right now, it's pretty unforgiving for people with bad ISPs.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2013-05-06 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    As it stands right now, it's pretty unforgiving for people with bad ISPs.
    I think the one shot mechanics are what makes the brawler's guild fun, though. If all the fights just slowly whittled you down it wouldn't be nearly as exciting, they'd just be boring dps checks. With one shot mechanics, you have to stay on your toes at all times and be pretty focused, which makes it much more fun imo. The only fight I'd say is too unforgiving is disruption. Having to follow him around, jump over lasers, and dodge the turret's fire is just a little too much.

As for the people with bad ISPs thing, that affects way more than just the brawler's guild.

Deleted
    btw, if there's no queue time you can stack up 20 tigereye brew on a dummy and quickly get to brawlers guild and do the fight starting out with 20 stacks, helps if you can't make enrages add rune of reorigination for extra effect :>

Zen'Sharr: Easiest fight, aoe eyes and do damage - no secrets here

Epicus: Run in circles and kick blue crush, pretty easy

Milhouse: RNG depending on your gear, just need the first ~5 totems to all hit you and it's a kill

Disruption: Pick up leg sweep, use disable once and it will auto refresh on him. Only use FoF and Leg Sweep to interrupt his cast that stuns. You really want to hold your dampen harm + karma until sub 25% for the final burn when everything is activated. It's not easy but it's doable.

They raised the beams height on Disruption to stop levitate from cheesing it so you need good jumps - I did it on 240ms. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I think Brawler's guild has a lot of potential, but the one shot mechanics are absolutely horrid.

One shot mechanics are NOT fun. I think the fights could be more memorable and exciting, and more people would participate, if they weren't worried about a lag spike from time to time. As it stands right now, it's pretty unforgiving for people with bad ISPs.
    In most cases as well Melee have it a lot harder than the ranged classes - think that's something Blizzard should take into consideration for the next ranks.