Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    you don't appear to be too big on reading comprehension either.

Or you could not be rude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or you could not be rude.
    You're right, that was rude. You deserve an apology. I'm sorry.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    You know nothing of the argument against the administrations actions, I've demonstrated that clearly, and yet you say there's nothing substantive to the argument. That's not a very thoughtful position to hold.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 12:00 AM ----------

Nothing in my post could possibly be seen to constitute hostility. Not only are you uninformed as to key personnel at the state department, you don't appear to be too big on reading comprehension either.
    No hostility sensed here. I would tell yourself the same thing I told myself a long time ago. That is, don't be a willing slave to your own ideology. Develop opposing media sources for your decision making. Read them all, balance them out and come to a opinion.

If the discussion has devolved into the names of state dept appointees,, then I am out. )
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    The hostility has passed. Just move on. No grudges here. Seriously
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    No hostility sensed here. I would tell yourself the same thing I told myself a long time ago. That is, don't be a willing slave to your own ideology. Develop opposing media sources for your decision making. Read them all, balance them out and come to a opinion.

If the discussion has devolved into the names of state dept appointees,, then I am out. )
    We should all be granted a free mirror. Maybe a choice of a handheld or wall-mounted model.

That said, I intentionally look at different news sources. Every day. Righty, lefty, American, foreign, everything. And the only ones that have made this a big deal are well-known lunatic fringe righty sights (Drudge Report and whatever random articles he digs up, along with Fox pundits, mainly).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    We should all be granted a free mirror. Maybe a choice of a handheld or wall-mounted model.

That said, I intentionally look at different news sources. Every day. Righty, lefty, American, foreign, everything. And the only ones that have made this a big deal are well-known lunatic fringe righty sights (Drudge Report and whatever random articles he digs up, along with Fox pundits, mainly).
    It's news and thus should belong on any news site, but the temper tantrums do seem isolated to right wing mouthpieces.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

To be news something has to be current. Benghazi stopped being current many months ago, dispite the best efforts of Fox. Now we just have more guys taking a 3rd shot with still nothing to go on. Frankly this is as much news as the Jodi Arias Trial, there are more important things happening in government that should be getting coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    benghazi was part of the FSA training programme wasnt it? arms and training delivered to the same people who probably attacked the embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    benghazi was part of the FSA training programme wasnt it? arms and training delivered to the same people who probably attacked the embassy.
    Federal Student Aid?

(Kidding. My more advanced search had the first hit as "10 facts even the whistleblowers didn't reveal" and the second hit had "mrconservative.com" as the url. Yup.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The biggest thing I got out of the hearing was that clinton spoke to the hicks dude the night of the attack and knew at that point it was a terrorist attack and still went on to say it was the video at the return of the bodies ceremony. Thats still pretty unsettling to me she appears to have lied for some reason at someones request.

Shifting blame to the video really didn't help Obama before the election Im still not sure why it was done. Its not like it was Obamas fault there was a terrorist attack in the first place. The whole thing just doesn't make any sense still to this day.
    Last edited by Shennanigans; 2013-05-10 at 11:16 AM.

for those wanting one of the Benghazi interviews... http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Looks pretty much the same as the findings for previous strikes.. embassy didnt pick up any signs of a threat, they asked for some more people but didnt press it hard, state department lost shit in the jumble, and people died because of inefficient government processes

Should hillary be punished? no. Should Obama? hell no. Should a republican? no. But every single senior member of the state department including the president should walk up to each dead american's surviving family members and thank them for their service, and apologize for letting the government fail them.

Governments screw up, but that does not mean they are exempt from taking responsibility even when they didnt screw up. Obama is the president, he is the final word in regards to government actions, so he at the very least should take the responsibility for the events, even though he is not to blame. He is the man in charge and the boss is always ultimately responsible for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Governments screw up, but that does not mean they are exempt from taking responsibility even when they didnt screw up. Obama is the president, he is the final word in regards to government actions, so he at the very least should take the responsibility for the events, even though he is not to blame. He is the man in charge and the boss is always ultimately responsible for everything.
    I don't place the blame on Obama (other than the fact that he was basically MIA for the entire thing).

Also:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...or-references/
    Last edited by Naxere; 2013-05-10 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    democrats never attacked Bush for using the wrong kind of mustard.
    Democrats: The President (Bush) invaded a sovereign nation on false pretenses!!!!!
    Repubicans: The President (Obama) likes spicy mustard!!!!

*Boggle.*
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    the real issue with bengazi is that was probably done by people armed and trained by the USA for its proxy war in syria. thats why its all been swept under the carpet. wheres oliver north these days anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    the real issue with bengazi is that was probably done by people armed and trained by the USA for its proxy war in syria. thats why its all been swept under the carpet. wheres oliver north these days anyway
    How many more hearings does this need, before it is no longer being swept under the carpet?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    How many more hearings does this need, before it is no longer being swept under the carpet?
    As many as it takes to get Obummer impeached.
    Putin khuliyo

Interesting that it's interesting when they can call it an "Exclusive".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...or-references/

Democrats went off the deep end with the politicization of Katrina so the response here isn't surprising. I think both cases are awful but that's what we've come too.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Democrats went off the deep end with the politicization of Katrina so the response here isn't surprising. I think both cases are awful but that's what we've come too.
    Are comparing the two now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Kudos on the OP for making a reasonable, rational, and even-handed comment on this event. Slops to all the partisan posturing that has taken place afterwards.

CBS News (no conservative outlet they) today has released information showing that the Benghazi talking points had been both reviews and "edited" (they use the word 'scrubbed') by both the White House and the State Department to make sure references to Al Qaida and terrorists were removed.

In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned …”

The paragraph was entirely deleted.

Like the final version used by Ambassador Rice on the Sunday shows, the CIA’s first drafts said the attack appeared to have been “spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo” but the CIA version went on to say, “That being said, we do know that Islamic extremists with ties to al-Qa’ida participated in the attack.” The draft went on to specifically name the al Qaeda-affiliated group named Ansar al-Sharia.
    Once again, Nuland objected to naming the terrorist groups because “we don’t want to prejudice the investigation.”
    In response, an NSC staffer coordinating the review of the talking points wrote back to Nuland, “The FBI did not have major concerns with the points and offered only a couple minor suggestions.”
    After the talking points were edited slightly to address Nuland’s concerns, she responded that changes did not go far enough.
    “These changes don’t resolve all of my issues or those of my buildings leadership,” Nuland wrote.
    This shows that - contrary to their claims - both the White House and State Department were well aware that the incident was a terrorist attack long before they trotted up to the cameras and started telling the false story about it being only a 'demonstration' over a video. A story they persisted with for weeks.

There's no nice way to say it. They lied to the American people, tried to create a false narrative of events, and have been actively seeking to cover up their lies ever since. This is nothing new for Obama's administration, but 4 people died at this thing and it stinks that they are playing politics over it.