Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the first thing you would do as president (Non policy/law related)

If you were elected president, what is the first thing you would do not concerning laws or your policy/agenda. Id want to immediately find out what our secrets are and travel to all the hidden, secret, and unknown military bases like Area 51, the HAARP station, and the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, and find out what we are making, testing, or inventing, and to find out what goes on there

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you were elected president, what is the first thing you would do not concerning laws or your policy/agenda. Id want to immediately find out what our secrets are and travel to all the hidden, secret, and unknown military bases like Area 51, the HAARP station, and the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, and find out what we are making, testing, or inventing, and to find out what goes on there
    I'm not entirely sure why you think the President would be briefed on stuff like this. As cheesy as it sounds, I would guess it would be more like the President in the movie Independence Day, where he knew nothing about the captured spacecraft, and when asked why he didn't, he was told he wasn't 'need to know'.

the President would probably be briefed on everything that effects international politics and stuff, and I know that most of them have had 'daily briefings' about everything going on in the world that they need to know about, but imaging that everyone would instantly tell you everything is a little short sighted, imo.

Go on the airforce one and force the pilot to do loops with it over the white house.

I would create an entitlement program that entitles every citizen of the United States to a pony, it would be required by Federal Law that you are with your pony at all times.

Issue an executive order making No-Pants Day a national holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd replace number 10 with the palace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why you think the President would be briefed on stuff like this. As cheesy as it sounds, I would guess it would be more like the President in the movie Independence Day, where he knew nothing about the captured spacecraft, and when asked why he didn't, he was told he wasn't 'need to know'.
    The President is the CiC, so he has an absolute need-to-know.

But unless the information is already being given to him because someone thinks he needs to be informed, he still needs to ask.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

the President would probably be briefed on everything that effects international politics and stuff, and I know that most of them have had 'daily briefings' about everything going on in the world that they need to know about, but imaging that everyone would instantly tell you everything is a little short sighted, imo.
    Im pretty sure that the president being the Commander in Chief of the US military can go anywhere he wants to on ANY military base since he is in charge of the entire military and responsible for everything the military does

EDIT: I can't read OP's apparently.

I would have the White House repainted a different colour for the luls

Well, given how politics on both sides of the aisle go these days, I'd like to tell the Department of Education to make Logic a requirement for graduation.

That way we might have more people question dubious arguments by politicians.

I'd do what bill clinton did
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Play tricks on Secret Service.

Deleted
    Build a giant statue of myself in front of Stormwind Keep of course. Wait...

To be honest, not sure. Guess I'd hold a speech to the people, for the people. I would reveal the fact that I'm an extraterrestrial being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold a press conference to ask the nation what the hell they where thinking by electing me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    The same thing I do every night, Pinky! Try and take over the world!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I would divert all executive discretionary spending to NASA, forcing the federal government to give me more funds so the executive branch could still keep funneling money to NASA while going over the gridlock in congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    I'd bann the color green and make it a crime punishable by death.

I'd probably just phone up some political leaders around the world & vent spleen on exactly what I think of them, starting with David Cameron, although I dare say I'd lose my voice abusing him before I got to anyone else.

Oh and immediately phone up to arrange me pitching at opening day at Yankee Stadium.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Change a lot of laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    I'd bann the color green and make it a crime punishable by death.
    What am I supposed to DE for mats then?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters