Poll: Which name is your favourite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I am having a baby with my girlfriend and we are looking for a girls name!

Okay everybody, we need a girl name for our baby. So far we've got:
    Helena, Alana, Abigail, Alexis, Iris, Irisia, Amerisa, Angelika, Caelyn, Cailey, Cassandra, Elizabeth, Elaine, Haley, Scarlett, Selene, Shayla, Skylar, Victoria, Please tell us which you like, and come with further suggestions in the comment section.

For a boy we have already decided on Tristan Haytham Jespersen.

Deleted
    Incidentally, did Haytham come from Assassin's Creed 3's first main character? Haytham Kenway?

A girls name? Hm....

Rosalinda?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Incidentally, did Haytham come from Assassin's Creed 3's first main character? Haytham Kenway?

A girls name? Hm....

Rosalinda?
    Haha no it did not! But cool :P It means, Young Eagle that's why. Which of the names above suggested do you like?

Monica,Maddy,Rachel,Helena - these are my suggestions.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Deleted
    I like Alexis, just sounds cool to me.

I LOVE the name Victoria That's a name that my hubby and I both agreed on is a good, strong girls name, but also very pretty. So if I had to pick a name suggested above, that would be my choice. And I was actually going to get on here and suggest that name myself, so I would say it is a good choice (from my opinion at the least). Hope you find that perfect baby name though!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest not giving her a name that she has to spell for everyone every time she's asked. Every time she has to pick something up from the pharmacy, every time someone has to find her in a computer system, every time she places an official order for something over the phone she'll have to explain the unusual spelling of her name if you give her one. While it sounds cute and interesting now to name her something like Caelyn, all it really is is a nuisance for both her and others. With that said, I think Cassandra sounds pretty hot. I think Victoria sounds like an old woman.

Iris. One of the most prettiest yet simple names out there.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

I'd suggest also thinking about how names can be shortened, since that's likely to happen. Of the ones you've listed, I rather like (best ones first) ..

Caelyn (Kay?)
    Selene
    Helena (probably won't get shortened)
    Alana (maybe Ali, or maybe not shortened)
    Cassandra (Cassie)
    Elizabeth (Liz)
    Elaine
    Haley

Deleted
    Caelyn Iris sounds nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayarea View Post
    Iris. One of the most prettiest yet simple names out there.
    This. Or Emma, I like that as well :P

If I was going to name a daughter all by myself, I'd go with "Lucy", as I really like that name.

Deleted
    Mercy, Idris, Amwyn, Taerlyth, Wyneffa, Eleya, Oswin are a few of the more uncommon girls names I could think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serana... *whisper* What do you meeaaan I got that from Skyrim, nooo I never, who's saying thiis?! FIINE, I did get the name from Skyrim, dont hate me
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Shakila, Felicia, Rachel,

Out of the ones you have listed, I like Iris and Elizabeth best. Also, congrats!

Deleted
    Not Alana... Honey Boo Boo. I like Caelyn!

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I would suggest not giving her a name that she has to spell for everyone every time she's asked. Every time she has to pick something up from the pharmacy, every time someone has to find her in a computer system, every time she places an official order for something over the phone she'll have to explain the unusual spelling of her name if you give her one. While it sounds cute and interesting now to name her something like Caelyn, all it really is is a nuisance for both her and others. With that said, I think Cassandra sounds pretty hot. I think Victoria sounds like an old woman.
    Never understood why people think it's a nuisance. My polish name is quite common but I'm living and France and I have to spell it everytime, or have to inform people to call me by the diminutive. I don't really care, it's not like it's a problem to spell my name.

Out of the names suggested i like Abigail.

Iv always liked exotic uncommon names myself.

Aria (air in italian, or a expressive melody as it relates to opera)