Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everything in MoP has been designed to shackle you weekly and daily to the the game, obviously keeping you subscribed. I am not saying gating valor items behind weekly lockouts is solely responsible for keeping people subscribed, but it is definitely part of Blizzard's plan.

Well if you're running LFR then you get rep in the raid, like so many raid tiers in the past (only no grinding trash for rep this time lol... which is a good thing those trash rep grinds were silly). If you're not doing LFR then you're only doing dungeons so you really don't need 522s to do some dungeons that were tuned for people just entering heroics. Makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I will run the LFR until I get exalted anyway but I don't like that game design.
    I really don't see the problem then.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Everything in MoP has been designed to shackle you weekly and daily to the the game, obviously keeping you subscribed. I am not saying gating valor items behind weekly lockouts is solely responsible for keeping people subscribed, but it is definitely part of Blizzard's plan.
    How has that not been the case for every single tier of WoW ever? What was the point of once-a-week raid lockouts? VP/Emblem/Badge caps? Daily quests?

It's an MMO of course it's bloody well designed so you have a reason to keep playing. Otherwise everyone would sit down on patch day and grind up all their gear until they pass out from exhaustion and have nothing to do until the next patch. Other than go on the forums and complain lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    why is that a big deal? its been there since tbc if i remember correctly, Kharazhan with violet eye rep, BT, Icc, Firelands, another way to get gear, i personally like it more than grinding quests... plan to keep pple subscribed or not its been there for years, if u wanna see the raiding content u get this kind of "tools" function qm etc if u dont wanna see it, do dungeons simple as that

Why do I get valor points for completing quests, scenarios and dungeons then. I just ask for an additional way to earn valor gear, nothing more.
    Dailies also give gold, it doesn't mean its the best way for gold, but it is there as an incentive. Valor from dailies is the least effective way to get VP cap, but its just to make it give a little more incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    emblems (that evolved into valor) were created to provide players a protection against bad luck in raid drops. than people QQd that they had to raid to get raid gear, and blizz put valor and valor gear on dailies. than people QQd that they had to do dailies to get raid gear, and blizz put valor gear in a raid reputation.
    It was more to give raiders something to do while not raiding that they got actual benefit from. Otherwise they'd log on to raid and then log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Probably the fact that without the rep, valor points become useless. Without valor points, there is no drive to do content, without a drive to do content, why play the game?

This is why I recently quit actually, got Valor cap, didn't have the rep I needed to spend any of them, and knew I wouldn't for several weeks (Because I refuse to do looking for retards and my raid group has recently become complete shit compared to what we once were...)

Oh but wait, we can use our VP to buy old crafting materials and make like 500g a week! Yeah, no thanks. 500g is nothing.
    How recently was this? Because if it was after the release of ToT I don't see how you could cap VP without having enough rep to buy anything. I have literally never been in that situation on any of my characters this expansion (and back in 5.0 I was really slack with my dailies too). The only way this could be the case is if you did no ToT LFR and no 5.0/5.1 dailies. So what did you do, spam heroics? If that's all you were willing to do in the game I don't even understand why you feel the need to get VP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion has at least one faction that is based around a specific raid. Cata had Avengers of Hyjal, Wrath had Ashen Verdict, BC had Ashtongue Deathsworn, Scale of the Sands, and Violet Eye. Even vanilla did with Zandalar Tribe and Brood of Nozdormu. And now in Mists we have Shado-Pan Assault, only this time LFR is an option for gaining rep. Nothing has really changed as far as raid factions go.

Shado-pan assault is a way to slow faction to rep with and with no rewards rewarding enough. They should have a mount or title reward at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Shado-pan assault is a way to slow faction to rep with and with no rewards rewarding enough. They should have a mount or title reward at least.
    I dont get why its too slow? try grind molten core or even bt and see how much rep do u get?

Why do I get valor points for completing quests, scenarios and dungeons then. I just ask for an additional way to earn valor gear, nothing more.
    There's tons of other valor gear. It's just not 522. Which makes sense, because the only reason u would need the 522 gear is to progress in raids, and if ur raiding then ur getting the rep. Ur complaining about not being able to get shado-pan assault gear, not about valor gear in general, and it's stupid because u don't need it at all for what ur doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually happy people that run LFR (like myself atm) has the privilege to get reputation from a raid vendor. I was hoping it wouldn't stop in LFR at a certain point, but it doesn't I don't raid anymore since I'm busy IRL so this helps give me an extra bonus!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by Xochi View Post
    Every expansion has at least one faction that is based around a specific raid. Cata had Avengers of Hyjal, Wrath had Ashen Verdict, BC had Ashtongue Deathsworn, Scale of the Sands, and Violet Eye. Even vanilla did with Zandalar Tribe and Brood of Nozdormu. And now in Mists we have Shado-Pan Assault, only this time LFR is an option for gaining rep. Nothing has really changed as far as raid factions go.
    Don't forget the Waterlords in MC. Only other faction I can think of that only gave rep from bosses (above a certain point anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Asking why someone wants better gear in an MMO just because he doesn't raid is so idiotic.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If the gear isn't worth the effort, stop going for it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Asking why someone wants better gear in an MMO just because he doesn't raid is so idiotic.
    Asking someone why they want better gear when they don't need it *and* don't enjoy getting it isn't quite so idiotic though.

If you have been clearing it all you only have to do it a couple more times. 3 or 4 if i recall the numbers correctly. Is that such a big deal compared to hours of dailies? 12 bosses that get shorter and easier as weeks go on and we out gear them?
    i mean its just a pair of shoulders that break a set bonus and a tabard at the end of the day. woop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is such a twisted way of thinking btw. For all I know a game like this is meant to be played for a longer timespan (really, I don't go buy a mmo that i plan to play for only a few weeks), and I kinda expect content of all sorts to keep me busy. Then I get content and fuss about the big scheme to keep me subscribed? Ehhhhhh....

stupid thread is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a good enough guild, buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it required to do only quests in 5.0. to have access to that gear! I don't question the idea of gating to have access to valor gear. I just disagree with the double standard. why doing dailies was -for many- such a bad idea in 5.0. and farming raids makes it a good in 5.2. Valor gear is not just to fill up gear for raiders. It is best in slot for many others. I will run LFR to become exalted but I would have liked another way to earn that reputation.
    Any suggestions on another way to earn the rep then? Please don't say dailies. Come up with something new. New ideas are good. Dailies are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toc View Post
    Any suggestions on another way to earn the rep then? Please don't say dailies. Come up with something new. New ideas are good. Dailies are bad.
    One faction doesn't need multiple ways to be earned reputation with. That's just waste of design time.

Deleted
    I see that reputation farming like daily quests farming in 5.0. Doing content you don't want just to have access to valor gear. Why if it is was not acceptable for dailies in 5.0 is acceptable for raid now in 5.2. I have to farm all LFR wings now (even if I don't need gear from them mostly) just to get that 330 rep per boss. I don't see the point of this. What makes this situation more acceptable (I did not hear any outcry) than dailies in 5.0 (who are more interesting imo). I will run the LFR until I get exalted anyway but I don't like that game design.
    While I do agree 100% that valor gear should not be behind any rep at all.

I think it is much better than it was in 5.0 and if they continue this model I will be fine with me.

You get access to 4 (soon to be 5) bits of Valor Gear from doing just the starting quests and 1 wing of LFR.

The rest of the Valor gear will soon (5.3) all be behind honored which I think at most is only 2 weeks of LFR.

The shoulders at exalted are not Valor gear and it is a reward for getting to exalted which again I am cool with.