View Poll Results: Would you welcome a 40 or 20 person raid group?

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I'd love to go back to huge raids

54 26.87%
  • No, I like the current sizes

100 49.75%
  • I would like even smaller raid sizes

38 18.91%
  • I don't raid and have no interest in changes

9 4.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Considering the hardware this game has to run on, I'd say that current raids with 40 people would be pretty hellish for some folks. (whether it's my pc or some other issue for example, popping stampede in LFR Lei Shen drops me to about 2fps ).

On the other hand, I'd be keen on the idea of the final boss of any expansion being a 40 man encounter. It certainly would have made sense in DS.
    For our team it's Skada/recount causing the lag, so hopefully not your computer, try testing it

Deleted
    Make all raids 15 man seems to be the best compromise at this point.

I'm thinking; keep 10 mans and lower 25 mans to 20.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Nah those days are gone, could you imagine trying to have an active roster of 45-50 people raiders. It's hard enough getting 25 together these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as it would give the epic feeling like people got in vanilla/TBC wich i never got to experience myself -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    private servers have 40 mans go play one.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    25man sucks, it doesn't matter if you are good, bad, excellent or average. in 10man each player has a loot of significance to accomplish hc kills. I would kill 25man and keep only 10m alive

Deleted
    I would prefer either to keep the current system, or a change from 10/25 to a complete 15.

I could only see them doing 40's if it was derp easier than LFR, and just as accessible. I could see it more like a PVE Battleground scenario, where you practically faceroll over trash towards the end goal of a big boss, and there'd be different control points for people to veer off to to gain control of. Something like have towers scattered around that would give you a bigger reward at the end if you capture it all, leading people to balance out whether to roll the place as one group, or split up and take control of towers while a small group rolls the end boss.

Casual is the key. No one really wants to organize a 40-man raid at this point, but the novelty of being in a big raiding group could still be very fun.

Deleted
    No, there simply is no going back to 40. It's fun to have them sort of brought back for world bosses in MoP, but that's enough of that.

If raiding had to be re-done, I'd rather have them change into a single raid size, that being 15-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    iiii am in favor of there being one raid size. And it being 20man. Sure.

40 man while hilarious back when raid design was unsophisticated and could be cheesed in quite a number of cases with a drunken pose and a barrel of monkeys. Would nowadays be an effort in technological, internet bandwidth, merciless nightmare that would quickly send whoever leads it into psychosis. While the effort involved might be worth the euphoric sensation of accomplishing such a feat I have a feeling it wouldn't catch on. And blizzard are all about whats 'trendy' with players now. If it doesn't catch on, it's not worth the resources.

20 man raids as the stable default however... I could get behind this. 10mans aren't epic enough. (Preferences, I am raiding 10 at the moment, I yearn for the days of 25) and 25 kinda teeters over the edge of being too much for any computer that hasn't had a couple of hundred invested into it knowledgeably. 20mans...or 15mans on the other hand. That's a force, that's not a band or a group of suicidal idiots, that at least sounds like a force, a team. I could so get behind tweaking the entire raid system to accommodate 1 raid size and that's it. No more cock contests over which is harder based on the pot luck tuning of blizzards encounter mechanics failing to be equal or the constant bickering of Raid Size leading/Space vs Limited Class Utility.

All that wiped out by 1 raid size for all. Picture it, it's beautiful.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Nope, 40mans were terrible, and lag is bad enough in 25mans as it is for most people. If anything, we should ditch 10man and 25man and just go one set format: 15man.

I would like to see 15 man raids introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    10>25.... The feeling of killing a boss in 10man gives so much more satisfaction than dong it on 25man, simply because you are responsible for 10% vs 4% of the kill..

If Blizzard changed to 15man to have only ONE raid size, I would accept it, but increasig it even further is just out of the question.. 25man is too big, and 40man is/was an abomination, that should never had made it into the game..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I think 25s should be reduced to 20 mans. 25s are declining, harder to recruit and manage 25s right now. 5 less people to worry about in raid, 5 less people to recruit, 5 less people to hope are online. Its not a huge drop so it'll still feel epic like the current 25s.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Huge raids are way too difficult to set up not to mention finding 40 skilled players who will actually show up to raid every raid night. We should honestly reduce raids to 20 mans since more and more players are going casual and its a bit hard to find decent people to raid with or pug.

I really wish they would bump 10 to 15 mans... Would make it so much better and could have a good mix of classes and specs

Quote Originally Posted by Xtortion View Post
    I think 25s should be reduced to 20 mans. 25s are declining, harder to recruit and manage 25s right now. 5 less people to worry about in raid, 5 less people to recruit, 5 less people to hope are online. Its not a huge drop so it'll still feel epic like the current 25s.
    So keep the vast majority the way you want it and even lower it to 20 as the largest.

What about the bonus boss idea? That checks all boxes for all players.

I don't think having 40 people makes anything more epic. It just opens up zerg strats and other silly cheesing that 25 man already has enough of. Raid cooldowns and class utilities have gotten WAY too powerful for 40 mans to exist and not be retarded. 10 man is better if you want to reflect individual player responsibility and skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wish they would remove 25 and 10 and just have 15/6 man. Then they can spend more time designing fights so they aren't boring as fuck then they spend tuning them. There is no need for 2 raid sizes anymore if they want to have both the same difficultly.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-12 at 12:13 AM.
    Aye mate