3 v 3 Team help.

Me and 2 friends are going to start up a 3v3 Arena team , we have a Priest who will be healing (holy or disc he hasnt decided) , a Mage , and the 3rd which is myself but I'm unsure which melee would go well with it , prefer not a Rogue or Feral Druid. i have a Warlock if i want to be ranged but i'm more of a melee player. Any tips/advice on a melee + spec would be greatly appreciated.

Edit : This is for when 5.3 is out.
    Last edited by Vindicare; 2013-05-13 at 12:14 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say RMP or Feral Mage Disc, but you said you prefer not to.
    So... DK or perhaps in 5.3 a hybrid such as Enhance or Ret would work well. Maybe even Warrior for Skull Banner shatter combos.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I would say RMP or Feral Mage Disc, but you said you prefer not to.
    So... DK or perhaps in 5.3 a hybrid such as Enhance or Ret would work well. Maybe even Warrior for Skull Banner shatter combos.
    Ret / Mage / Priest used to be pretty good, and with buffs coming to Ret damage (15%!) in 5.3 it could make a comeback. Hunter/Mage/Priest could also work.

Sorry shoulda said , when 5.3 comes . my bad

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Ret / Mage / Priest used to be pretty good, and with buffs coming to Ret damage (15%!) in 5.3 it could make a comeback. Hunter/Mage/Priest could also work.
    While that will help Ret damage nicely, it isn't really the only thing holding Ret back atm. (Survivability is absolute crap).
    Because of that, I would have to say enhance would be a better choice. Similar healing to Ret, more survivability CD's, much better peel capability (Frozen Power or Earthgrab, Capacitor, Instant Hex.)

And their damage buffs are pretty insane, when they already do pretty scary burst. The only reason people don't complain about their burst is because they can get bursted pretty easily right now and killed in a silence, but apparently burst is going down, so we'll see.

Still think Feral Disc Mage would be insane. None of those are really good targets, and Feral has a blind on a 20 second CD(clone) and can still stunlock someone like a rogue. And if mages are going to be top dogs because of nerfs to other top specs, Feral is strong against them because of Powershifting.

I'm just not big into Stealth thats all , so from what im hearing ether Ret or Enhance? , what about a WW Monk? , i used to Main a warrior but all the nerfs and the changes to arms made me put him aside and choose something else.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
    I'm just not big into Stealth thats all , so from what im hearing ether Ret or Enhance? , what about a WW Monk? , i used to Main a warrior but all the nerfs and the changes to arms made me put him aside and choose something else.
    Problem with WW is that Paralyze and Poly DR, and you would have to make sure Deep was used before Fists of Fury.
    But... Deep ---> FoF ---> Counterspell would be pretty insane on ah ealer.

Okay , was just curious about Monk is all . but otherwise what im hearing is Feral/Rogue but as i said not a fan of stealth. Ret or Enhance would be our teams best bet?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
    Okay , was just curious about Monk is all . but otherwise what im hearing is Feral/Rogue but as i said not a fan of stealth. Ret or Enhance would be our teams best bet?
    Retri, also feral&rogue has pretty high skill cap to play at high ratings imo. (not sure about ferals anymore tho)

Ty all for the information , greatly appreciated =).