Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Diablo 2 would like a word.
    So would your sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Pretty stark contrast to older fps where playing the game itself was fun enough to do it for hours on end with essentially no extracurricular reward.
    Oh please blizzard bring it all back. make it vanilla again. you only lost 2 million in mists trying to do exactly that.

Deleted
    And the game will wind up seeing sub losses because of it. This game doesn't do any single game element particularly well enough to compete with the countless other and certainly less expensive options out there. The trend towards a single player experience wrapped in a multiplayer lobby (which is what MoP most certainly is for 95% of the content) is going to be a disaster.
    I completely agree.

Although i would argue that raiding in Wow is still ahead of everyone else. They also still have the largest community overall which must count for something.

Pretty much every other aspect of MMO gaming other games do it better in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So would your sub fee.
    I'm still playing

I'm still playing
    You're paying a monthly sub for D2? The point I was making has apparently flown past you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're paying a monthly sub for D2? The point I was making has apparently flown past you.
    When your aim is so poor that tends to happen. try again and please be lucid.

Deleted
    yes and so do they. that's why they are leaving. the goal of the developers will and should be to stop them from leaving and if at all possible to bring some of them back. not sure if either is possible. Optomistic about it. We'll see.
    So all the people who wanted pandas in the game and the same people who wanted everything for no effort left.

The game will be better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They belong wherever they fit and the author decides. Warcraft is such place, a place of high fantasy and anthropomorphic races.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 06:14 PM ----------

It's Garian that says it is, not me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 06:15 PM ----------

Which is exactly what is happening and the reason of this thread.

I said: "no one in their right mind associates pandas with medieval fantasy or conflict".

And I also said that WoW had medieval fantasy roots but was high fantasy combined with steampunk. But I am willing to bet that WoW's medieval fantasy roots are more popular than obese talking pandas telling us to lay down our arms and group hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    So all the people who wanted pandas in the game and the same people who wanted everything for no effort left.

The game will be better off without them.
    No they are not. Their is no relationship between those two things other than in your head. Furthermore you have no proof of a relationship of those two things. Again this game could be about demon fucking large breasted witches and it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't be casual friendly. Pandas are just a skin.

In your mind I"m sure you feel the game would be better off with less players. I don't think the developers have come to that point yet or maybe they have?

Deleted
    Whats to say all those who wanted everything for no effort r the ones who still remain?

But I am willing to bet that WoW's medieval fantasy roots are more popular than obese talking pandas telling us to lay down our arms and group hug.
    Yip

Elder Scrolls online is obviously medieval fantasy heavy, its obvious alot of current Wow players will check it out for that reason alone.

but not INSTANT REWARD. The kid playing CoD is playing Cod because his two hours of cod he gets another lvl or weapon out of it. The kid playing wow isn't getting jack shit out of his two hours. That's why mists isn't casual versus actual casual games. Actually you can play cod non casually to. But that's besides the point. Lot's of people play cod hardcore.
    Bolded the key part there, which I'm guessing most will gloss over. That's why I stopped playing PVE for the first time since Burning Crusade. I log in for 1-2 hours and if it's spent grinding dailies or running queues, I log off with nothing. At least if I spent those 2 hours watching a movie, I would have been entertained

Deleted
    Oh please blizzard bring it all back. make it vanilla again. you only lost 2 million in mists trying to do exactly that.
    WTF lol you can say a lot of things about mists, but claiming that it is sort of a ressurection of vanilla is kinda dilussional.

If mists was a resurrection of vanilla we would have 50 levels more it would have taken 3 months to get to top level.
    we would have people waiting in some harbor waiting for the ship to take them to another continent to go to a dungeon.
    we would have 40 man raids.
    12 hour alterac valley battles.
    People farming runecloth to push rep for the mounts of other races.
    tyrs hand gold farming
    And 10 man strat, scholo and ubrs runs.

Deleted
    No they are not. Their is no relationship between those two things other than in your head. Furthermore you have no proof of a relationship of those two things. Again this game could be about demon fucking large breasted witches and it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't be casual friendly. Pandas are just a skin.

In your mind I"m sure you feel the game would be better off with less players. I don't think the developers have come to that point yet or maybe they have?
    WoW would be better off with less players if they are real gamers. Blizz only cater to the majority remember? That's all you people seem to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Whats to say all those who wanted everything for no effort r the ones who still remain?
    Then we will have to let the "casuals" have WoW and find something else.

I'm sure the Blizzard dev team will love making The Pastures of Cowlandia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    WTF lol you can say a lot of things about mists, but claiming that it is sort of a ressurection of vanilla is kinda dilussional.

