10+ Year Old Account

Blocked Cell Phone Number

I sort of had a bad break-up with an ex and her sister eventually blocked me on her phone. However, she and I have started talking lately and we would like to become friends again, but we can only talk on Facebook because I can't text her. She's on her parents' cell phone plan so she can't call and have it unblocked herself and she can't ask her parents because they despise me. I'm getting a new phone soon and could probably get a new number with it, would that allow me to text her again? I'm not entirely sure how blocking works on phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

It only blocks the number. If you change your number, it won't be blocked at least right away until they find out about it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    They block the number, not the phone, so yes you would be able to talk to her with your phone once again. Though I have to ask, if you two broke it off bad enough that she blocked your number, why would you get back together? Shouldn't you be looking at the red flags that caused the breakup in the first place?

Just my two cents. I've got back together with people before and it tends to end up the same way.
    Just taking a stab here... but I think he cheated on her... that's my guess

10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably watch yourself here. If the plan is her parent's and you circumvent privacy measures, they can probably try to get police involved for some kind of harassment, especially if she is a minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    I did no such thing

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You should probably watch yourself here. If the plan is her parent's and you circumvent privacy measures, they can probably try to get police involved for some kind of harassment, especially if she is a minor.
    She's 18, she just lives with her parents and doesn't have her own income so she uses their plan. I don't think they are that vindictive, but I do understand the risk

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    They block the number, not the phone, so yes you would be able to talk to her with your phone once again. Though I have to ask, if you two broke it off bad enough that she blocked your number, why would you get back together? Shouldn't you be looking at the red flags that caused the breakup in the first place?

Just my two cents. I've got back together with people before and it tends to end up the same way.
    As it says in the OP, she didn't block my number. Her sister did. Mostly because her sister never liked me and this was the opportunity to capitalize on that.
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Why is that always the default response when someone says it was a bad breakup? People can be super shitty in relationships plenty of other ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Why is that always the default response when someone says it was a bad breakup? People can be super shitty in relationships plenty of other ways.
    Thank you not to derail, but she kinda blamed me for being abusive as an excuse to get out of our relationship when she really just didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. We still have feelings for each other and want to be friends, but her family just thinks i'm a twat.

One of things to remember is they love her and don't want to see her get hurt. You would do the same for your brother's and sisters.

As your repairing your relationship with her you also have to repair your relationship with the rest of the family. YOu don't have to become their BFF but you have to make go out of your way so they don't think of you as a "Twat".