Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Russia arrests alleged CIA agent and U.S. ambassador

So basically the Russian government has arrested an alleged CIA agent and is accusing the United States of spying on Russia and trying to convince Russians to defect to the United States. In addition, they have taken one of our diplomats into custody and are threatening to deport him from the country. How should the United States respond to these allegations and the arrest of our citizens?

http://rt.com/news/fsb-detain-cia-agent-253/
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...202924723.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them to stop being twats.

nicely.

We probably are spying on Russia. And Russia is probably spying on us.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Ok quick how was this Obama's fault?

How should the United States respond to these allegations and the arrest of our citizens?
    either stop spying or do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He totally told Blair (I know...) who our spies in Russia were and the UK told Putin to distract everyone from Benghazi!

How can Russian citizens defect to the US? They know this isn't the Cold War right? That's just called emigration.

And why would they need spies to tell them this kind of thing when they have American movies and TV to show them that hey, if I live over there I won't get beaten up by skinheads on my way to the vodka mines every morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be totally honest. I would be very disapointed if we didn't have CIA spies all over Russia trying to get important or valuable Russians to defect or spy for us. Whether this specific case is real or not, I'd bet we have people doing exactly what this guy is being accused of right now. I just hope they do a better job next time...
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    How should the United States respond to these allegations and the arrest of our citizens?
    They should release the nerve gas

10+ Year Old Account
    You should ask Mossad for some pointers I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically the Russian government has arrested an alleged CIA agent and is accusing the United States of spying on Russia and trying to convince Russians to defect to the United States. In addition, they have taken one of our diplomats into custody and are threatening to deport him from the country. How should the United States respond to these allegations and the arrest of our citizens?

http://rt.com/news/fsb-detain-cia-agent-253/
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe...202924723.html

Might want to redo your title, its quite, misleading.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quick... 3 posts in and YOU are the first to mention Obama., I see no accusation of blame for ANYone on this... Do you?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-05-15 at 05:48 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been around for almost all the cold war and it seems this happened all the time. tit for tat. We do it. They do it. Life goes on.

But obviously Obamas fault.
    Operation Red Wing

He probably was a spy. If that is the case its just business as normal nothing needs to be said.

Also, he wasn't an ambassador.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick... 3 posts on and YOU are the first to mention Obama., I see no accusation of blame for ANYone on this... Do you?
    It would of happened eventually and I think you know that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It would of happened eventually and I think you know that.
    So he was being pre-emptive eh? I suppose now that you mention it. I could work on tying this to the White House. Although I wasn't previously inclined to consider that possibility.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Quick... 3 posts in and YOU are the first to mention Obama., I see no accusation of blame for ANYone on this... Do you?
    Reminds me of John Cleese in Rat Race introducing his lawyer as the man tragically born without a sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, stop crying about it. The US spies on Russia, Russia spies on the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of John Cleese in Rat Race introducing his lawyer as the man tragically born without a sense of humor.
    I shall remember that comment then good sir... in fact, I'll even bookmark it for use in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I shall remember that comment then good sir... in fact, I'll even bookmark it for use in the future.
    That's good, because you if just claim you were testing people when you're proven wrong on basic facts one more time it might stop being funny.

if this is true then what do you think will come of it? my guess? nothing. while Russia has grown ever more nationalist and xenophobic most it not all of it is directed at the west AKA america. count me amazed that they only arrested them and didn't "disappear". but honestly the spy games did not end with the Berlin wall coming down, it was only forgotten.

more OT, uh...nagotioate? I mean what else are they going to do? short of something that you would see in an 80's action movie
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-05-15 at 06:07 AM.

Invasion. Bomb the hell out of whatever they call cities over there, and then send in the troops.

Wait, they don't have oil over there? Well, what's the point then?