Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Online passes never really bothered me. If I buy a used game then I generally don't care about playing the multiplayer half of it anyway. I just see it as an extended rental just to rush through the story to say that I experienced it. When I want everything that I can get out of game I pay full price.

I understand why developers use them, fair enough. If a developer releases a game on the PC and consoles, they will always get xxx amount of money (not factoring sales) for the game. If you have a game and friend wants to play it (PC version) they would have to go out and buy the game themselves (or account share, generally against TOS and a good way to get hacked). But if you buy the console version you can play the game, let a friend play it, then sell it and then someone else can buy it cheaper. And if you sell it to someplace like Gamestop then Gamestop is turning a profit too. All these people profiting off the game after the intial purchase but the developer. OF COURSE the developer is going to want a slice of that pie.

Deleted
    EA making a good decision? Blasphemy!

I too am quite suspiscious of EA making a good business decision...

The only problem is, the hole they've dug themselves is probably too deep for this to have any effect for them, which might unfortunately make them not bother considering going further down the line of non-shitty business and, you know, actually gaining some modicum of respect from gamers again.

Hell, they can keep being dicks as long as they start giving us good games again. I mean Ubisoft probably isn't that much better then EA, even if they get less public attention, but I can't bring myself to be annoyed at them very much because they actually bring us some really, really good games.

Although I still havn't forgiven them for Assassin's Creed 3.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    More proof of the Nextbox being always online

"We have listened to feedback" sounds much better than: "We are doing them away because you wont be able to sell games anyway. We will use our shitty origin plattform and the account-binding on the nextgen consoles for all our games."
    Last edited by Faldric; 2013-05-16 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    They're up to something. EA never passes up a chance to take our money
    I have to second this. Unless they're aiming for second place instead of first on the list of most evil companies in existence next year.