Deleted

Primordius 25 HC up-to-date strategy

As we have killed the first 6 bosses on 25HC, I've decided for our next target to be Primordius 25 HC. Since I like to go in prepared I have looked up a fair bit of kill videos. The main issue I see at the moment is that a lot of the kill videos are showing (cheesy) strategies that I believe are no longer working. One such strategy is the 'ignore all small adds and nuke boss through the then 25% dmg reduction' which was hotfixed two-three weeks ago.

Another strategy that seems to be commonly portrayed in kill videos is players getting transformed, then, with 30s left on the 5 buffs, they loose one buff (I believe a healer dispels one beneficial buff, not entirely sure how this works), quickly kill one small add and enjoy full 2 minute transformation. I could be mistaken but I believe this tactic of loosing one beneficial buff is also hotfixed?

Hence my question: what strategy are people currently using to defeat this encounter? Any hints / tips that people are willing to share? The old tactics were using 3 tanks but I'm under the assumption that with the hotfixes you likely need all the dps you can bring. My first thought would hence be 2 tanks and 6 to 7 healers.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumbo View Post
    I could be mistaken but I believe this tactic of loosing one beneficial buff is also hotfixed?
    yeah i believe this has been fixed & was unintentional.
    Hi

You could - can no longer - MD only 1 beneficial buff with the Moonkin MD gained by Symbiosis, but it doesn't dispel anything now since the fix.

Our tactic: 3 Tanks to avoid rnd wipes via Add Explosion, 5 (6) multidotters assigned to 5 lanes only killing blobs for stacks, everyone doing the first 5 "waves" of blobs (everyone but the multidotters assigned to the other 5 lanes obv), then BL and burst the boss after 2 minutes into the fight (eveyone should now be at 5 stacks). Multidotters do the big adds + small adds and don't ever go on the boss.

We handled it the exact same way as normal except used 3 tanks.

We kept both debuffs running on the 2 MT and used the 3rd tank to pickup the new black oozes or taunt oozes so the MTs can do a switch on the boss.

We had some people people on the oozes (small and black) pretty much fulltime and it worked out really well for us.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u9...?s=5977&e=6427

Assign a couple of multi dotters to keep killing oozes all the fight, rest of dpsers kill them aswell (3 per lane, 1 buff per ooze) until they are mutated...a couple of other rangeds to help the viscous horror ooze when tanks have issues killing them. bloodlust at the 6th ooze wave (since most people will be mutated), win. Don't blindly dispel if they have debuff and are already mutated... you need to see if the harmful debuff is 'worth' dispelling if u have 5 positive ones already cos 5 new ooze droppings might be invaluable at that point... ie. if the positive ones outweigh the negative ones, don't dispell.

At around 15%, ignore oozes and everyone dps boss.

Pretty easy and straightforward boss to be honest...

Logs in case it might help. Killed it for the first time this week, so gear should be 'similar'

add -> we leave a couple of multi dotters on the blobs for both those issues. They fully mutate asap (usually they're done on the 2nd wave of blobs) so less blobs reach the boss (keep moving to the ones spawning the further away from the boss), and also to have plenty of pools on the ground for the following mutations on the rest of the raid.

Also, healers can stay at 4 positive buffs, the fully mutated won't help them. And when those 4 buffs are near an end, just grab the 5th one, and the timer on the others will refresh, saving a couple of pools for the dpsers.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2013-05-04 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Is the reason you have some dps fulltime on blobs (I am assuming you let them mutate too) to not let the boss gain energy quickly or to always have 'good' buff pools available for people to take? Or simply because that way others never need to touch the big dark oozes and need only be worried about the boss?

Will have a look at the linked logs now.

Quote Originally Posted by rumbo View Post
    Is the reason you have some dps fulltime on blobs (I am assuming you let them mutate too) to not let the boss gain energy quickly or to always have 'good' buff pools available for people to take? Or simply because that way others never need to touch the big dark oozes and need only be worried about the boss?

Will have a look at the linked logs now.
    All 3.

Less little oozes so less energy to the boss and less kiting.
    The melee/other ranged/tanks can get transformed very fast since there will be puddles on the ground already.

On our kill the tanks and multidotters accounted for like 95% of the damage on the black oozes.

There is actually a second fix you can't neglect to mention.

Warlock immolate was bugged and doing absolutely insane damage. A trio of destro warlocks could solo the room (which means more damage on boss, less on slime duty).

In watching the video, check they aren't making it look easier than it is to kill bloods, by having like half as many people on them as their needs to be post-fix.

I would strongly suggest you 2 tank it also. It significantly eases healing and gains DPS. We experimented with a 3rd tank for a while and found him mostly superfluous. The only major difference is for a few "key" black oozes that come out within 15s of a required tank swamp, you need to have 2-3 DPS blow it up real fast, which is no big deal.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2013-05-04 at 09:41 PM.