Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I wouldnt take guardian news as reliable source, Im not even from UK but yet I still know guardian is full of bullshit.
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201...-u-k-violence/

One area where large numbers of immigrants exerted a negative effect was highlighted. In places where the government located large numbers of asylum seekers from the late 1990s, property crime rates were “significantly higher in areas in which asylum seekers were located.”

A proportion of the crime might be explained as a result of crimes committed against immigrants, the report’s authors added.
    Better? The study is conducted by Harward so I think it's safe to say it's not "bullshit"

The Daily Mail is notorious for sensational headlines. Being a suspect doesn't make you guilt. I agree that immigration is a problem, so is criminal immigrants, but the problem I have is when the Daily Mail spews this sort of story, and it just makes everyone who isn't a open gate policy loving liberal a fascist neo-nazi.

I'm against the Governments current immigration control system, and I think we're far to soft of immigrant criminals, but a lot of these figures and facts are manipulated to make it seem worse then it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    the fact remains that sweden has seen an unprecedented increase in rape and crimes against women. google swedens rape epidemic, there are too many links to begin posting here.
    Sweden also reports crimes in a different way than other countries, which make it seem like we have more raping going on in comparison to other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what the shock is meant to be? I thought it would be higher.

Deleted
    More then 2 third of rape suspects is British! All British are rapists!

See it works the other way round aswell, next time put some tought in something before you post xd

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201...-u-k-violence/

Better? The study is conducted by Harward so I think it's safe to say it's not "bullshit"
    The news article you linked is wroted by Mark Townsend, from The Observer news who is owned by Guardian Media Group.

All this shows is that britains suspect immigrants to be murderers rather thanthemselves, as britain does NOT have 20% immigrants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Sweden also reports crimes in a different way than other countries, which make it seem like we have more raping going on in comparison to other countries.
    Overall I think fewer women or men in Sweden who wont report it due to shame cos of Sweden being one of the most atheistic countries. Not simplifying it into swedish women or men not suffering deeply from such an event but at least the cases of not reporting due to religious reasons and shame are far fewer.
    Also we progressed far in the work for gender equality and sexual equality.

That does not change the fact that non-europeans are heavily over representated in that category of crime. Most rapes committed in Sweden and abroad I presume are made by persons known to the victim so I suspect there is a very large grey zone of unreported rapes among non-europeans living here as well.

Sex/seuxuality always been the strongest tool used by men to control women, still is today.

Deleted
    Ye but the thing is you cant talk about this. If woman gets raped and accuses immigran,t then everybody forgets the rape immediately and the whole thing turns againts the woman and/or the investigators (police) and they get accused of being racists.

Well you get what you vote i say. If people want to stop their countries being filled with these enrichments of culture, think next time what number you put on that paper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And the article actually proves that immigration has no impact on crime
    But he just chooses to quote whatever he wants.
    As he always does

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    Four-fifths of murder and rape suspects are not immigrants. Pretty crazy stat right?
    When you consider absolute populations yes, 1/5 is a large representation for a single denomination.

However, this article is in the Daily mail, a notoriously racist, homophobic, bigoted and down right evil tabloid (see Anti Vaccine propaganda)
    RETH

The news article you linked is wroted by Mark Townsend, from The Observer news who is owned by Guardian Media Group.
    But the research is done by Harward and London School of Economics...

Immigration doesn't. Segregation and lack of prospects for the immigrants do. When you open the flood gates for thousands of people from a cultural background that is not compatible with the native one you will get problems.

We have similar statistics here in the Netherlands. For instance the number of suspects of violent crime (relative) for immigrants of the Dutch antilles is 6.5 times higher. Marokkan immigrants are 7 times higher in Drug crimes.
    For both groups the stats for "moneycrimes" (ranging from theft and burglary to extortion basically) is 9 to 10 times as high.

Now you can ignore the stats but that is imo not the right solution. First you have to acknowledge that there is a problem with immigration (all over Europe) and then fix it properly. And that doesn't mean kicking them out of the country. Yes, a lot has been tried already and we haven't found the right answer yet but that still doesn't mean that we should just give up or take measures like kicking them out and taking away their passports.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Suspects? How many of them were convicted? Being a suspect doesn't mean shit if they don't convict you for it.
    Not being convicted doesn't mean you're innocent aswell. Here's the statistics(rape) for Sweden, they outnumber Swedes by quite the bit:

They're a minority.. if they had been in the pinkish part it would be normal representation but they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Look to Finland, immigrants make up 1% of the population, their representation is 33% in reported rapes. Don't be so damned blind. It's not related to how it is reported. Statistics do not speak in favour of immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Do you know how to interpret stats? Correlation is not causation. What about the impact of poverty on crime rates and so on? They say nothing at all about that.