If mists was a resurrection of vanilla we would have 50 levels more it would have taken 3 months to get to top level.
    we would have people waiting in some harbor waiting for the ship to take them to another continent to go to a dungeon.
    we would have 40 man raids.
    12 hour alterac valley battles.
    People farming runecloth to push rep for the mounts of other races.
    tyrs hand gold farming
    And 10 man strat, scholo and ubrs runs.
    I don't claim it's a ressurection of vanilla. I claim it's casual unfrinedly and they lost subs over it and any further making the game more hardcore will just lose more. I agree it's not vanilla that's why i said they ONLY lost 2 million with mists. Giving in to the demand to regress this game any further will just make it worse.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 06:43 PM ----------

WoW would be better off with less players if they are real gamers. Blizz only cater to the majority remember? That's all you people seem to care about.

For Blizzard the distinction "real gamer" is totally and utterly fucking meaningless. It is a term empty of all meaning.

Deleted
    Your posts are full of contradiction that I don't know where to start. First you start saying that people are leaving because of pandas (no connection, cite sources) and because of "casual" (wrong, Blizzard itself said that casual are the ones less engaging the game), yet at the same time you are telling that the game would be better off without those players. Where do you stand then?

Blizzard, at the end of the day, cares about one thing only, how to slow down the inevitable subscription drain until Titan is out. For the looks of it, they are more concerned with the casual players, according to their own words.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-05-11 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your posts are full of contradiction that I don't know where to start. First you start saying that people are leaving because of pandas (no connection, cite sources) and because of "casual" (wrong, Blizzard itself said that casual are the ones less engaging the game), yet at the same time you are telling that the game would be better off without those players. Where do you stand then?

Blizzard, at the end of the day, cares about one thing only, how to slow down the inevitable subscription drain until Titan is out. For the looks of it, they are more concerned with the casual players, according to their own words.
    But the daming thing is that their actions fail to reflect this. I'm not sure if it's because they are actually assholes who hate casual gamers or they just have no clue. Maybe they're like the joker in batman. They keep chasing after cars and wouldn't know what to do with one if they got it.

Deleted
    I don't claim it's a ressurection of vanilla. I claim it's casual unfrinedly and they lost subs over it and any further making the game more hardcore will just lose more. I agree it's not vanilla that's why i said they ONLY lost 2 million with mists. Giving in to the demand to regress this game any further will just make it worse.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 06:43 PM ----------

For Blizzard the distinction "real gamer" is totally and utterly fucking meaningless.
    No sorry. Mop lost subs cause it is, how can I put it....

---NOT well done---

Not because it was too/less casual/hardcore.
    No one gives a fuck is the game is more/less casual/hardcore. You're overrating their value. The game can be both in its current state.
    People care about quality. And whatever disillusioned people say, mop its not a good expansion. It stands out and it will keep standing out like a sore thumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No sorry. Mop lost subs cause it is, how can I put it....

---NOT well done---

Not because it was too/less casual/hardcore.
    No one gives a fuck is the game is more/less casual/hardcore. You're overrating their value. The game can be both in its current state.
    People care about quality. And whatever disillusioned people say, mop its not a good expansion. It stands out and it will keep standing out like a sore thumb.
    Well it wasn't well done and I'll agree to that but they said it themselves casuals were less engaged. Don't have to take my word for it.

Deleted

WoW would be better off without players who want everything for no effort.

If they make the game even more casual it will lose even more players.

If Blizzard make the game more accessible but more social and rewarding at the same time they will lose less players.

Talking pandas are not something that you associate with a fantasy game. Pandas create the impression that WoW is a children's game. If you don't believe that that has driven people away then you are living in a fantasy world of your own.

Do you really want the game to become even more "casual"? Even if that's best for the game is that what you personally want? Are you ok with Blizzard destroying a great game as long as they make money? Really?

Deleted
    But the daming thing is that their actions fail to reflect this. I'm not sure if it's because they are actually assholes who hate casual gamers or they just have no clue. Maybe they're like the joker in batman. They keep chasing after cars and wouldn't know what to do with one if they got it.
    It's very simple. WoW is, for the worst of it, home of several gaming groups. If you appeal one instead of other, the latter will leave. And Blizzard tried to do that these past here.

But something changed now, they finally came out and accepted that no matter what they do, they WILL lose subs. So, for now on, they will have no problems in cutting ties with some player base, all we need to see is which.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very simple. WoW is, for the worst of it, home of several gaming groups. If you appeal one instead of other, the latter will leave. And Blizzard tried to do that these past here.

But something changed now, they finally came out and accepted that no matter what they do, they WILL lose subs. So, for now on, they will have no problems in cutting ties with some player base, all we need to see is which.
    But they routinely appeal to the smallest of these groups. It makes absolutely no sense. They "gave" casual players with one hand but really took away with the other and offered them less than they had before. All in favor to sate some very small minorities with apparent huge voices and influence.

How and when did they accept no matter what they do they will lose subs? Where did you read this? I haven't read it? You know this community has alot of fatalism and I hope the developers don't read it. It would be depressing to know even the people who ostensible are your fans and are defending you don't also believe in your ability to grow the game again. What I read suggested they were going to redouble their efforst in the game. I never hear the developers talk about it being to "old" or any of the usual canned crap that get's thrown around here.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-11 at 07:00 PM.