Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    You raging through 7 pages of this makes me chuckle. Mages are "dominating" the top of the Arena ladder? Have any sources for this claim?

Mage can cover a deep with a cs? Because they'd never use them at separate times and not be able to do that. And your team couldn't do something to stop a mage from freecasting and your teammate eating a full cc while he blows up a deep? Sounds like the problem is you're a bad player if mages always have every ability up to use offensively and freecast whenever they please.

Give up your yelling and swearing... it's clearly not the class that has issues...
    The issue now is with the terrible players who play mage and think they are succeeding due to skill and effort. I love how these mages keep saying free casting. As if a mage casts now. What is that 1 frostbolt into shatter then 10 instants. The non overpowered classes lost our blanket silence on interrupts.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The issue now is with the terrible players who play mage and think they are succeeding due to skill and effort. I love how these mages keep saying free casting. As if a mage casts now. What is that 1 frostbolt into shatter then 10 instants. The non overpowered classes lost our blanket silence on interrupts.
    So what you're saying is all the mages that are 2200+ are terrible players simply carried by an OP class that can win simply casting instants and not coordinating anything. Just quit the game already if your team has absolutely no way to counter the "dominating" overpowered class. Your all-caps posts and constant swearing and raging just hurt your effort to even attempt to appear legitimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is all the mages that are 2200+ are terrible players simply carried by an OP class that can win simply casting instants and not coordinating anything. Just quit the game already if your team has absolutely no way to counter the "dominating" overpowered class. Your all-caps posts and constant swearing and raging just hurt your effort to even attempt to appear legitimate.
    Appear legitimate for who, the mages coming on here to defend their obviously broken class. If you cant get passionate talking about how some overpowered shit class is being left that way to ruin the game due to the bias of one jackass that is sad.

They are not terrible players, they are average players at above average ratings due to class bias by the devs; and have been for so long now they have begun to think its actually them being better instead of their class being better.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Lets use that same line of reasoning on other overpowered bullshit that actually got nerfed. See a hunter cast stampede, hit aoe fear, pom ring, frost nova... its ok the Stampede kills you in 4s, you could counter it. DURR DURR DURR.

What mage doesnt cover his deep with a CS? If mages only had deep, you might have a point, but a mage can cover their deep with other CC, instant CC, just by themselves even.

And again if it was really as counterable as you claim mages would not be dominating the top of the Arena ladder, and they are, because its not.
    Sorry, that comparison hold no water. You are trying to compare a spell that required mass CC to counter (something most classes dont have.) to a spell that requires single target CC for a minimum for 2-3 seconds to counter.

Are you trying to say that you and your team have trouble CCing a player for 2-3 seconds?
    Last edited by draconith1; 2013-05-14 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    Sorry, that comparison hold no water. You are trying to compare a spell that required mass CC to counter (something most classes dont have.) to a spell that requires single target CC for a minimum for 2-3 seconds to counter.

Are you trying to say that you and your team have trouble CCing a player for 2-3 seconds?
    Yes when that player alone can instantly CC our entire team. Which seems to be a problem most high end teams have since Mages are highly dominate. What was it 35/100 rank 1 teams have a mage.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Nowhere in the blue post do I see an condescension.

Blue is just stating that they are aware there is a problem and they will be fixing it up in 5.3.

The OP is choosing to see what he wants to see.

Yes when that player alone can instantly CC our entire team. Which seems to be a problem most high end teams have since Mages are highly dominate. What was it 35/100 rank 1 teams have a mage.
    Once again, you make the assumption there is literally no way to counter or get out of your "entire team being cc'ed instantly" by an "average skilled mage." Your arguments lack substance. You must just be losing to mage comps over and over and have no idea how to change your play style. Mages CAN be countered. Learn how.

Right so the representation is clearly only there because mages are OP and skill of the player has absolutely no effect on that at all. what about the other 65% of the top 100 teams that were able to get there without a mage? Just lucky I guess.
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

10+ Year Old Account
    right so the representation is clearly only there because mages are op and skill of the player has absolutely no effect on that at all. What about the other 65% of the top 100 teams that were able to get there without a mage? Just lucky i guess.
    are you for fucking real. Trying to argue mages arent op, just has more skilled players. Hahahahhahaha