Beyond which while overall 10% of the country may be immigrants I think you'll find the higher crime areas (major cities) have a higher than 10% immigrant population, making the immigrant crime rate numbers not all that strange or out of proportion.
    BRÅ found there to be no socio-economical correlation behind the amount of crimes committed by immigrants in Sweden. They instead said it was cultural.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-05-14 at 10:16 AM.

I think this is a problem thats been developing for a while. countries say, where women used to be able to walk home after a night out and just go about their business without harassment have seen some real changes in this regard. look at sweden, apparently now the rape capital of europe, a place where this would have been deemed impossible just 10 years ago. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=096_1267472543 google it, the stats are horrific
    South Africa is reportedly the worst country in the world when it comes to sexual violence, this is because of the fact that the Europeans(whites) and africans(blacks) that stay in this country now have equal rights in terms of the law, during Apartheid this country was very safe for women. Democracy and equality has now resulted in high levels of violent crime and rape. Even SA's president was on trial for rape a few years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    the fact remains that sweden has seen an unprecedented increase in rape and crimes against women. google swedens rape epidemic, there are too many links to begin posting here.
    Hard to base anything on statistics regarding rape. It is one of the most stigmatic crimes there is and one of the hardest ones to make people come forward and file a crime. All comes down to how many % of actual rapes that are being reported to the police in a country, how the police and juridicial system are able to handle it, cultural differences in the view of what is rape, religious differences in how it is viewed etc.
    I'm sure Sweden is sky high if just looking at the ammount of reported rapes which is good in one sense, bad in the sense that many of those reports are actual rapes being committed. As swede I would pick a high ammount of reported rapes any time over few rapes due to people not daring to report them at all.

Speaking broadly I "dont care" where my country ends up in the statistics, one rape is one too many and there will always be a grey zone.
    My biggest concern is if we do/do not do everything we can to make men and women that are victims of a rape reporting it and our legal system able to handle it accordingly and also changing everyones view of it in the cases of people being laxed about rape for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-05-14 at 10:17 AM.

From where? The report isnt even out, the article he linked was a copy + paste from the guardian(political social liberal newspaper) main article about a report made by a group of "expert" from the London School of Economics saying immigration has no impact on crime and you believe it?

I bet you believe Santa Claus is real too.

15+ Year Old Account
    More than third of 210 rape suspects in London last year were immigrants
    Does this matter at all, I mean you talk about "suspects" which means they can be innocent aswell. Unless they are found guilty those numbers doesn't matter at all. With that said they might just be a bit biased against people from other countries if they don't have real proof.

From where? The report isnt even out, the article he linked was a copy + paste from the guardian(political social liberal newspaper) main article about a report made by a group of "expert" from the London School of Economics saying immigration has no impact on crime and you believe it?
    http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/28732/

A simple economics of crime model, when dovetailed with facts about the relative labour market position of these migrant groups, suggests net returns to criminal activity are likely to be very different for the two waves. In fact, we show that the first wave led to a small rise in property crime, whilst the second wave had no such impact. There was no observable effect on violent crime for either wave. Nor were immigrant arrest rates different to natives. Evidence from victimization data also suggests that the changes in crime rates during the immigrant waves cannot be ascribed to crimes against immigrants. Overall, our findings suggest that focusing on the limited labour market opportunities of asylum seekers could have beneficial effects on crime rates.
    People believe it, because it makes sense. Not all immigrants are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Does this matter at all, I mean you talk about "suspects" which means they can be innocent aswell. Unless they are found guilty those numbers doesn't matter at all. With that said they might just be a bit biased against people from other countries if they don't have real proof.
    Just because someone doesn't get convicted that doesn't mean they're innocent. Just because there's not enough evidence does not mean they didn't do it. It's rather fucked up how some people can claim it was consensual even when there's structural damage in the vagina as it requires quite the bit of force to inflict that kind of injuries as it's kind of made for having sex and delivering babies through and then people still get away with saying it was consensual despite there being evidence of the opposite.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-05-14 at 10:24 AM.