Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if the next xpac was 90-100

That way we're leveling up for the legion invasion, so the next xpac that comes out, isn't a leveling expansion but a storyline expansion.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

I'd love an expansion that focused purely on endgame content.

Deleted
    Not sure that is gonna happen, and not too keen on the idea.

I like this idea, the 5 levels per xpac kinda sucks. It messes with my gamer OCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    People already QQ'ed that 85 to 90 was a long grind, expect more QQ if they did that with 90 to 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest reason for this would be to further push the idea of more content.

Make it so leveling takes 1.5-2 times as long, with 1.5-2 times as many zones. It'd keep the raids from becoming very short as it takes longer to level. It'd give them more chances to tell the story. And so on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People already QQ'ed that 85 to 90 was a long grind, expect more QQ if they did that with 90 to 100.
    It's different, in wotlk, was 70-80 long?
    Not really.

The reason they made 85-90 long is because its only 5 levels.
    Plus questing in pandaria is a long drag of cutscenes.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

I hope it's 100, being level 85 really fucked with my OCD.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom of Zeal, 12,000 BC (Just Kidding...Crummy California)
    I would be perfectly fine with 10 levels. Leveling is one of my favorite things to do in the game.

except that its the same length whether its 5 lvl or 10... ppl don't realize that. they just adjust xp requires with the number of lvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    I'd love an expansion that focused purely on endgame content.
    See, I would rather have an expansion based around the whole 'progression'/leveling experience.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    See, I would rather have an expansion based around the whole 'progression'/leveling experience.
    Yeah theres no realm first achievements without leveling and that would make me a sad panda

Level 100 wouldn't feel right. I'd prefer level 99 as a retro RPG player, but I know a number is just a number. I also agree being Level 85 felt just awful as a number.

I don't think it'll happen, but I think it'd be really funny if, in two expansions, we don't level to 100, but to level 99. Kinda like how when you get Exalted you only can get to 999/1000. I think that'd be funny.
    But I also believe we're going way over 100 anyway so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    It's different, in wotlk, was 70-80 long?
    Not really.

The reason they made 85-90 long is because its only 5 levels.
    Plus questing in pandaria is a long drag of cutscenes.
    If I recall correctly, level 70-80 took much longer than 85-90. People just complain about anything, leveling is easier than ever before. Leveling has also always been a dull grind, it has never been fun imo. The only cool thing is seeing the area for the first time, people get that in beta these days and many many more people play beta now.

I did a quick google and the first level 80 took 27 hours to level. Remember that is the first person, normal people would take much longer and this was through grinding mobs, not questing.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-05-19 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    I don't think it'll happen, but I think it'd be really funny if, in two expansions, we don't level to 100, but to level 99. Kinda like how when you get Exalted you only can get to 999/1000. I think that'd be funny.
    But I also believe we're going way over 100 anyway so whatever.
    it has to stop at 999 since otherwise u would ding next stage in reputation and there is no next stage..

Raise cap to 100, leave time to level 90-100 the same as 85-90 (pre-5.3). Part of the reason 85-90 feels so grindy imo is the lack of a sense of progress owing to how long each level takes. It can be really frustrating to turn in a whole gob of quests you just spent 20 minutes completing and not even getting a bar of XP out of them.

I did an experiment on my Monk, I completed as many quests as I could (it was 23 or 24) and I got the +20% XP daily buff before turning them all in at once. An entire, full quest log of completed quests with all available XP buffs at 85+ was less than 30% of a level.

I emphasize: this does not mean make the level grind twice as long. To reiterate, leave the amount of time to reach cap the same, but spread it out over 10 levels instead of 5, to give a better sense of progress and to make quest completion feel more meaningful.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-05-19 at 11:33 PM.

it would prboably seem faster, it would take the same amount of time to get to level cap but you would be getting twice the levels so it "feels" faster

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 07:33 PM ----------

also im expecting it, which number sounds better?

10th anniversary level to 95?

or

10th anniversary level to 100
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would love 10 more levels to go through. I don't care how long it takes, the longer the better. I love leveling characters, so this would be fun.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Raise cap to 100, leave time to level 90-100 the same as 85-90 (pre-5.3). Part of the reason 85-90 feels so grindy imo is the lack of a sense of progress owing to how long each level takes. It can be really frustrating to turn in a whole gob of quests you just spent 20 minutes completing and not even getting a bar of XP out of them.

I did an experiment on my Monk, I completed as many quests as I could (it was 23 or 24) and I got the +20% XP daily buff before turning them all in at once. An entire, full quest log of completed quests with all available XP buffs at 85+ was less than 30% of a level.

I emphasize: this does not mean make the level grind twice as long. To reiterate, leave the amount of time to reach cap the same, but spread it out over 10 levels instead of 5, to give a better sense of progress and to make quest completion feel more meaningful.
    Just my opinion, but more levels mean nothing if it doesn't feel like more levels. 1 level a day or 2, 5 days to hit the cap is still 5 days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)