Unable to log in

Hey guys This only just started happening when i tried logging in today.

I get an error message saying that it is unable to connect to the log in server and that i should restart my client. I also get the error code 58:11:5:512.

I've tried this tried restarting both the client and my computer but nothing.

I've googled the problem and found that a fix for some people was to run it as admin and also to change the target location in the shortcut properties. But neither of these worked for me.

Any assistance would be appreciated

ArenaNet messed up the game right now. A lot of accounts got converted to trial accounts and it seems like they've fixed that maybe somewhat and now people are having other problems logging in. It's pretty bugged out right now, but they're working on it.

Yeh I got the same error when logging in, went to send in a customer report thing and when I clicked send a small message popped up saying "All game servers are currently down for emergency maintenance. We will restore service as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience."
    Should be on the website front page or the launcher imo, but oh well at least you know its not your account or computer

ah well its good to know its not a problem on my end! Guess i'll have to play the waiting game then haha! Thanks for the quick and helpful responses guys much love!

Quote Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
    If you missed our earlier tweet: We're aware of and working on the login issue. Don't worry, you're not suddenly a trial player. ~RB2 #GW2
    Yeah, something's screwed up, they're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    The beta is finally over. Release date coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    The beta is finally over. Release date coming soon
    OH DEAR, let's speculate what date it may come out? I reckon around August, what do you guys think? I'm so psyched I can't wait to play the game!

Anyway hope they fix it soon, us European folks are going to bed soon so I kinda feel bad for the peeps in the US. Stay strong!

Yeah been at work all day so missed all their tweets and everything.

It's up and running again if anyone is interested.