Poll: Should we ignore the loss of freedom and liberty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

Without meaning to be rude... you really, really suck at interpretation. You're twisting the meaning of his comment completely out of context. Take off the tin foil hat, and quickly.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'd like you to show your impartial study that 'fox news has more content' than the other news networks. I'm not sure what you consider 'content', either. Is fearmongering and bullshitting content? Is Hannity or the Mad Money guy or ... whats his face that got kicked off fox news and might be facing jail time for his gold buying scheme..., are those content? Or are you just saying fox news has less commercial time than the other networks?
    I asked a question. See that question mark at the end of the sentence? Yeah, that means I was asking if he knew if that was the case, since I seemed to remember it having been a story. It wasn't making any argument in either way.

IIRC, no Hannity, etc are not considered news content. They are considered opinion shows.

[e] Shit, I can't type. There was no question mark and now I feel like an idiot. =p It was intended to be a question though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    arctic daishi is having a field day with you guys
    I'm pretty sure everyone who is posting here is enjoying this. I don't think many of these folks are masochist. No offense meant to those who are.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    his actions speak louder then his words, he has signed more executive orders then all other presidents combined
    he has kept few promisses and always is saying one thing but doing another

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse that Obama. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE BUDGET AND TO THE UNITED STATES!!!

I'm being silly. Don't hurt me mods

his actions speak louder then his words, he has signed more executive orders then all other presidents combined

No he hasn't. The presidents before him have done much more.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I asked a question. See that question mark at the end of the sentence? Yeah, that means I was asking if he knew if that was the case, since I seemed to remember it having been a story. It wasn't making any argument in either way.

IIRC, no Hannity, etc are not considered news content. They are considered opinion shows.
    Wasn't there a study that anyone who disagrees with me is a pedophile? I think I remember reading a study...

Seriously though. If you don't have an actual study that supports what you are saying, don't go alluding to such a thing. I would honestly like to see such a study done and see what they consider content or not.

10+ Year Old Account

How do you know the study you are asking a question about, does not include Hannity?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Yeah, it really is defending Stalin from being an idiot. How do you justify defending Stalin when he is called an idiot, not the same as defending Stalin? Lets not forget, what you are doing is claiming Roosevelt was as much an idiot as Stalin, in a thread that has nothing to do with Roosevelt.
    So what if it is. Stalin wasn't an idiot. People who claim their enemies were morons, lunatics or monsters miss the fact that they were normal people. That their idiocy, madness or cruelty was not some massive deviation from the norm, they were just better at it or had more opportunities to carry it out.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    Uhm... that asanine assertation has already been argued against... damn I wanted another a word. Oh well.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wasn't there a study that anyone who disagrees with me is a pedophile? I think I remember reading a study...

Seriously though. If you don't have an actual study that supports what you are saying, don't go alluding to such a thing. I would honestly like to see such a study done and see what they consider content or not.
    Here is a Forbes article on it. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...hannel-by-far/

It was a quick Google search and I haven't read through it entirely. I was close. FN has 1% less, but the post might have been about having more news content that MSNBC. Like I said, it was a question and not a statement.

How do you know the study you are asking a question about, does not include Hannity?
    IIRC means that I'm not sure, but I recall it being as such.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2013-05-07 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So what if it is. Stalin wasn't an idiot. People who claim their enemies were morons, lunatics or monsters miss the fact that they were normal people. That their idiocy, madness or cruelty was not some massive deviation from the norm, they were just better at it or had more opportunities to carry it out.
    Other than being off topic... I would call someone who kills off thousands of scientist, artists, mathematicians and teachers because he was paranoid, an idiot. Him being an idiot could be due to being paranoid. Which is also why he signed a treaty with Germany, to only be ransacked and not be taken over not due to capability, but luck. He was also one of the few healthy members of a comity that created Israel, in a way that we pay for to this day. How can you not call him an idiot? Because a footstool at speeches, really made Russians believe he was taller? (Hint, it didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Curse that Obama. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE BUDGET AND TO THE UNITED STATES!!!

I'm being silly. Don't hurt me mods

I feel you had an Obi-wan moment here.. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.
    I think I found my new sig.

Since when is it bad to have opposing viewpoints and counter arguments. I seem to recall 6 years ago it was cool to criticize the president, burn him or hang him in effigy. Yet now if you simply say I disagree you get accused of "gumming up the works." If someones argument is dumb, crazy or uninformed then counter their argument and show everyone why it is. Don't go running away from the argument crying about how someone disagrees with you.

Disagreement is vital for a true and free society. Right and Left should be fighting for the idea that everyone has a voice and it should be heard whether you agree with it or not.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other than being off topic... I would call someone who kills off thousands of scientist, artists, mathematicians and teachers because he was paranoid, an idiot. Him being an idiot could be due to being paranoid. Which is also why he signed a treaty with Germany, to only be ransacked and not be taken over not due to capability, but luck. He was also one of the few healthy members of a comity that created Israel, in a way that we pay for to this day. How can you not call him an idiot? Because a footstool at speeches, really made Russians believe he was taller? (Hint, it didn't)
    You're missing my point entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you look at his executive orders, they are extraordinarily low, and less than some of the more recent presidents preceding him, including Clinton.

In before Executive Actions and Executive Directives.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you had an Obi-wan moment here.. lol

Well done sir.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-05-07 at 04:05 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a Forbes article on it. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...hannel-by-far/

It was a quick Google search and I haven't read through it entirely. I was close. FN has 1% less, but the post might have been about having more news content that MSNBC. Like I said, it was a question and not a statement..
    That link is not about content.

IIRC means that I'm not sure, but I recall it being as such.
    You are sure enough to post it though? Can we discuss it based on you being the one to introduce the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Interesting fact: in the same time period that support for gun rights has been increasing, the proportion of household and personal gun ownership has been dropping significantly.

Beg the question moar.

America has the highest number of firearms per capita in the world, and some of the most permissive gun laws, and it has four times the homicide rate of almost every other industrialised nation.
    America also has Lil Wayne and Jay-Z. Coincidence? I think not.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh give it up with this freedom and tyranny stuff. I used to be a principled Libertarian, and from there an anarchist...then I become really disillusioned and hold to no school of though at all, preferring not to limit myself with labels. Self-interested, free-spirited, and morally neutral basically. Whatever you want to call that, idc.

You know what I've found after countless discussions and debates with people? The majority WANT security, they WANT certainty, and lastly they WANT that gilded cage. No one wants liberty or freedom! Those things are too scary and people may do things I don't like/approve of! People will run rampant (ignoring the fact that statists and politicians ALREADY run rampant)! Give the people a steady job, their TV, and their cheap beer and they don't care about "freedom". They don't care about what crime the state inflicts on their neighbors...as long as it doesn't happen TO THEM. Hell, those fools probably deserved it.

Keep your head down. If you've done nothing wrong, then you've nothing to fear and thus have no right to protest being searched or monitored. The mantra of the herd.