Need new motherboard - intel core i7 860 cpu

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my crappy motherboard. I admit I've never known much about mobos (until these past weeks anyway, I've read so much my head is spinning). But there's just TOO MUCH. I just don't know anymore I realize my cpu is somewhat ancient, so I don't really want to spend too much money on a motherboard I'll end up replacing because I'll need a new cpu. I'm looking at a price ranged up until 150 euro tops, but preferably not more than 100 if possible.

Now, from what I gathered, I'm looking for a motherboard with LGA 1156 socket (correct me if wrong, please, teach me!): CPU is an intel core i7 860 and GPU is a Geforce GTX 560 TI. I'm running Windows 7 as of now but may well upgrade to 8 (and may be forced to, if my current windows is somehow linked to my current mobo).

What I need in my mobo:
    - I must be able to overclock (CPU, GPU). This is crucial.
    - I'd like a minimum of 3 USB ports, preferably USB3.
    - It needs DDR3, obviously, preferably a couple of slots, a minimum of 4 or so. I currently have 8GB, and may upgrade to 16 or so at some point.
    - In the event I'm getting new HDD/SSD, it would be nice that it has the proper SATA for it, but I'm not sure those come on older mobos like these. I currently have 2 harddisks. (I realize it's backwards compatible but still..)
    - I really rather not have a mini motherboard.
    - I don't have any other specific requirements. Obviously a network card, whatever that's called in English but that's probably all default.I don't care for onboard graphic cards either.
    - Anything else I've missed or you think is important! All input and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

edit: extra bonus question, is there any reason why there's no standard for the CPU slots?
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-15 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my crappy motherboard.
    You should first take a look from local stores to see what's even available. Newegg sells exactly one cheap-ass BioStar Socket 1156 board, UK Amazon has exactly one ridiculously expensive top of the line EVGA board for over 300€.

Your best bet is eBay if money is tight, but really you should ditch the five years old tech and build something new, upgrading it with more RAM and SATA3 SSDs and stuff like that is just putting the patient into life support when it falls into coma.

- I'd like a minimum of 3 USB ports, preferably USB3.
    USB3 is too new, not gonna be in any socket 1156 board.

- In the event I'm getting new HDD/SSD, it would be nice that it has the proper SATA for it, but I'm not sure those come on older mobos like these.
    SATA2 is common enough in socket1156 boards, SATA3 too new and not present.

edit: extra bonus question, is there any reason why there's no standard for the CPU slots?
    Because some engineer in some meeting goes "I have this great idea for new thing we could add into the next processor, all it needs is this one small change to the motherboard...".

if my current windows is somehow linked to my current mobo
    Depends on how/where you got it from.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'm willing to import from everywhere, including ebay, so availability shouldn't be a big issue.

I will definitely consider getting a new cpu and I already looked around but the thing is, I have a marriage coming up in 1 month and I can assure you all my money gets funneled to that. :< That's why I was looking for a not too expensive temp solution at least until end of the year. I do need the upgrade soon though because it affects my performance in 25s, and it's currently just not satisfactory. I went back to vanilla UI and it improved a lot but it sucks.

I've actually seen boards with USB3, though they're pretty rare, that's why I mentioned.. If it's impossible, then it's impossible.

I do need the upgrade soon though because it affects my performance in 25s, and it's currently just not satisfactory.
    You really need new processor + mobo then, adding more RAM or SSD wont do a thing.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Since you're willing to do secondhand, http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-P7P55D-..._se_p_t_1_X9G8

Though I would also suggest waiting to get a new, more current motherboard/CPU.