after playing wow and being on vent black screen.

as the title says i got a black screen in the middle of a ragefire chasm when i was on vent too.
    tried turning off and on the monitor and hitting keys and moving my mouse. nothing.
    when i got back up i checked the temp of my gpu and it was 58c. am i over heating or something? its happened before when i first got the computer too. same thing. wow and vent on and boom black screen.

Deleted
    58c isnt that high, but i'd be interested in CPU temp too.

Did you try updating you GPU drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    58c isnt that high, but i'd be interested in CPU temp too.

Did you try updating you GPU drivers ?
    they are up to date.
    remeber it was 58c after shutting down and rebooting. cpu temp was 35c~ on all cores.

Deleted
    Seems normal.

So, you said it happened few days after you got you computer, and it happened a few days ago too. That means it happened with two different driver version, right ?
    Means it's either a hardware issue or maybe it's from another piece of hardware.

Was the sound looping again and again when it happened ?

Make sure the chip set/motherboard drivers and the OS are also up to date.

Could also be RAM and/or overclock not configured correctly. You could try resetting the bios to default and see how it goes.

How old is the PC anyway?
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    Make sure the chip set/motherboard drivers and the OS are also up to date.

Could also be RAM and/or overclock not configured correctly. You could try resetting the bios to default and see how it goes.

How old is the PC anyway?
    umm its like a month and 2 weeks old.
    havent oc anything other than setting the turbo to 4.0 on the chip.

as to the sound looping i dont have any sound but vent on at any one time most of the time so it wouldnt loop if nobody was talking which was the case.
    driver versions are all up to date and were the same ones the tech put on the comp that built the computer. he auto did all the newest ones he could find.