15+ Year Old Account
    Right so the representation is clearly only there because mages are OP and skill of the player has absolutely no effect on that at all. what about the other 65% of the top 100 teams that were able to get there without a mage? Just lucky I guess.
    We're not suggesting mages are Mandatory to succeed, but you know that. Imbalance isn't black and white - solar beam+vortex is imbalanced, but that doesn't mean balance druids are mandatory to get into the top 100. Mages have very high gladiator and rank 1 representation, and while their burst is high - their control is arguably the bigger problem. Which is why when they talk about nerfing Frostbolt, or Incanter's Ward - everyone knows that the mage will hit slightly less hard, but the real problem will still exist: that a good mage can almost single-handedly juggle an entire enemy 3's team in various CCs.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-14 at 08:22 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I think people are missing the point. The other overpowered classes namely spriests, rogues, and BM hunters are getting nerfed. Mages are already very strong to overpowered depending on your views, at the very least upper tier, and with nerfs to the over overpowered classes they will dominate. Thats the problem here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I think people are missing the point. The other overpowered classes namely spriests, rogues, and BM hunters are getting nerfed. Mages are already very strong to overpowered depending on your views, at the very least upper tier, and with nerfs to the over overpowered classes they will dominate. Thats the problem here.
    Not to mention that while spriests, subtlety rogues and bm hunters are good - if rank 1 representation is any measure (and ghostcrawler often suggests it is) frost mages outnumber any of those specs in the world top 100.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not to mention that while spriests, subtlety rogues and bm hunters are good - if rank 1 representation is any measure (and ghostcrawler often suggests it is) frost mages outnumber any of those specs in the world top 100.
    Mages are getting nerfed along with spriest, sub rogues and bm hunters next patch, no? So what's the problem?
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-05-14 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    This point is being overshadowed by people in this thread (similar to what gets deleted on blizz's forums) typing in all caps because they can't figure out how to deal with a deep freeze by presenting themselves in a situation where they have no brain or teammate to do anything to counter them. To speak to that point, if you let any class sit you and do nothing, they will beat you. It's that simple. Whether other classes are getting nerfed to the point of no return while mages are barely touched is entirely another.

are you for fucking real. Trying to argue mages arent op, just has more skilled players. Hahahahhahaha
    Lol no, I didn't argue that, try turning your bias and unbridled hatred for mages down for a second. I was simply pointing out that 65% of the other teams didn't have a mage. Mages are overpowered but not because of deep freeze which is what everybody was arguing. Let's just ignore the fact that mages are getting a 13% nerf to their primary nuke, a 50% nerf to the power of their IA ability (which can already be cleansed and dispelled through various avenues in game.)and that flameglow got a 5% nerf as well. Minor yes, but a step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the problem in a way even a 3rd grader could see.

Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-05-14 at 09:05 PM.

I play a hunter a spriest and a hpaladin in just 1800 bracket and so far my holy paladin with 68%+ res is the one who suffers the most against mages. If I don't have a trinket or my bubble then 1 dfreeze and Im dead. I don't know why people say that the poor mages need to cast X and Y, I can get killed in a freeze with just frost bombs explosion + icelances + frostfires.

But... as hard as it can be, from my 3 toons point of view, nothing is more overpower than DKs, there are matches where they literally do the same damage as me and my partner, is just ridicuolus. At least I can trinket some freezes, I can't do shit against DKs damage. I'm starting to think, DK + Monk healer will be gods.

As for my hunter, I can handle very good frost mages, because I use bestial wrath defensively. Similar to my shadow priest, sometimes I just mass dispel the frost bomb.

Lol no, I didn't argue that, try turning your bias and unbridled hatred for mages down for a second. I was simply pointing out that 65% of the other teams didn't have a mage. Mages are overpowered but not because of deep freeze which is what everybody was arguing. Let's just ignore the fact that mages are getting a 13% nerf to their primary nuke, a 50% nerf to the power of their IA ability (which can already be cleansed and dispelled through various avenues in game.)and that flameglow got a 5% nerf as well.
    This. These kinds of threads that pop up before changes go live similar to the "ZOMG PVP IS DEAD IN 5.3" kind of thing seem to blatantly misrepresent facts, 9/10 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is the problem in a way even a 3rd grader could see.
    I always love your paint diagrams

Deleted
    It's that simple. Whether other classes are getting nerfed to the point of no return while mages are barely touched is entirely another.
    Mages are strong now. Mages will become even stronger next patch.

Does everyone have to make a mage again before you believe they need nerfs? Because that is what is going to happen as things stand. We can see this coming a mile away and it's unacceptable.

No class should be able to kill another every 30 seconds. Seriously.

Either Blizzard are too shortsighted to see what will happen or this is exactly what they want.

The only way the current state of mages can be justified is because there is so many interrupts and instant CC, and there is. It's ridiculous.